Hard Rockin! Song

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/25 22:46:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: robby

Well I like the overall ideas, but I agree with thatsastrat, there are some timing anomoies that distract from the tune.

I don't mean to be rude but I could pick and choose on any tune that has ever been made and say the same thing, even your OWN tunes now that I have heard them.

Hmmm, seems like a few on here want to rain on my parade as far as what I've done so far. Look, I'm not in this to be a superstar, I just wanna make some nice tunes for ALL to hear.

All I was doing was thanking everyone for listening, and I still say NUMBER 6 isn't all that bad on Sound Click. BTW Funny you didn't comment untill now and for all read the previous post because it has some intersting things in it from people just now commenting. JMO!

Keep on keepin' on!
post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/06/25 23:36:37

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 00:49:21 (permalink)
Dude, I don't want to be rude either, and I wasn't. You need to learn to take "constructive crits" I mean "really" Good God! That is what this forum is for? I didn't say "THIS SUCKS!" You ended your post with JMO? That means "Just My Opinion" right? Are other people allowed to listen and comment "with their opinions?" Respectfully? I've done my share of drunk posting too, I'm hoping that's what you did here...

I said there were some timing anomalies. You need to go back and listen to the song. Do you have a metronome? set up a tic track using Sonar, or use the metronome. You'll see that myself and thatsastrat are correct.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with a valid constructive criticism... I always invite “and welcome” both praise, and recommendations for improvement. You’d do well to adopt a similar philosophy… I’m sorry that the times which I post don’t meet with your approval, I’ll work in trying to be first next time…
post edited by robby - 2008/06/26 01:29:34

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
foxwolfen
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8256
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 02:25:38 (permalink)
None of our music is perfect, Freeze. If it were, we would not be hanging out here. For most of us, coming here is a way to learn and improve our skills.

Because of that the automatic assumption is that all posts are actually posted with the expectation of critical feedback. Critical does not mean "bad" it means providing a systematic examination of the work. There is a right way and a wrong way to provide a critical appraisal of something:

Right way - "Your timing seems to be a bit off, you can try to use a click track to help keep your playing in time"

Wrong way - "This sucks, your playing is awful and I could not listen for more than 10 seconds"

It seems to me, that the feedback provided here was the "right way". It was provided to help you improve your song (and we can all use improvement). We do this because we all know that we become deaf to our own mistakes. We do not hear them because we become focused on other aspects of our music. Other people do not have that limitation because they are listening with fresh ears. They can hear what we cannot.

So, please, take the advice in the spirit it was given. You do not have to use it, but it was offered freely and without malice.

Cheers
Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
Mamabear
  • Total Posts : 8954
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 17:28:13 (permalink)
Bobby, this forum is for people to critique your songs. These guys are good, and they're doing us a favor by even listening to our songs. When one of them suggests something about my songs, I sit up and listen and thank them. They know what they're talking about and rarely is anyone ever rude on this forum. We're all here to help and cheer each other on. Don't take anything as a personal attack.
Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 20:41:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Thatsastrat

ORIGINAL: Freeze1st

ORIGINAL: Thatsastrat

The guitars are in tune, and have a good tone, but at about 0:10 the guitar starts to float in and out of time with the tempo.
Check it with a metronome set to go during play back and you will see what I mean.
If you are not using a click track to record with, using one , or getting used to working with one could really help.
This is no dis on your work. Just some help like you were asking for.
If you had Sonar you could fix some of that with audio snap, but it's better to fix it in your playing.

Thanks for the info., very interesting stuff. Hey : "Can I hear some of your tunes?

Not a problem. Sorry I gave advice as I re-read your original post and saw you were not looking for
any. My bad.

Thatsastrat, I applogize and I hope you will accept it. I forgot the fact that some people who post in this thread may not have heard the song yet, what I mean by that is I wasn't thinking when I updated the thanks for listening post in this thread that it would appear like a new song to those who haven't seen this thread yet.

I am ALWAYS glad to hear any advice, and I really do appreciate it, I have a lot to learn and re-learn. Either way I appologize for my stupid attitude. I've been having problems with my computer and recording and it's really really really driving me crazy and is frustrating, but I have another thread started in Music Creator forum for that so I wan't discuss that here. Please disregard anything I said that might have sounded bad because I wasn't thinking when I replied in this post that a lot who haven't heard might reply. Thanks for the advice!

Keep on keepin' on!
post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/06/26 21:24:16

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 20:47:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby

Dude, I don't want to be rude either, and I wasn't. You need to learn to take "constructive crits" I mean "really" Good God! That is what this forum is for? I didn't say "THIS SUCKS!" You ended your post with JMO? That means "Just My Opinion" right? Are other people allowed to listen and comment "with their opinions?" Respectfully? I've done my share of drunk posting too, I'm hoping that's what you did here...

I said there were some timing anomalies. You need to go back and listen to the song. Do you have a metronome? set up a tic track using Sonar, or use the metronome. You'll see that myself and thatsastrat are correct.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with a valid constructive criticism... I always invite “and welcome” both praise, and recommendations for improvement. You’d do well to adopt a similar philosophy… I’m sorry that the times which I post don’t meet with your approval, I’ll work in trying to be first next time…

Robby, I owe you and everyone who has replied since I made the post about the current status of the song : "Where I said thanks", A HUGE APOLOGY!!!!!! I'm sorry man, I made a poor choice by posting the update of my song to go back to the original thread post for the song.

I WASN'T THINKING ABOUT THE FACT A LOT OF PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE NOT HEARD THIS YET, I was just posting a thankyou for how my song made it to 6 on soundclick, and when I read your reply I thought you were trying to downgrade where I made it on there : "WHICH I KNOW YOU WERE NOT!". You were simply trying to help, I'm sorry I wasn't thinking about that, and I appreciate every word on your review very very much!!! You have an awesome voice BTW! I noticed the collaboration you and Mamabear done made it up to #2 in the category, I think it shoulda been #1! Once again I appologize, this was a poor choice on my part to post and update to how a song done for me, I should have started a new category.

Keep on keepin' on!

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 20:49:26 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice, but I must say I sure wish I could do that right now, I'm shut down on recording w/MC4 right now, I want get into that right now I have a thread in MC4 that keeps growing larger and larger because NOBODY can give me the answer to my problem with recording. Anyway thanks again for the advice I appreciate it very much!

Keep on keepin' on!

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 20:51:27 (permalink)
Thanks foxwolfen! please read my previous two replies before this reply and maybe that will explain everything. I'm going stir crazy from this recording problem I am having but that wasn't the reason I sounded like a jerk. I appologize to you and everyone on here because I made a mistake and said some stupid things about a subject that noone really was even talking about.

Keep on keepin' on!

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 21:00:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mamabear

Bobby, this forum is for people to critique your songs. These guys are good, and they're doing us a favor by even listening to our songs. When one of them suggests something about my songs, I sit up and listen and thank them. They know what they're talking about and rarely is anyone ever rude on this forum. We're all here to help and cheer each other on. Don't take anything as a personal attack.

Yep Mamabear, You are right, when I replied in this thread I didn't take that into account because what I posted I didn't realize that a lot of people on here may not have even heard this song because I had to go 3 pages over to find the orignal post I had made.

I should have started a new thread explaining my post better, or that is to say thanks instead of the song thread, but I wasn't thinking about that and just felt like everyone was coming down on me : "Which I know they were not". My mistake.

Here's a quick link to what I posted that got all my stupidity started, maybe this will explain it, like I said I didn't take into account that there are others who might not have heard what I have done yet : http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.asp?m=1406979

Keep on keepin' on!

robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/26 21:45:21 (permalink)
Heh, it's all good. keep in mind, we are "all" improving, every one of us. And one tool that I have used which has helped me GREATLY has been this forum. Your ears are good, but they're only 2 ears. Others here have really really good perspective (I'm not one of those, but I do have perspective). There are "world class" musicians who hang out here for whom I have tremendous respect. A lot of times, I listen to songs and can only offer high praise, sometimes I listen and have a comment (from my opinion) as to how things "may" be changed or improved, so I share that, and thankfully, so do many others.

It's difficult sometimes because, "it's like someone calling your baby ugly". But you (and by you I mean "everyone") need to clear your mind of that and listen carefully to what people have to say. Because, sometimes, we're (and by we, I mean me and "everyone") too close to our own beautiful baby! And we can't see any flaws. So again, welcome and value "all" input. It is all valuable ;-)

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
foxwolfen
  • Total Posts : 8256
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/27 00:29:47 (permalink)

Thanks foxwolfen! please read my previous two replies before this reply and maybe that will explain everything. I'm going stir crazy from this recording problem I am having but that wasn't the reason I sounded like a jerk. I appologize to you and everyone on here because I made a mistake and said some stupid things about a subject that noone really was even talking about.

Keep on keepin' on!

I hear you bro. I get rather cantankerous at times myself when I get frustrated. Do not worry, we all still love you

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
alkie
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2706
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/28 00:49:52 (permalink)
Thing is, nobody has said anything about how the tempo really has a lot of lag to it, I'm surprised about that

hi Freeze1st,

I`m glad as i was reading through the thread i came to your quote above ,
not to take this the wrong way but the timing did seem way off and the drums
were panned totally to the right and the rhythm guitar totally to the left, didn`t
work for me JMPO. Like someone said earlier with Sonar7 you could fix alot of
the timing issuse with audiosnap. This is only constructive critisism which i think
witch wyzwurd was trying to get you to seek out being that most of the musicians
on this site are very christian and accent the positive while holding back the negative.
I`m in no way shape or form saying being christian is bad it`s just sometimes
people need to hear the negatives so they know what they need to improve upon.
P.S i`d love to hear this song fixed up i believe it has alot of potential.
and i`m also a product of the 80`s glam rock,hairband ,heavy metal scene.
I loved DOKKEN,RATT,HURRICANE,BLUE MURDER,PRETTY MAIDS,QUEENSRYCHE,
DREAM THEATER, KILLER DWARFS,TNT,MEGADETH,and too many more to mention.

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
because he knows the time is short.....
let him who hath understanding.....
reckon the number of the beast.....
for it is a human number...
it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/06/28 20:44:18 (permalink)
Hey alkie, I'll be the first to admit that there are several things wrong with the timing in this song. LOL, I need to practice very badly right now and just can't seem to do it. I hadn't really picked up any kinda instrument in a long time untill 6 months ago, it mighta been 18-20 years or so and I still haven't done any practicing. I'm kinda stuck in this lay down the tracks and go for it kinda thing because I'm limited on time. That's no excuse really to not put a little polish on the tracks or the songs and to not practice on my part, I just can't seem to get outa that groove of lay it down finish and move on to the next thing.
I'm not a drummer, singer or bass player but I guess I'm working on it a little at a time by doing these improve things. It's fun but I know I need to get my timing working right.
I've been having a serious problem with recording with MC4 and you can check out that thread in the Music Creator forum. I laid down 2 tracks today with Alberton live lite with no problem. It's crazy the problem I keep having with MC but I want get into that here because this is the song forum.

Hey thank you for any and all advice! I really do appreciate it, I was a jerk in my earlier post but I wasn't taking many things into consideration that I should have. Music isn't a contest to me at all, that's one reason I got out of it many years ago because I got tired of the speed metal wars so to speak, it got to the point where creativity was a matter of how fast can you play, and the songs stunk because of it. It was a lesson learned now that I'm back into music again because the only person I have to rely or worry about is myself and that's such a relief. Sorry such a long message and I'm sure I'm not telling you everything about my situation but all I can say is, It's good to be back and to be talking with "REAL MUSICIANS" like you and others here on the forums because I know everyone is here to help in anyway to make the "SONG" the best it can be for whoever creates it and or performs it.

Keep on keepin' on!

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/03 20:27:53 (permalink)
This was fun, and I hope you liked it, if you didn't then that's not my fault and that's ok, like it or hate it but please don't attack me for trying. All I can be is me, and if you don't like me then : "SO BE IT". that goes both ways............ I wish everyone the best always in whatever they may try to do.

I know the message says at the bottom : "(in reply to robby)", this message is to everyone not just him.

FREEZE1ST

post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/08/03 20:55:10

wilson_inc
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 219
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/04 00:01:33 (permalink)
how bout an honest review

your rhythm guitar playing has energy tone

bass and drums are buried underneath

vocals are buried
can't really hear your lyric

sometimes one good lead note can sound better than 15 in the same space

http://www.soundclick.com/mrwilsoninc
Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/04 13:09:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wilson_inc

how bout an honest review

your rhythm guitar playing has energy tone

bass and drums are buried underneath

vocals are buried
can't really hear your lyric

sometimes one good lead note can sound better than 15 in the same space

Thanks for the review. This was one of my initial attempts at recording with MC4, I have learned a lot since this noise, I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the input though, I'll keep that in mind in the future when recording. I take everyone's advice as something I can learn from.
There were a lot of tech problems that I had right after I posted this, and couldn't really do anything with this noise. Eitherway, that's not an excuse for the playing.

Thanks again

Freeze1st

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/30 17:08:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mamabear

Sometimes this FORUM is just to be heard by others who might say they EITHER LIKE it or they dont. Sorry Janet, I just turned 40 and I ain't gonna BOW DOWN and kiss nobody's AZZ! PERIOD! And I ain't gonna say someone is better than me OR ANYBODY ELSE PERIOD!!!!!! It's ok to hurt me, it's not ok for someone to offer opinions to hurt someone else, and it's not just confined to this one thread which is another point that I am trying to make and talking about. I don't care who I pizz off with this reply! I owe NOTHING TO NOONE!!!! If you don't like hearing my music then just don't listen!!! Or listen and say it sucks!!!! Or whatever : "At least be HONEST EVERYONE!!!". I ain't gonna be polite to a bunch of people who aren't to me also. If ya don't like it say it SUCKS!!! Don't BS me because that's BS!!!

Bobby

FREEZE1ST here on the Forums!

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/30 17:14:25 (permalink)

This was like my 3rd song or so w/MC4, I've learned a lot since then.

I posted another song a couple days or so ago which was my first w/mc 4. Anyway this song when I done it, I had a problem with a few tweaks I done on my computer and restored it and lost the master mix file or bundle file I should say which I thought I had saved to my external hard drive.

Anyway this was a fun tune to do and thought I would let everyone hear it. I don't know if I will re-record it or not because I am working on some other projects right now. I've learned a lot in the past months since I started w/MC4 on recording and all and doing this song and the other I have posted. I know this song has flaws and the "Vocals" if you can call them that are not all that great but I have to be able to convey my thoughts somehow on how I feel my song should go. I'm workin' on it and maybe I'll get it right with some of my new projects.

I hope you like it. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Keep on keepin' on!

The title is "Hard Rockin!"

Here's the link : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=841882&songID=6609086

I don't care if you like it or not, I hate someone kicking me when I am down, and I have been, and this song was a feel good song that to be honest with you : "I HATE IT!!!!!", I'm gonna delete it from soundclick afterwhile, I think I will delete everything, and delete myself from this forum, nobody gives a sh!t anyway!. Right now I have to go and figure out what I am gonna do. This song SUCKED!!!!!!!!! I hate everything about this song!!!!!! I hate it all!!!!!!! This ain't me playing on this tune, I am much better than that!!!!! It all ends NOW! SCREW IT!!!!!!!!

BOBBY!!!!!!

alkie
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/30 22:45:50 (permalink)
bye bobby, sorry to see you go.

it`s number is.....

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/31 12:34:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: alkie

Have a nice whatever.....

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/31 16:44:19 (permalink)

All I can say is sorry, I kinda party'd down last night being my 40th birthday and SHOULDN'T have gotten online. No more of that crap!!! That's all I can say, one of my presents for my 40th bday was a 12 pack of booz, it would have been an insult to not drink it, trust me I feel like crap today!!!!! Last night was a haze. Don't drink and surf the web! I guess I'm gonna stay off of here for a while because I figure at this point nobody on here want's to speak to me anyway. Thank God I woke up today!!!!! I hate BOOZ!!!!!! Sorry to everyone on the forums for anything I said last night or earlier today because I was still in lala-land........ I wish I could say it was fun, but it wasn't, I found nothing fun whatsoever, just destruction.
Ok, I'm always honest, my drunk stupid self said I was gonna leave the forums, I am always honest so I guess I will just to maintain my honesty. It's been a blessing talking to everyone on here. Take care.

Bobby

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/31 17:05:37 (permalink)

All I can say is sorry, I kinda party'd down last night being my 40th birthday and SHOULDN'T have gotten online. No more of that crap!!! That's all I can say, one of my presents for my 40th bday was a 12 pack of booz, it would have been an insult to not drink it, trust me I feel like crap today!!!!! Last night was a haze. Don't drink and surf the web! I guess I'm gonna stay off of here for a while because I figure at this point nobody on here want's to speak to me anyway. Thank God I woke up today!!!!! I hate BOOZ!!!!!! Sorry to everyone on the forums for anything I said last night or earlier today because I was still in lala-land........ I wish I could say it was fun, but it wasn't, I found nothing fun whatsoever, just destruction.
Ok, I'm always honest, my drunk stupid self said I was gonna leave the forums, I am always honest so I guess I will just to maintain my honesty. It's been a blessing talking to everyone on here. Take care.

Bobby

Bobby..

AHH.. SHADDUP!

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
alkie
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/08/31 20:34:48 (permalink)
aye it`s a braw bricht moonlicht nicht tonicht withoot bobby see ya when ye come back.

it`s number is.....

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/09/01 03:32:55 (permalink)

aye it`s a braw bricht moonlicht nicht tonicht withoot bobby see ya when ye come back.

Yeah, I was an idiot, I meant all the good things I said and none of the bad. No more of that crap, the bad that is! Trust me on that one! Truth is I kinda feel good about zapping all the stuff I had on soundclick, I mean it was all improvisation stuff. I still have it, but it was a means of putting off things instead of doing what I am really capable of doing after practicing and perfecting songs. The reason I say that is I'm looking forward to practicing on the guitar and doing some stuff that I take the time to at least try and perfect the songs or sounds. I'm fixing to put my new strings on my electric guitar as soon as I get off of the forums here. I've put that off way too long. I've gotta do some serious adjustments on my floyd rose whammy bar on this guitar, the rollers aren't even moving now and that's why I had 3 strings break at one time, I figured that much out anyway. Oh well, the world doesn't revolve around Freeze1st or Bobby. Well the world of Freeze1st and Bobby does, but I want my world to be a nice one instead of a mean one. I can't promise no more stupidity, all I can do is try and be better.......

Bobby

rob.pulman
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1146
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/09/04 08:05:51 (permalink)
Freeze I was trying all night in work last night to play 'Hard Rockin' through the link on your post, I get your music page up but no song listings. I'm getting the same problem now that I'm at home - is there a prob with your soundclick page?

I wanna hear that song!

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
rob.pulman
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1146
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/09/05 11:57:37 (permalink)
Bobby, I wouldn't keep your sounds off your soundclick page man. I've got 4 songs on mine and in my mind I see the first 3 as just me trying to get used to the whole recording thing, and getting to grips with all the new software we have to learn. After all, all our songs are just really improvisation stuff - we've improvised all of them out of nothing.

I'm not removing my first 3 songs even though they lack any sort of quality, I play them myself now and again and it really helps me in spotting and actually knowing what I did badly and what I would avoid doing in my next song for example.

I'd really like to hear your 'Hard Rockin' song - any song we put down or manage to get recorded in any mix, in my opinion, is good work. We're all (except for the pros) recording using hobbyist equipment, usually in a bedroom or spare room or whatever, and juggling it between everything else we're doing in our lives. And I honestly tell you, there isn't that many people around who can do it. My friends/family hear my 'bad' songs, and tell me things like 'I wish I could do that'.

Any material we get down is self-written, rehashed a hundred times by ourselves, played, recorded and mixed by ourselves, and eventually posted for all to hear. I think that's a big accomplishment.

Keep on going and keep on churning out the stuff!

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/09/07 06:54:58 (permalink)

Yeah, I had a wild night, it was my 40th can't a I get a mulligan on that one at least. As for the rest, that's just venting frustration and being my normal idiot self. Hmmm, Nobody seems to be laughing with me...... Shucks, I'm just gonna have to be the real me "Which is a nice person" from now on. Dog gone it! Golly Gee Wiz! Son of a Gun! I think my next metal song will be called : " What a lovely day " !!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! My next metal tune is gonna kick some UKW!!!! As for the rest, I really mean that.

Bobby

Freeze1st
RE: Hard Rockin! Song 2008/09/07 06:58:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jamesg1213

Bobby

Bobby..

AHH.. SHADDUP!

"Who you calling a Psycho?"......

Bobby

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1