Had the Kemper Amp Profiler in my studio today - Recorded a song...

Author
PJH
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 599
2011/11/17 12:21:17 (permalink)

Had the Kemper Amp Profiler in my studio today - Recorded a song...

Today I had a friend come and visit the studio and he brought the Kemper Profiling amp with him. We decided to record a song using the unit exclusively to hear what this sounds like in an actual mix.

The song was recorded in Sonar X1.

I used a Strat and a Les Paul to try and demo how well this works with single coils and humbuckers.

The track is a bluesy type song and I chose a JCM800 profile for the backing and the solo with the Strat but for the solo I added a Kemper Tube Screamer to give a bit more dirt.

The quiet part of the track I switched to the Les Paul on the same profile without the Tube Screamer and then for the harder section the profile was changed to the Mesa Boogie Roadking.

Guitars were a MIM Fender Strat and a Tokai Loverock LS98F.

I was blown away with this unit. It was really easy to get great tones and I found that you’re really spoilt for choice. The effects are top notch and you really don’t need much else for superb recordings.

I didn’t have the time to actually profile my own amp but I do have an in depth video demo planned for the near future.

Anyway the link for the clip is: http://soundcloud.com/temper59/kemper-profiling-amp-foxglove

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Peter.

3 Replies Related Threads

Purple Rhapsody
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:Had the Kemper Amp Profiler in my studio today - Recorded a song... 2011/11/17 13:38:34 (permalink)
    This is amazingly cool. Great sound as you say, and the playing is sublime.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/
    drumstixkev
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2709
    Re:Had the Kemper Amp Profiler in my studio today - Recorded a song... 2011/11/17 14:38:51 (permalink)
    Hey Peter,
    Tones sound wonderful on my end.  WOW... you can really rock that relaxed sitting position.

Kev

VoxBoxStudio music made with SONAR & SONiCA AUDIO LAB computers.   Website http://drumstixkev.wix.com/voxboxstudio 

PJH
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 599
    Re:Had the Kemper Amp Profiler in my studio today - Recorded a song... 2011/11/18 02:25:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for the comments and for listening guys.

This thing is amazing. I reckon it's gonna turn digital modelling on it's head.

It hasn't been released yet but I think it will be available from end of November.

Cheers,

Peter.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1