Help - BCF2000 receiving midi data on Fader 7 only...???

Author
mgforum
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/07/14 08:59:30 (permalink)

Help - BCF2000 receiving midi data on Fader 7 only...???

Hi all, I am at a loss and need some expert advice.

Have spent many days trying to get my BCF2000 working again, though the results are puzzling?

After the unit originally sending then not sending, I had used BC Manager to upload presets, which may have caused this fatal problem.

My Dliema is:......

- My BCF2000 works perfectly sending all data via USB or MIDI options using U-1 or S-1, but only recieves data back from only ONE sonar midi channel and NOT ANY AUDIO channels... The only rotor fader I can get to move is CC07 (Channel 7) on the BCF in preset mode 2 (the Sonar controller surface mapping I uploaded),

- In fact all the MIDI tracks will send its data to this track 7.. (If more than one midi read automation is enabled the rotor goes nuts receiving all data to this one channel on the BCF.

- What is more strange is that on occasion when I slide fader 7 on the BCF2000, channel 7 and channel 1 move at the same time.

- I am very good with problem solving, but this one has me stuffed as I cannot work out how Sonar 7 send the midi data back to the BCF2000 and WHY it is only going to Fader 7 on the BCF?

- I have reloaded the Default BCF200 Sysex settings to Preset 1 and loaded Sonar Sysex to Preset 2.

- I have gone deep into checking all parameters on the BCF2000, though sending to Sonar works perfectly, it is the return data and results are the same whether I use USB mode or unplug and goto MIDI cables.

- I have also deleted all midi conflicts using KORG-MIDI uninstall (of which there were many entries) then reinstalled, BCF2000 driver works fine with all my mapping going to SONAR but it is the return data that seems stuffed, or some bindings inside the BCF2000 possibly.

My problem is I am unsure whether it is a problem with the BCF2000 Global Settings (which may have been overwritten by BC Manager) or with some settings within SONAR 7 itself???

Please, any advice might be helpful as this seems a very strange problem and only occurs with Fader 7 on the BCF2000, nothing else moves....strange indeed.

What am I doing wrong, I have spent days on forums and have tried almost everything except seeking expert advice and have never had as much trouble with any device before... I am at a complete loss now....

1 Reply Related Threads

aj
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1084
    Re: Help - BCF2000 receiving midi data on Fader 7 only...??? 2014/07/23 17:25:08 (permalink)
    Your problem may actually be a simple hardware issue. Behringer purchased a lot of capacitors at a time when, due to an act of industrial espionage that went wrong, many low-cost caps were ticking timebombs. Over time they start to physically bulge at the top as the liquid inside started to decompose partially into gas, hydrogen I think, but not sure. Anyway, once that happens Weird Stuff happens because the power rails on which all that logic is hanging are jumping all over the place..

just google 'bad caps' to find out more.

Anyway, my BCR2000 had a strange issue a bit like this - USB would not work but the MIDI ports still worked - and that's what the problem turned out to be. I replaced the cap for under a dollar and the problem was solved. Any appliance repair shop should be able to do this quickly. Note that if you're planning on doing it yourself, the capacitor must be specified as 'Low ESR'. Just google.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1