Horrible Cursor Problem In Sonar X1

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Saintom
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1749
Re:Horrible Cursor Problem In Sonar X1 2011/01/05 03:45:12 (permalink)
Hello,
 Seeing how we are on the subject of the "smart tool", I for one really welcome this, it is almost, like the "Free Edit" tool in 8.XX which I used all of the time.

For those who have not upgraded to X1, use the "Free Edit" tool, this is very close to how the smart tool works in X1.

X1 is growing on me, and it is getting harder to go back to 8.5.3.. at least for me

T

(normally I sign out "Tom"... but I was in a rhyme and couldn't stop myself )

Sometimes we see the light, Sometimes we stare at the light, and wonder why it is so bright...
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 11326
Re:Horrible Cursor Problem In Sonar X1 2011/01/05 03:49:00 (permalink)
John

Its not suppose to need that. I don't see why its smart if it does.

Then I found out you CAN type S, but first you have to position the cursor in the lower part of the clip to determine the split point, then move it into the top part, then type S. Much more work than the previous method, and again, I thought "fail."

But...
then I found out that with the Smart Tool selected - which I am liking more and more all the time - you can "scissors" any time by holding down Alt. So you split, and then you're back in Smart Tool land. This is way better than the old way because you're not just kicked back into the cursor after splitting, you're back into the Smart Tool.

From the Anderton review.

I admit I used the wrong terms but my point is still valid that the Smart tool should not have a need to use a keybinding for it to work. In the above quote S is used but only if the tool is in a certain spot in the track.

It doesn't need the 'Alt' key either. I've just minimised a track, click in the top half to select the split point, select track by preferred method (click in bottom half is one way) press S = split clip.

Alt+click is quicker though.

Perhaps someone should start a thread to try and prevent the spread of mis-information...........
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1