Having panning issues with my finished song????

Author
mmholtman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2014/01/07 17:13:29 (permalink)

Having panning issues with my finished song????

When I export my song's main mix as a WAV file, I open it up in iTunes to test it out. The panning is not what I heard while working on it in SONAR, and it is completely different. The guitar is in the middle while the vocal is completely off to the left ear and the other instruments are completely off to the right. I just want everything in the middle like the way I heard it. How do I adjust panning on my finished song/or why is it doing this? I am fairly new to home recording and i am excited about my new song, I just want to get it out there the way I heard it in SONAR. Much help appreciated, thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re: Having panning issues with my finished song???? 2014/01/11 11:09:30 (permalink)
    I have absolutely no answer for this .... sorry.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you are exporting it properly.

Once you have opened the EXPORT window, there should be a drop down for "presets". Choose "What you Hear" as the preset. Now don't change any other options, and export again. It should sound exactly like it did in Sonar.

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
    Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
    Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1