Help Me to MIDI Forget Everything

Author
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
2006/03/17 18:25:16 (permalink)

Help Me to MIDI Forget Everything

Besides joining the French Foreign Legion. OK, now MIDI Learn in Rapture. It's cool stuff, and not unlike z3ta+'s implementation: Learn in a holding pattern, adjust your physical control, and you're in. Once there, you can set minimum and maximum values (a range), reverse the throw, and Forget it to reset the control. There's even a handy little reminder of what MIDI message you used (including pitchbend and aftertouch).

And (also like z3ta+), the running results get stored in a MIDI config file (Rapture\MIDI subfolder). Unlike z3ta+, this is now no longer in a text file, but in a .bin file (hmm ... very Mac-like). Learning in a control for the first time creates the .bin file, yet it persists beyond 'forgetting' each control, reloading, and relaunching. Deleting the .txt file has gotten me out of a bind or two in totally resetting z3ta+'s Learn configuration, synth-wide.

My question is: Is it a safe standard operating procedure to delete the MidCfg00.bin file as a way of "forgetting" everything, and starting over from scratch? Or is there another way to do so that I've yet to discover? Either way, I can see this info coming in handy later on as a diagnostic for Rapture (and soon, DimPro 1.1).

4 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Help Me to MIDI Forget Everything 2006/03/17 18:39:26 (permalink)
    And (also like z3ta+), the running results get stored in a MIDI config file (Rapture\MIDI subfolder). Unlike z3ta+, this is now no longer in a text file, but in a .bin file (hmm ... very Mac-like). Learning in a control for the first time creates the .bin file, yet it persists beyond 'forgetting' each control, reloading, and relaunching. Deleting the .txt file has gotten me out of a bind or two in totally resetting z3ta+'s Learn configuration, synth-wide.

It's the same way in z3ta+ b (and Pentagon I and Triangle II). Results are stored into a bin file, which is the configuration file zipped (there could be 1500 x 130 assignments potentially, and you wouldn't to have that huge file as text). In z3ta+, there's an option to -display- that as a text file, but the thing is still stored in the bin.

You can safely delete MidCfg00 to clear all assignments.. Rapture will re-create it on next MIDI Learn.

-René
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Help Me to MIDI Forget Everything 2006/03/17 18:48:12 (permalink)
    In z3ta+, there's an option to -display- that as a text file, but the thing is still stored in the bin.
    Ah, yes. Comes the dawn. Couldn't see the forest for the trees. OK, cool. So there's an easy (safe) way out. Thanks.
    I remember this *n00B* at one time that who had these intermittent, spurious messages coming out of an Oxy8, and ...
    awilki01
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 817
    RE: Help Me to MIDI Forget Everything 2006/03/17 20:08:51 (permalink)
    Is it just me, or does Cakewalk give some awesome customer support here?!?!?! I have never seen the likes of this anywhere!

René,
    I just want to say "Thank you!" for the support. It has been recognized, and as a result, I feel compelled to support and purchase your products. As I just stated in another post, I just purchased Rapture myself, and I am eagerly anticipating its arrival. Thanks to you and your team for what seems to be a very good product.

Regards,

Adam
    post edited by awilki01 - 2006/03/17 20:15:10
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Help Me to MIDI Forget Everything 2006/03/18 09:52:27 (permalink)
    Thanks Adam. I'm very confident that Rapture will give many hours of fun!

-René
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1