Help with Rewire & Reason

Author
studiodork
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2005/06/08 21:42:54 (permalink)

Help with Rewire & Reason

Hi folks,
I cannot seem to get Reason 3.0 to work in Rewire, well it works, but when I go to record I get monitor blowing noise instead of my recorded Reason track. It all works fine Reason shows itself in "Rewire Slave" mode, and it shows up in Sonar 4, however if I hit play, it plays shreaking, loud noise (granted my music is not that great) but this is BLOW YER monitors DANGER BAD, BAD noise.. HELP!?!

DAW:
Pent 4 3.2gig 800mhz FSB 2 gigs of ram Win XP Pro, using the Aardvark Q10 pro
1TB of storage, 200 gig system drive.

4 Replies Related Threads

bermuda
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Help with Rewire & Reason 2005/06/09 08:31:10 (permalink)
    Are you recording midi notes into a Sonar midi armed track (linked to play a Reason instrument) with Sonar being the selected window ?

If not, what are you actually doing and trying to achieve, more info and goal may give us some better ideas of what you have going wrong.

Yes.
    stratcat33511
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3636
    RE: Help with Rewire & Reason 2005/06/09 10:33:44 (permalink)
    Yesw please more info
    I rewire Sonar and reason all the time with no problems
    Maybe a bad audio cable ?
    More info please ( setup, cabling etc )
    studiodork
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: Help with Rewire & Reason 2005/06/09 11:28:37 (permalink)
    "Are you recording midi notes into a Sonar midi armed track (linked to play a Reason instrument) with Sonar being the selected window ?"

Yes this is what I am doing, I followed all instructions, and it seemed ready to go, and I hit play or record and SCREAM O RAMA is the result. I have two sound cards installed, the Q10 for my A/D and D/A, and a sound blaster live card for Midi, I run the SPDIF out of the SB card to the SPDIF in on the Q10, to hear my midi the setup seems to work great under all other conditions, I also have Sample Tank2 running (not at the same time as reason) and it works great. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, thanks in advance for any advice
    Jeff
    bermuda
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Help with Rewire & Reason 2005/06/09 11:54:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: studiodork

"Are you recording midi notes into a Sonar midi armed track (linked to play a Reason instrument) with Sonar being the selected window ?"

Yes this is what I am doing, I followed all instructions, and it seemed ready to go, and I hit play or record and SCREAM O RAMA is the result. I have two sound cards installed, the Q10 for my A/D and D/A, and a sound blaster live card for Midi, I run the SPDIF out of the SB card to the SPDIF in on the Q10, to hear my midi the setup seems to work great under all other conditions, I also have Sample Tank2 running (not at the same time as reason) and it works great. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, thanks in advance for any advice
    Jeff

Not sure how that set up would work...does thw aadvark not have midi...you could ditch the soundblaster completely

Are you using Asio drivers with two cards this could be the problem? Try WDM in Sonar

ALthough to be honest it really sounds like somekind of cycled feedback loop... Careful bye bye monitors ! I would suggest it is the way you have your soundcards configured in Sonar. Reason in Rewire mode would (Insert Rewire device in Sonar) use Sonar audio engine and drivers I believe.

Hopefully someone who uses an Aadvark and Reason Rewired may be able to spot the problem

Sorry can't help much more on this, change thread title to include aadvark, may get some more hits

Yes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1