Home Studio 9 Help please :-)

Author
wannetta
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
2006/06/13 20:27:43 (permalink)

Home Studio 9 Help please :-)

Yeah, Old, I know, but I am expected to use Home Studio 9 at my church. I use Sonar Producer at home.

I cannot get it to bring up an audio track to record and that is what is needed. I can bring up an audio track to edit, but not record. It will only give me midi tracks.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The box says I can record several audio tracks with it. I believe the sound card is capable and we have input. Did I just not set something up right? I've been recording with Cakewalk for probalby 10 years and started with Cakewalk 3 or something and have a small studio at home - so I feel like an idiot.

They are not going to purchase any upgrades unless they really need to, and I need to prove to them that this program will not do what they need first. We plan to record the sermons - and I am in charge of showing them what they need to do or need to purchase - HA. The computer is plenty ready. But with what I am used to, I just can't seem to set anything up on this system of HS9. Can anyone help?

Wannetta

4 Replies Related Threads

jacktheexcynic
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3069
    RE: Home Studio 9 Help please :-) 2006/06/13 20:35:09 (permalink)
    no clue about home studio 9 but if all you are recording is a sermon and you succeed in getting rid of h.s. 9, i'd go with sound forge (maybe a "lite" version) because a preacher is a mono source. i'd just take whatever comes out of the church mixer and route it to the soundcard and hit record. for that matter you might find some free software which will let you do that and some basic editing.

if they want to record song service or special music that's another deal altogether, but for a speaker more than mono is really unnecessary.

- jack the ex-cynic
    yep
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4057
    RE: Home Studio 9 Help please :-) 2006/06/13 20:59:44 (permalink)
    Wanetta, can you assign inputs in HS? I'm not familliar with this software, but if we go one thing at a time, you can usually sort these things out pretty easy.

Cheers.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Home Studio 9 Help please :-) 2006/06/13 22:56:03 (permalink)
    Wannetta, I've never worked with HS9, but on the HS forum, there have been several folks there that have used it. I would try asking your question on that forum for the most exposure to the users of this software.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    wannetta
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: Home Studio 9 Help please :-) 2006/06/14 14:30:18 (permalink)
    gotcha - I also contacted Cakewalk directly and they gave me some pretty good pointers - thanks all.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1