Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2008/11/26 22:59:28 (permalink)

Happy Thanksgiving All who celebrate Thanksgiving.
And for you who are not in the US of A, have a great Thursday November 27th or whatever your culture calls it. Albanian independence day is Friday. As is East Timor's Independence day. And Mauritania's. Barbados' is coming Sunday I think. Party hard dudes (and dudettes).

Yo Oman-ites - sorry I missed the Birthday of Sultan Qaboos a week ago - but hope that went well for you.

Anyway, for those who celebrate Thanksgiving, who like to dress like Pilgrims and get drunk and dance with American Indians, who live for football and roller derby - I identify more with you than missing Sultan Qaboos' birthday (no offense) so lets have a great day.

Peace out.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

33 Replies Related Threads

John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:06:02 (permalink)
    Doesn't it apply to all? Even if you are from Mars the day should still be a happy one. I shall have a happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone everywhere has a happy day too.

Best
    John
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:07:26 (permalink)
    Well, thankee kindly Maurice. And the same to you and yorn. If I could throw a martini...or a deep fried cajun butter injected Turkey (which is what me and mine are havin tomorrow) as far as Houston I'd already be heavin away. Peace be with ya. (And, again, did you ever get my pm about the beta thang? and if not just check in at the web site...all is explained).

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:14:18 (permalink)
    The Beta thing?

My ol pal, I had a massive computer failure. I had to reformat and reinstall everything. Since this is my hobby and part time job, that danged day thing got in the way and made it take too long to reinstall. I lost track of what was happening.

John
    I just wanted to not offend anyone that was fighting for turkey rights, or believed that Thanksgiving was really the beginning of genocide of the Indians, or found our group meals to be repulsive. That is why I made sure and mention the Sultan - acknowledging the important things in other cultures.

By the way, while Tur Duck-En is a popular dish in the south, one of the Arab cultures have a dish that is a camel, stuffed with a llama, with a goat, and a chicken and a fish and an egg - or something like that. It is evidently roasted for a couple of days (camels are not good rare evidently). I think it is for big feasts like weddings and Sultan's Birthdays.

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    John
    Forum Host
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:16:25 (permalink)
    I just wanted to not offend anyone that was fighting for turkey rights

ROTFL!

Best
    John
    space_cowboy
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:21:01 (permalink)
    John
    Our world has seen political correctness enacted to the point that Monty Python would reject it as a script idea as too implausible.

I seriously read about a school where the teacher was teaching the little 6year olds that celebrating thanksgiving was celebrating the murder of the indian population. Wow. So there has to be a POTATO Society (Prevention of Turkey and Turducken Ovening) somewhere out there that I need to be sensitive to.

Sorry Potato heads.

yorolpal
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:23:55 (permalink)
    Weren't the Turduckens one a them Frainch families that ruled Europe in the 1700s or somethin?

Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:25:57 (permalink)
    No they invaded Greece a lot and split the isle of Crete.

yorolpal
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:29:39 (permalink)
    No, no yor thankin a my cajun-butter-injected-deep-fried-turkey. It's inundated with grease. Crete is somethin we make sidewalks out of.

John
    Forum Host
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:49:14 (permalink)
    Wait a second POTATO? I am for the preservation and elevation of potatos everywhere. They are the unsung heros that we dig up from a perfectly happy life in the dirt to play second fiddle to a turkey. Then they get the further insult of having hot gravy pored on top them with out anyone asking them if its OK. I think we should offer them a lot more respect. Then, eat them.

Best
    John
    John
    Forum Host
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/26 23:53:38 (permalink)
    I seriously read about a school where the teacher was teaching the little 6year olds that celebrating thanksgiving was celebrating the murder of the indian population.

They have the wrong day. It should be Columbus day. I heard that the Indians were said to remark "there goes the neighborhood" upon first seeing the three ships approaching.

Best
    John
    DW_Mike
    Max Output Level: -6 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6907
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 00:17:39 (permalink)
    Happy Thanksgiving fellow Sonarites.
    I'm going to stuff myself, take a nap and do it again. Repeat as often as necessary.

Mike

Sonar X3 ~ Scarlett 18i6 ~ Home Build DAW  
    GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Intel i7 3770k 4.2GHz
    32GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Elite (4x8) 
    2x Samsung 250GB SSD 
    1TB WD Black HDD @ 7200RPM 6Gb/s 64MB 
    Corsair H80i Liquid cooler 
    Noctua Silent Fans ~ 3x120mm ~ 1x140mm 
    Seasonic Platinum 760w PSU 
    Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 00:20:11 (permalink)
    There are parts of the US that I would gladly give back to them. We ruint those parts anyway.

Except for Texas. Cant take Texas.

Potatoes - those adorable and edible spuds - that was not what I was talking about POTATO - Prevention of Turkey and Turducken Ovening - It is a real society - if by real you mean something I made up. And if by society you mean that it exists solely in my head and this forum.

AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 01:43:47 (permalink)
    Yea, Space, it is hard to know when to quit joking and where the joke ends. Somewheres out in CA they called off a traditional Indian/Pilgrim fest for kindergardeners since a mother complained about dressing up as stereo types (I guess surround o types would have been fine). Not all the loonies they let out when they closed the mental institutions back in the 60's ended up on NYC's streets but managed to enter into a breeding program. It is like not being able to dress as a witch on Holloween because of wickens or as a skeleton since the bulimic might be offended.

We are having two turkeys since we had a bunch of folk over one time and they ate our single bird to the bone. Besides, this is the only meal my wife cooks, her mother's dressing is to die for but I like smoked turkey better (and it makes no juice for dressing). If there is too much left over, the dog appreciates it.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 05:02:26 (permalink)
    For those in the UK it's coincidently Happy Fondue Day

Enjoy the tea and scones chaps and lashings of ginger beer.
    Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 05:21:57 (permalink)
    Any old reason for a party A bud?
    ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

And for you who are not in the US of A, have a great Thursday November 27th or whatever your culture calls it. Albanian independence day is Friday. As is East Timor's Independence day. And Mauritania's. Barbados' is coming Sunday I think. Party hard dudes (and dudettes).

Yo Oman-ites - sorry I missed the Birthday of Sultan Qaboos a week ago - but hope that went well for you.

Anyway, for those who celebrate Thanksgiving, who like to dress like Pilgrims and get drunk and dance with American Indians, who live for football and roller derby - I identify more with you than missing Sultan Qaboos' birthday (no offense) so lets have a great day.

Peace out.

Craig DuBuc
    arkiruthis
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 343
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 05:27:46 (permalink)
    Actually going to a Thanksgiving in the UK, the host is a lecturer in American History.

I'm just in it for the pumpkin pie...
    b3gsus@msn.com
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1293
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 07:36:51 (permalink)
    Thanksgiving is a universal holiday that all should practice daily. We all have everything to be Grateful for, to have electricity, a computer, Sonar 6,7,8 Pro, FOOD, AIR, FINGERS, and most importantly, if you're reading this, YOU DIDN'T WAKE UP DEAD TODAY!!!!

Thankyou and very seriously,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.....

Wildman,,aka,,,"Nick Danger"
    Studiocat Core2Quad Q9550 w/P45 Cset XP-Pro Sonar Pro 8, 2 FF 800, Wclock, Avalon VT-737, Focusrite V Master,Eureka, 2-LA-4s, Neumann U87,TLM-103,Rode NTK,MCU,Event SP8s, DynAudio BM5As VS-2480 4 DA88
    2-Mackie 24/8buss
    Monkey23
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 848
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 08:54:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: John

Doesn't it apply to all? Even if you are from Mars the day should still be a happy one. I shall have a happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone everywhere has a happy day too.

No, Thanksgiving was last month! Oh, you mean American Thanksgiving.
    David A. Batson
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 203
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 09:02:56 (permalink)
    Happy Thanksgiving All!!
    BeachBum
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 307
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 09:03:07 (permalink)
    No excuses...go do your homework!
    Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 09:12:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

Peace out.

Thanks space, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and everyone else on the forum also. Don't eat too much boyrd as we say here in NJ! ;) I think I'll be dressing like a pilgrim with an indian ponytail to honor both. :) Be safe everyone and be careful driving. :)

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 09:21:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: strikinglyhandsome1

"lashings of ginger beer"...lol... whats that a reference to , the railway children by enid blyton? I've heard it before, but it's bugging me from where.

edit :ahh it was enid blyton anyway..

Jenny Agutter still scrubs up well , even though shes 20 years older than me..hehe
    post edited by Fog - 2008/11/27 09:25:20
    The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 09:24:11 (permalink)
    How many of you guys have spent a day (or more) at a modern poultry farm?

Re: Potatoes... clearly nature made the potato to be a food source... mainly for the potato species.

Selecting and eating a potato is a whole different situation than taking the life of a living breathing being.

It's nice to think people give thanks for what they take, but if the "thanks" were sincere and offered with understanding I suspect there would be less need for awkward jokes about the nature of our relationships with our food sources.

Happy Thanksgiving!

best regards,
    mike

strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 09:25:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Fog

ORIGINAL: strikinglyhandsome1

"lashings of ginger beer"...lol... whats that a reference to , the railway children by enid blyton? I've heard it before, but it's bugging me from where.

edit :ahh it was enid blyton anyway..

Jenny Agutter still scrubs up well , even though shes 20 years older than me..hehe

Famous Five

post edited by strikinglyhandsome1 - 2008/11/27 09:26:01
    rjt
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 10:10:52 (permalink)
    I have much to be grateful for, and don't need to be reminded of that..... but heck, I appreciate the reminder all the same. Not to mention the family and friend time, good food, football (if the Eagles win!!--okay, I guess I'll enjoy it anyway!) and, oh yeah, the day off work!!

Enjoy the day everybody!!!

Talk is cheap; supply outweighs the demand.

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright before you hear them speak.

Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys, Andy Reid owns them!!

DonM
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4129
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 10:13:50 (permalink)
    All:

Happy day to y'all as well. I am nursing a torn Rotator Cuff - the pain is biblical let me assure you. I can't even play guitar!!!!!!! But at least I can eat!

Game on.

-D

SongCraft
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3902
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 10:33:31 (permalink)
    Thanks and Happy Thanksgivings to all

I'll be with the inlaws who are really great! Every year it's a big meal with turkey or Tur'En (just turkey n chicken), potatoes, vegetables, shrimp, and other stuff including desserts (pumpkin pie, apple pie, pineapple n coconut cream pie) and various sweet slices (mostly chocolate fudge slices). ---- Later on we all play a game of trivia (we separate into teams) it's always a lot of fun.

Psalmist35
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1471
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 11:18:46 (permalink)
    I certainly have much to be thankful for! One comes to mind is that I have healthy rotator cuffs! Sorry to hear of your pain Don. Go easy on the perkasets especially if you indulge in an adult breverage. . . . . or two (LOL)

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

Rich

George Foreman Grill; Ginsu knifes; Clapper; Home Grown Intel i7 -6700K 16G Ram; Sonar Platinum; MOTU 896HD; Tascam US2400; 

My Music
    Twigman
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3667
    RE: Happy Thanksgiving - To Those It Applies TO 2008/11/27 11:39:32 (permalink)
    Happy Native American Oppression Day to all of you.

Just remember you're a bunch of traitors and you owe us some serious back taxes! Just hand your keys in at the Dover reception please. I thank you.

Become a Fan on Facebook
    Buy our stuff on iTunes
    Q9550-P5QL-E-8GB1066RAM-GT9800 1GB-RME HDSP9632-W7Prox64-X2x64
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1