Have everthing BUT sound wave in tracks

Author
djayers1
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 172
2010/07/19 00:32:15 (permalink)

Have everthing BUT sound wave in tracks

I've been working on this project with no problems (several instrumental tracs, and a few vocal trks).  Then I recorded a new vocal track like before, listened, saved it, and then closed the file and Sonar.  The next time I opened it, I can see all the tracs with their names, V-vocal indicated where I used it, and the automated mix lines, but no wave forms, and no sound.  When  opening, this message came up:  "some external audio files could not be found.  Missing audio data has replaced with silence". 

Is there someplace this might be retrieved, or is all lost (I do have copies of all but my last vocal takes)?  What must I have done to cause this problem - having done everything just as I had done many times before (as far as I know) without any problem?

Sonar 8.5.3 PS

David Ayers X3e, 64, Quad core. 8 gig mem., Lexicon Omega

3 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:Have everthing BUT sound wave in tracks 2010/07/19 01:05:46 (permalink)
    Unfortunately I can't give you a good answer to you tricky question.
    However, it's good to know, that  pitch correction programs (Melodyne, Autotune, V-Vocal) are often risky to leave active in the project. They're known to cause unexpected problems.

IMO it's recommendable to work with them in steps so short, that you can bounce the edited clip and remove or disable the VST before saving and closing the project.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    ba_midi
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14061
    Re:Have everthing BUT sound wave in tracks 2010/07/19 01:11:43 (permalink)
    djayers1

I've been working on this project with no problems (several instrumental tracs, and a few vocal trks).  Then I recorded a new vocal track like before, listened, saved it, and then closed the file and Sonar.  The next time I opened it, I can see all the tracs with their names, V-vocal indicated where I used it, and the automated mix lines, but no wave forms, and no sound.  When  opening, this message came up:  "some external audio files could not be found.  Missing audio data has replaced with silence". 

Is there someplace this might be retrieved, or is all lost (I do have copies of all but my last vocal takes)?  What must I have done to cause this problem - having done everything just as I had done many times before (as far as I know) without any problem?

Sonar 8.5.3 PS

WHat OS are you using (ie, WIn7 64bit, XP 32bit?).    How did you save the file ... ie., did you save as a CWP file or CWB?   What option were you using for the save -- ie., do you have "Use Per Project Folders" set as your default?

Can you open other projects ok?  Is it just ONE that has a problem?

Give as much detail as you can, it will facilitate others who wish to help.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    djayers1
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 172
    Re:Have everthing BUT sound wave in tracks 2010/07/23 16:52:12 (permalink)
    Sorry to respond so late - couldn't find this post, and was I then gone.  Have since found the "Subscribed" button, and my post.

I  just switched to a new computer, but had Vista, 32, 2G mem, 8.5, CWP file.  Unless something really rings a bell with you, I'm going to sit on this for a while, and see if the new computer (quad, 8gig mem.) solves some of my problems.  Thanks for your response.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1