How To Fix a Disappeared AudioSnap Palette

Author
TedDavid
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 61
2014/08/21 08:38:04 (permalink)

How To Fix a Disappeared AudioSnap Palette

Yesterday AudioSnap simply disappeared.  I tried opening other .cwp files: to no avail.  I shut down the computer and rebooted: no help.  Searching the web, I saw a number of posts on the topic, but no solutions.  So, I went to another machine that I don't use much anymore, but which still has Sonar on it, and I opened a file and brought up AudioSnap with no problem.  As a last-ditch effort, I decided to open the registry editor, "regedit" and search for "AudioSnap".  Finding it, I noted the key's sub-values.  Two specific sub-values were of interest: "LastX" and "LastY".

Next I returned to the other machine, opened regedit, and found the AudioSnap key.  Immediately it was obvious that the "LastX" and "LastY " were set to take the palette off-screen.  I modified them by right-clicking and selecting "modify".  I noted that the values I had copied were the hexadecimal values, so I selected that radio button and modified the two keys to the same values as on the older computer.  Then I exited regedit and opened Sonar.  The AudioSnap palette was once again visible.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that using regedit can harm your computer or render it inoperable.  So, if you have this problem with AudioSnap and don't know what you're doing with the registry editor, please find someone who does to help you.

TDinDC

3 Replies Related Threads

sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: How To Fix a Disappeared AudioSnap Palette 2014/08/21 11:17:42 (permalink)
    Or use Shift A

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

TedDavid
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 61
    Re: How To Fix a Disappeared AudioSnap Palette 2014/08/21 13:03:14 (permalink)
    Sock Monkey,

Shift A did not bring up the palette.  It only activated the markers on the selected track.  That was because I must have dragged the palette off-screen inadvertently.  Believe me, I tried Shift A numerous times, varying tracks, projects, et cetera, to no avail.  You can recreate my predicament easily: just open the registry editor, search for AudioSnap and set the "LastX" and "LastY" subkey values each to zero.  Poof!  its gone.  You can't do anything other than to set those registry values back to their previous values if you want to see the palette ever again.

TDSinDC

TDinDC
    Computer:
    ASUS Strriker Extreme MOBO, Pentium Quad Core 2.4GHz Processor, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, HD for recording: 10K RPM RAID Level 5 set, 300GB
    Interfaces: M-Audio Project Mix IO, MIDISport 4X4, novation ReMOTE 25 SL
    MIDI: Korg X5DR, Korg NX5R, Roland Handsonic10
    Audio: Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Yorkville NX55, Samson C-Control speaker control matrix.
    sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: How To Fix a Disappeared AudioSnap Palette 2014/08/21 16:22:33 (permalink)
    Check. Yes I've had things disappear on me re second monitor was not on. I just did that a week ago. Was going bananas,   Wave Lab dialog boxes would not open??? Turned on second monitor ant there they all was. 
    Anyhow, thanks for the handy tip, I tend to stay out of those dark corners but have been building my courage up over time.. 

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1