Help with MOXF Remote Editor VST in Sonar Professional

Author
Peter Lowe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2017/07/11 10:25:20 (permalink)

Help with MOXF Remote Editor VST in Sonar Professional

When I run the MOXF Remote Editor in Standalone mode I can click a key on the editor's virtual keyboard and the MOXF will play a not. However when I run it as a VST inside Sonar I can't get this to work. I've tried all the combinations of settings I can think of including the instructions here: 
http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/sy-moxf/10717/8077

The editor will sync with the MOXF over Port 4 OK and I can change the voices and other controls - just can't play from the VST keyboard. I've tried adding the VST with just the create MIDI track option, and also adding it with create MIDI and Audio options.

If I configure MIDI In = MOXF-1 Omni, and MIDI Out = MOXF-1 with MIDI Echo on then I hear sound when I play the MOXF. The corresponding key on the VST does not light up.

If I configure MIDI In = MOXF-1 Omni, MIDI Out=MOXF8 VST-1, Audio Track Input to MOXF VST-1 > MOXF:1 Stereo, Audio Track Output to Master, then I hear no sound when I play the MOXF, but the appropriate key on the VST lights up. Clicking the VSTi keyboard does not produce any sound.

It's not a huge deal as the main point of this is the remote editing which does work, but I'd just like to get the virtual keyboard to work as it does in the standalone mode.

All help appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1