Help - recording parameter changes in Sonar 8.5 LE

Author
Mornixuur
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2011/02/03 06:36:57 (permalink)

Help - recording parameter changes in Sonar 8.5 LE

Hi,

I just purchased the A-300 pro. It came with sonar 8.5 LE and besides a latency problem which i solved by adjusting the mixing latency setting it up was pretty painless. Last night i tried to record some stuff and to my surprise sonar did not record the parameter changes while recording from a softsynth. I did some googling and looked at the online help. It seemed there are two ways to tackle this. Setting up an envelope manually or add param recording by activating it on the track (clicking the W). Since the last option seemed the easiest i tried that but it didn't work.

Setup
- A-300 hooked up to HP DV8 notebook (windows 7 64, 8GB ram, Nvidia sound onboard)
- installed driver and a-pro surface according to manual
- insert softsynth as simple instrument track and synth property view
- on the track i activate R (for recording) and W (for parameter recording)

This is all working. I can see and hear the parameter changes while playing both in the softsynth and on the apro controller surface. Except the parameter changes are not recorderd. There is no envelope with the chanegs visible in the track. I understood that it should be created automatically.

additional info:

- it doesn't matter which softsynth i use
- activating the W on the mastertrack does record volume changes!

I hope someone can point out what i am missing here.

Thnx in advance for helping out a newbie.

Grtz,
Michel

post edited by Mornixuur - 2011/02/03 07:01:41

1 Reply Related Threads

Mornixuur
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:Help - recording parameter changes in Sonar 8.5 LE 2011/02/04 13:21:33 (permalink)
    Ok. Problem solved. One final location where you can turn on/off write automation did the trick. In this case the checkbox in the synth rack. I guess inexperience and the slightly confusing interface of Sonar LE is not a good mix... ;)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1