Help for Newbie

Author
drjay1948
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/05/09 04:14:51 (permalink)

Help for Newbie

Hi I am a newbie to Cakewalk. I have a roland A-500Pro and have a question: How do I connect it to Real Band? The controller is lit up and my yamaha interface is working, but I think the problem is with the soundcard. As I understand the job of of the midi controller is to control what is in the computer. Is this correct? I am Struggling with this. best drjay1948

1 Reply Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Help for Newbie 2012/05/09 10:13:36 (permalink)
    You would probably do better to go to the real band site.  But here are some questions.

The A-500 is the keyboard controller - what yamaha interface?  Audio/Midi or both?  The A-500 connects via Midi - so it must be plugged into this type of connector.  From there the A-500 sends midi control messages, the basic ones being which note on (and off), velocity (how hard you play the notes to replicate piano soft/full effect) as well as many other kind of control messages.

The soundcard (what kind?) converts the midi notes to audio and streams any audio from your computer software (such as Real Band, which I have no knowledge of).

Answer how all these elements are hooked up and if you are trying to play your interface w/ the K500.  Usually these built-in cards have a cheap General Midi synth which is used to play back game music, which is what I think you are trying to use (to play your own music, not game music, of course).  Midi is just info, and could be assigned to your interface or a software synth in Real Band if it has such a critter.  To many unknowns to give a more specific answer.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1