Help with step sequencer/PRV and saving clips

Author
doclightXIX
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2013/01/21 19:20:09 (permalink)

Help with step sequencer/PRV and saving clips

Firstly, I am very new to this DAW so excuse my likely dumb-sounding question: I just want to figure out how to isolate clips that I create using the step sequencer/piano roll. In other words, I'm trying to make separate clips that aren't affected by me switching softsynths within a single track. Ex. I created a beat I like using the Roland Groove synth using the step sequencer. I want to change up the beat a bit however but I noticed what I do to one clip, I do to all of them in that track. I want to keep the first clip but create a second with my changes. Is there a way to create clips and save them so I can just drag and drop where I want them? I tried to just copy and paste but it doesn't solve this issue of changing everything in the track when I change up the beat. Like I said, this is definitely beginner stuff but I'll probably solve this a lot faster with some help. Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re:Help with step sequencer/PRV and saving clips 2013/01/21 19:52:29 (permalink)
    Your question is not unusual and i hope I am understanding it correctly. The key is to unlink the step sequencer clip. Go through the same process you already went through and then right click on the clip you want to make changes to and select "Unlink Step Sequencer Clips". Hope that helps
    doclightXIX
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:Help with step sequencer/PRV and saving clips 2013/01/21 20:23:44 (permalink)
    It helps a lot, thank you. The second part of this is that I cannot seem to find out how to create a new clip to add to the arrangement. So, I have unlinked the clips which is helpful when you want to extend the clip to replay the same pattern by dragging; I just don't know how to add an entirely new clip. Ex. http://i1.wp.com/img.yout...uVullmNfk/0.jpg?w=640. In this picture, if I wanted to add a new clip to track 1 after the first three clips, how do I do that? I want to be able to create a new clip, use the the softsynth step sequencer in it and repeat. Thanks again for the help.
    dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re:Help with step sequencer/PRV and saving clips 2013/01/21 22:10:20 (permalink)
    one way is to go to "views" and step sequencer and a new instance will appear
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1