Hollywood Orchestra patches mysteriously get really muted and hard to hear?

Author
suihcteg
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2018/04/21 16:48:50 (permalink)

Hollywood Orchestra patches mysteriously get really muted and hard to hear?

I have multiple VSTs, both using Play and non-Play libraries. But Hollywood Orchestra becomes really faint and hard to hear: the volume drops significantly and it becomes muted as soon as I start playing a song in Cakewalk Sonar Platinum. As soon as I load the instruments, they sound punchy and full, but when I start playing the song, many of the Hollywood Orchestra patches suddenly become very muted (and if I try pounding the midi keyboard keys, it still sounds muted and quiet). If I reload the patch, it becomes punchy and loud again, only to become muted when I play the song in the DAW.

Symphonic Orchestra doesn't give me that problem, nor do the non-Play instruments. The only patches that I've found to do that are Hollywood Orchestra patches.

I have a Windows 10 PC using Sonar Platinum and 32GB of RAM. Any idea what's causing Hollywood Orchestra song to become so muted?

1 Reply Related Threads

retired_account
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re: Hollywood Orchestra patches mysteriously get really muted and hard to hear? 2018/04/21 17:25:45 (permalink)
    Check the mod wheel plus any CC automation you might be using. There used to be a 'Zero Controllers When Play Stops' option in in Prefs / Midi. If it's still there uncheck it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1