Here's what's cool.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
RE: Here's what's cool. 2009/07/16 08:28:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: hairyjamie
Nothing new as yet unfortunately - in order to keep the peace most of my time has been taken up so far 'helping' my other half with things around the house

That IS admirable. And a warning.
My girlfriend is moving in with me at the end of August. I think I've got until Labour Day to become a rock star...

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
kev11111111111111
Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1772
RE: Here's what's cool. 2009/07/16 14:50:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Walker

I spend 15 hrs away from home @ the 'day-job.

Weekends have to wait till Mama and the young-uns are in bed to set up and be creative (with headphones)!

Play half the night, tear down, sleep till breakfast and watch Curious George.

Head out for garage/yard/honey-dos till dark. Repeat steps 1- 4. BUT!!!

Vacation is coming; first 3 days get garage/yard/etc caught up. Next 5 days: IN THE STUDIO.

Get out every instrument ( yeah, all 8 guitars, mandolin, etc), mics, cables, hook up, power up and
STAY that way for 5 days straight! I'm fired up and ready.

Can I get a witness? Can I get a hell yeah? I'm SOOOOO there.

Yeah enjoy it man !!!
ShiftingKevin
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 196
RE: Here's what's cool. 2009/07/17 13:17:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Walker

Hey Kevin, sounds like a great weekend (rain or shine) at your place. Of course you know I'll be interested in hearing something fresh from your studio soon.

On the Xavier XV-600; I'm pretty picky about spending my money- even on inexpensive guitars. After inspecting the first one, I found the neck PU was either routed or mounted
wrong. It was slightly misaligned and very noticable to me. The V and T pots were too low causing the knobs to scratch the finish. HOWEVER, I contacted them, explained, and arranged return postage for a replacement. I was not disappointed this time. I originally wanted it in red but it's not available with the 2 humbuckers and a maple fretboard. So I have the 'Monaco yellow', and have learned to love it. The pickups have a pretty strong output (Dream 180s -can't remember the resistance but its on the site) and have some warmth that none of my 'naked' humbuckers had. It serves as my Slimline Tele and definately gets the job done. Good case for cheap unless you tour a lot. Graphtech nut and string-thru body too. I love mine.

Well thank you - I can't wait to get more of the pre-production work done so I can move on to drum tracking and finalizing guitars for these six tracks I'm working on for the album!

I'd love to hear the Xavier sometime. I'm on a fairly tight budget these days, but the price of those guitars is ridiculously affordable. I think I may sell some of my odds and ends on eBay to help justify purchasing another guitar in my silly little mind, and then grab one of the 600's with the D180s, as well as the maple fretboard (I'm guessing it isn't a one-piece neck?). I think that would be a good all-around gigging guitar.
Walker
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: RE: Here's what's cool. 2009/07/25 01:32:47 (permalink)
Now that you mention it I believe it is a two piece neck. The frets are dressed out better that most.
I wanted to try one before I bought it, but I don't think it can be gotten from any retailers. I just knew I could always send it back for refund. I'm a long was from putting any of my songs up here, but it seems quite a few Xaviers are out there.  I've seen one used as somebody's forum avatar.

Sonar 8.5 PE, Dell Vostro 1500, 250G, 4G RAM, XP-SP3
E-MU 0404 USB, V-Amp Pro, Rane ME 15B EQ, Oxygen 61
'06 Fender USA Ash Strat, Ibanez RG370, ADC120, Vintage '84 Squire, Vintage Sigma, Xaviere XV600, Titan Jag, St. Blues FM IV... 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1