Having issues with additional install libraries on Mac and 10.6.1

Author
georgelegeriii
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/10/31 23:02:25 (permalink)

Having issues with additional install libraries on Mac and 10.6.1

Hi,

I bought a few of the Proteus bundles last month when they were on sale. Then I purchased Dimension Pro and Rapture this last month. Great deals BUT i have had so many issues with getting things installed and serial numbers working that I am ready to toss the whole lot out.

So, first, the links sent didn't work. We got that resolved over about a week. So much for instant gratification. Finally things were working, and I had Dimension LE going. It seems to be very high CPU use happening though.

Now I Purchased the Dimension Pro and Rapture package deal. I was able to get things installed, and then discovered that there were additional banks available on line. I was able to install the first of the 2 banks, then I go this "no valid serial number found" prompt on the attempt to install bank 2. No biggie I thought.

Now I'm attempting to install my Proteus packs (can't see the ones I already installed with D LE.. strange that), and I'm getting the same no serial prompt. now, the funny thing is that I can open Dimension Pro 1.5 not problems, play sounds, etc, I just can't install my additional banks... And the only reason I ever started this little journey was to get access to some of my favorite Proteus sounds.

So, like they say in the movies: help me Obie Wan, you're my only hope ;-))

George Leger III

1 Reply Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Having issues with additional install libraries on Mac and 10.6.1 2010/11/01 09:53:30 (permalink)
    georgelegeriii

Hi,

I bought a few of the Proteus bundles last month when they were on sale. Then I purchased Dimension Pro and Rapture this last month. Great deals BUT i have had so many issues with getting things installed and serial numbers working that I am ready to toss the whole lot out.

So, first, the links sent didn't work. We got that resolved over about a week. So much for instant gratification. Finally things were working, and I had Dimension LE going. It seems to be very high CPU use happening though.

Now I Purchased the Dimension Pro and Rapture package deal. I was able to get things installed, and then discovered that there were additional banks available on line. I was able to install the first of the 2 banks, then I go this "no valid serial number found" prompt on the attempt to install bank 2. No biggie I thought.

You can find a temporary fix and work around for the free expansion packs here:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2114782

georgelegeriii

Now I'm attempting to install my Proteus packs (can't see the ones I already installed with D LE.. strange that), and I'm getting the same no serial prompt. now, the funny thing is that I can open Dimension Pro 1.5 not problems, play sounds, etc, I just can't install my additional banks... And the only reason I ever started this little journey was to get access to some of my favorite Proteus sounds.

So, like they say in the movies: help me Obie Wan, you're my only hope ;-))

George Leger III

It seems the Proteus Packs have the same issue as the free expansion packs.  Since you have Dimension LE.  Install all of the Proteus Packs for Dimension LE instead.  Then copy the contents from Dimension LE Contents folder over to the Dimension Pro Contents folder.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1