LockedHow are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
guitardog247
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1226
2010/08/12 16:05:50 (permalink)

How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave?

The wife is gone for the weekend. I'm going to put some beer on ice. Take my boys (sons) out for ice cream.

We had big plans to go camping. But with temps in the high 80's, with very bad humidity, and the worst mosquito season here in ten years (some say ever), I'm thinking not. Stay inside the central air, record some music.

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........

50 Replies Related Threads

dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 16:17:21 (permalink)
    Not dealing well! In Kansas City, we're on about our 5th day in a row with temps of 99-101 degrees, but heat indexes ranging from 110-115. Pretty miserable. Just been staying inside a lot and enjoying the excuse not to do lawn work!! Forecast is 101 for tomorrow but Saturday we're getting a break and it's only supposed to be 90.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 16:23:20 (permalink)
    Temps in the 80's...... that would be a cool down here too.... North Carolina.... we're used to the upper 90's and the high humidity..... 80's would be a nice day....

bugs are bad....  so we stay inside during the day.... unless like me you have to work and most of that outside.

But that's OK.... better than below normal temps like they are having in the southern hemisphere right now. People down there are literally freezing to death..... Argentina just recorded lower temps on their land area than in their territory in Antarctica...... go figure.... it's winter there and the temps are below normal.....
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/08/12 16:25:40

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Mooch4056
    Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7494
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 17:20:27 (permalink)

there is a heat index of 103 today - and a heat warning until 7pm Friday for the Chicago area

they have these heat warnings now because in the summer of 1995 many elderly people who lived alone with no air died in a heat wave that lasted several weeks 

so now we have all these heat warnings in the city - even when we dont need them probably cuz of all the law suites back then   (can we talk about the law suites that summer? naah ) 

as I said the current heat warning is until Friday at 7pm - but this time its  a warranted heat warning 

IT's HOT -  lucky I have air conditioning 
    post edited by Mooch4056 - 2010/08/12 17:22:45

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
    Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 17:31:43 (permalink)
    actual hi today here in north central texas is 102.  heat index is 110.  we MIGHT get down to 99 this weekend.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    marcos69
    Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4950
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 17:37:53 (permalink)
    guitardog247

...But with temps in the high 80's, with very bad humidity, and the worst mosquito season here in ten years (some say ever), I'm thinking not. Stay inside the central air, record some music.

That's a joke, right?  Seriously, that's winter conditions here in South Texas.  It's 100 degrees in the shade here.  And coastal humidity.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
    zungle
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2745
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 18:22:07 (permalink)
    Temps are pretty mild up here in the Puget Sound.....it was only 68 the other day ...............

Its gonna hit low 90's for a couple days coming up. That'll be warm for some of the fair weather locals. 

It will be big news story with drama , accompanied by  bunch of whining , as nobody up here knows squat about real heat.
    zungle
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2745
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 18:24:44 (permalink)
    Temperature here is 104 F. But it is not the heat wave that is killing people.. It's people killing people...EVERY day things like this. All sorts of styles, even crucifixions, like this one of 2 days ago:

WOW..........I could really have gone without that.................

I don't know if this was a serious reply.........

But you should consider taking down the pic.

Actually seriously take down the pic.............
    Beagle
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 18:29:19 (permalink)
    yeah, I agree with zungle, No Key.  that's no very "family friendly" for this forum.  let's not post execution pictures here.

NoKey
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 974
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 18:40:18 (permalink)
    It's a real picture from this hot area.

It's not from a movie as regularly shown in cinemas, or TV which people pay to see, and even give ratings to.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
    ericyeoman
    • Total Posts : 976
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:01:33 (permalink)
    It's a real picture from this hot area. It's not from a movie as regularly shown in cinemas, or TV which people pay to see, and even give ratings to.

That may be, but as Beagle pointed out it is not really a family friendly image.

Reported and lets let a moderator decide.

CuBase, Ableton, Steinberg UR-22 MKII, i7-4790K 4.00 Ghz, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Windows 10. 
    Mooch4056
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:15:40 (permalink)

I think it should be family friendly ....now that might mean deleting that execution picture....

as well as all meaningless unfunny posts by Bapu.....

but ...ehhh (shrugs)

yes ...family friendly  

NoKey
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:26:36 (permalink)
    There is a huge apetite for silly things, but this is reality here. And some people are not interested in anything outside of their comfort zone?

If reality is not family friendly, should we then abide in fantasy?

I suppose silly answers and silly pictures of how one is dealing with all kinds of heats would be OK. Then I'd be kidding you all.

I am actually sad to let you know how things are here. Knowing about these things can help getting rid of the problem and not let it arise in the first place.

Violence is the worst type of heat there can be. and censorship is not known to quench it.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
    Soundtrapper
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:28:57 (permalink)
    NoKey

It's a real picture from this hot area.

It's not from a movie as regularly shown in cinemas, or TV which people pay to see, and even give ratings to.

And these have been real people asking you to remove that photo.

Sonar 8.5.3
    Win 7 64 bit

Soundtrapper at Mixposure 

Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:35:23 (permalink)
    It's odd that we had one of the coldest/snowiest winters followed by one of the hottest summers.  Summer is, or at least used to be, my favorite season, but this has been a little tough to take.  I think this will be the first year I've ever looked forward to fall.  lol  (I don't like fall because it means winter's coming.)  But if it will at least get down to 90 I could get some yard work done without croaking!
    NoKey
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:35:37 (permalink)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would removing the photo do to real people?
    post edited by NoKey - 2010/08/12 19:37:02

Mooch4056
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:40:43 (permalink)
    NoKey

There is a huge apetite for silly things, but this is reality here. And some people are not interested in anything outside of their comfort zone?

If reality is not family friendly, should we then abide in fantasy?

I suppose silly answers and silly pictures of how one is dealing with all kinds of heats would be OK. Then I'd be kidding you all.

I am actually sad to let you know how things are here. Knowing about these things can help getting rid of the problem and not let it arise in the first place.

Violence is the worst type of heat there can be. and censorship is not known to quench it.

1. well maybe it's not going to good where you are. But I dunno where you are you never mentioned it.

2.No explanation to the picture - just an execution picture. Is it so hot there that people are committing executions?

3. Just glancing at the coffee house forum one can tell its mostly a bunch of musicians joking around with each other.

4. Occasional some of the people who have become friends will vent and or ask for help with personal issues - which is ok by any of us - but no one I know ever posted pics of death 

5. So if you want to vent and talk to someone about the real issues that are happening to you - do that - but it's pretty clear some people would rather not see the pictures and were offended - 

so you can disagree and leave the picture up - the forum moderators might eventually lock it - or take it down 

but ask yourself - you want to make friends here or be self righteous?

your call 

ericyeoman
    • Total Posts : 976
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:46:05 (permalink)

NoKey, I'll just repeat that we should let the moderators make their decision.

The complaint refers to whether a picture of exection victims reflects the
    tone of discourse that Cakewalk wants to set on these forums. If it doesn't,
    then I would expect them to remove it. If however they do decide that it is acceptable,
    then the picture can remain.

As I said, let them decide.

(You'll most likely be in luck, Cakewalks history of responding to my previous correspondances
    with them has been pretty lousy).

CuBase, Ableton, Steinberg UR-22 MKII, i7-4790K 4.00 Ghz, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Windows 10. 
    Soundtrapper
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:48:24 (permalink)
    NoKey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would removing it do to you? 

Sonar 8.5.3
    Win 7 64 bit

Soundtrapper at Mixposure 

NoKey
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:48:43 (permalink)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the above..

This actually relates to the heat wave.

A friend of mine was shot when he went to a nearby shop to buy an orange juice. That was five days ago.

The fruit-juice shop is empty since then.

NoKey
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:50:09 (permalink)
    Soundtrapper

NoKey

What would removing it do to you? 
    What did it being put do to you?

Mooch4056
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 19:55:14 (permalink)
    NoKey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the above..

A friend of mine was shot when he went to a nearby shop to buy an orange juice. That was five days ago.

dang  - well that's really harsh  - where are you from? 

dude  - you gotta talk to us with some detail - rather than just throwing up a picture like that...

if you want to talk about "reality" and issues on a serious note - then do it -- its fine - we all have issues and trials and tough things to deal with 

but putting up a picture like that - and in the picture post you mentioned  - its wasn't heat related 

explain - or start a new thread - and if some people are hurt about having death execution pictures thrown at them  - be respectful rather than defiant 

I assure you -- everyone would be supportive and talk to you about whatever reality you want....

I dunno man

your call  

Beagle
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:01:08 (permalink)
    just because it happened doesn't mean it's OK to post it here.  and just because we don't want to see it on this forum doesn't mean we want to put blinders on for what's happening in the world.  it's about what is acceptable for THIS forum.  and posting execution pictures on this forum is very poor taste.

NoKey
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:02:05 (permalink)
    Mooch4056

NoKey

None of the above..

dang  - well that's really harsh  - where are you from? 

dude  - you gotta talk to us with some detail - rather than just throwing up a picture like that...

if you want to talk about "reality" and issues on a serious note - then do it -- its fine - we all have issues and trials and tough things to deal with 

but putting up a picture like that - and in the picture post you mentioned  - its wasn't heat related 

explain - or start a new thread - and if some people are hurt about having death execution pictures thrown at them  - be respectful rather than defiant 

I assure you -- everyone would be supportive and talk to you about whatever reality you want....

I dunno man

your call  

Where do you see defiance?

I just posted my answer to the OP question.

NoKey
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:16:55 (permalink)
    Beagle

just because it happened doesn't mean it's OK to post it here.  and just because we don't want to see it on this forum doesn't mean we want to put blinders on for what's happening in the world.  it's about what is acceptable for THIS forum.  and posting execution pictures on this forum is very poor taste.

I wonder if you object to churches having similar images.

With due respect, I'll ask you if you also happen to object to those, or if you find that is in good taste, and OK for family viewing?

Mooch4056
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:28:27 (permalink)

Where do you see defiance?

the picture is still up after some people who were offended asked you nicely to remove it 

that's being defiant Mr Captain Obvious. 
    I am holding back and biting my tongue right now

you want it your way -- ok 

have it your way

and how has YOUR way been working out for you?

I am done with this thread 

seriously dude - good luck 

post edited by Mooch4056 - 2010/08/12 20:37:15

Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:29:05 (permalink)
    102 degrees in Vegas today. Going up to 106-108 over the weekend. 80 degrees and wet? Sounds like heavan.

Craig DuBuc
    DaveElson
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 350
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:33:41 (permalink)
    Take the picture down mate, it's not appropriate here.
    guitardog247
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 20:56:01 (permalink)
    Crg

102 degrees in Vegas today. Going up to 106-108 over the weekend. 80 degrees and wet? Sounds like heavan.

Dude, that's typical vegas in the summer, right? Dry heat out there is a cakewalk. Hey "cakewalk". ....LOL.

I've been out there and in parts of Texas where the heat is dry. You can still walk around with jeans and long sleeves and be fine in 90 plus weather.
    But those in humidity midwest, MO and what not, it's sooo oppressive. The coastal areas are also very humid. But they have oceans and daily afternoon thunderstorms.

Yeah, I know I'm complaining about 80's.  What a joke. Actually it's low 90's with heat index of high 90's. So for a place where it's winter most of the freakin' time, this is really bad for us.

Strange about Chicago, or maybe not, but they are only 2.5 hours away from me, and on Lake Michigan (very cold water). But they are way hot...

guitardog247
    Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:04:04 (permalink)
    And for Nokey - someone needs attention today......

Kind of reminds me......
    I accidentally posted Mick Jagger's daugther's picture here, and it showed her nipple.  I very quickly removed the link. The reason I didn't notice it in the picture, is she is quite thin and well, kind of small in that region....

Not to get off topic here.....

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1