Helpful ReplyHow can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2?

Author
gamemastermb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2016/06/23 10:40:43 (permalink)

How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2?

How can I convert TEXT events (viewable in event list ALT+4) to readable, printable LYRICS in Music Creator 2?  I have these nice neat text events that already line up perfectly with the melody notes, and they show (as lines) in the TRACK view but I can't copy them to paste under the notes. 

They don't show up in the staff view (ALT+7) at all.  I can't copy them from the event list view (ALT+4).

This is a downloaded file, so I don't know how they put the text events in to begin with.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/25 11:05:35 (permalink)
Welcome to the forum.
I don't know if actual lyrics are part of the MIDI standard, but events may be.
If the download was a .mid file, there may not be lyrics to display, because there are no lyrics in the MIDI standard. More research needed.
If the download was from a friend or collaborator using Cakewalk software, see if they can send you the project file, which will have the lyrics in it.
Have you tried the Lyrics view?

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
gamemastermb
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/26 08:52:35 (permalink)
Hi, Greg,
    Thanks for the reply!
   The TEXT events exist in their own track.  They are not viewable in the LYRIC view (ALT+8).  When you try, it just shows as totally blank. Any other track without lyrics that you view this way would show a bunch of hyphens equal to the number of note events in that track.
In the TRACKS view they show the same as lyrics would, which is little vertical lines for each syllable, perfectly lined up with the melody notes.  In the EVENT LIST view (ALT+4) they read in a list just like a normal track would except they are blue colored
and
in
a
stack
ex-
act-
ly
this.
   I have copied and pasted the TEXT track with the melody - no luck.  When I do, they will coexist in the track view the way lyrics do, but are still invisible in the (ALT+7) STAFF view, (readable notes with lyrics, like a lead sheet, is my final goal). 
   I cannot select the text only from its track list, when I lasso them it takes the whole table so I can't capture them to paste into a lyric view for the melody track.  I have assigned the TEXT track to a MIDI channel, also no help.
   I know that I could just read the words from the event list view and just type them out, or download and paste them then go through all the note by note hyphenation to make them fit, (a long and tedious process) but they are already placed perfectly, if I can just figure out how to get them readable.
   Any ideas with this more complete explanation I have given?
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/26 10:04:51 (permalink)
"The TEXT events exist in their own track"

But there are no notes in that track? The melody (MIDI data/notes) is on another track?
If that's the case, try selecting both the melody track and the text track and Bounce to Track(s). I believe in MC 2 that's under Edit.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/26 11:11:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2016/07/04 12:10:38
You can try http://www.gnmidi.com/ (I have not tried it, but that is the only software ever mentioned in respect to this problem).

May be I will try to write yet another useful free plug-in to do this inside Sonar, which no one will ever use...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
azslow3
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/26 13:09:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gamemastermb 2016/06/27 13:04:47
I have tried... with success.

So you can get it there: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,311.0.html (yet another my free useful Sonar plug-in which no one is going to use. Why it is free? why I have written it? I have no idea...)

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
gamemastermb
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/26 19:46:14 (permalink)
Right, Greg, there are no NOTE events in the TEXT track I am talking about.  The BOUNCE suggestion was something new for me to try, but it only works with AUDIO clips not MIDI clips.  Thanks for the idea, though.
gamemastermb
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/26 20:28:31 (permalink)
AZ, The GNMIDI does play the text, like a karaoke player, but will not do the type of conversion I am looking for.
And Norton wouldn't let me open the file from your link.  Danger, Will Robinson! 
Thanks for trying to help.
azslow3
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/27 04:11:35 (permalink)
gamemastermb
AZ, The GNMIDI does play the text, like a karaoke player, but will not do the type of conversion I am looking for.
And Norton wouldn't let me open the file from your link.  Danger, Will Robinson! 
Thanks for trying to help.

The installer is not signed (as most free software). That is a matter of trust. I normally trust someone who communicates with me more than any "big name", but that is up to your.

Are you ready to pay $300 for the solution? That is the money I will have to pay to Microsoft/Verisign just to avoid the "Danger" warning you see.

gamemastermb
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/27 08:37:02 (permalink)
Hi, AZ,
I don't understand the "signed" thing.  I appreciate the explanation, though. 
     Would the linked program work within Cakewalk Music Creator 2, or does it function totally independent of any other program, or does it have to be used in a SONAR program?  You mentioned that it was a SONAR plug-in. 
     (Forgive if these are elementary questions; I am a longtime player, but a real noob in this area).  I only have the Cakewalk program (and now I have GNMIDI also.)
azslow3
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/27 11:19:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gamemastermb 2016/06/27 13:05:16
gamemastermb
I don't understand the "signed" thing.  I appreciate the explanation, though. 

A bit offtopic, but I try to be short.
Security protection in computers is organized using Digital Certificates. That is a way to ensure that file/web site/email is what it is claimed to be. As with documents in paper form, that is done using "signatures". In practice, using chains of signatures. Some signature you should "trust" right at the beginning, that are so called "root certificates", delivered with Windows.  For example "that file is signed by AZSlow" (set by me) -> " the signature of AZSlow is valid, that statement is signed by Varisign" (set by Varisign) -> "the signature of Varisign is valid, I have it in my root certificates list" (Windows). That way, any program/file/web site/mail can be proved by a chain of authorities.

That works till some degree quite well, since in case the rule is strictly followed, any peace of software you download/install is coming from some source which is possible to find. Authorities are really checking that the person/organization exists and has real address. And in case that person/organization inject some "bad" software, its certificate can be "revoked" and users can start a process against that company. The signature is acceptable proof that the software is really coming form them. Till... the certificate is stolen (common case with viruses) or the software can not me proved to be bad (many cases with malware).

Real problem for developers is that such "signatures" are not free, f.e https://www.globalsign.co...e-signing-certificate/
For commercial software developer that is not a problem, but for individual free software developer that is questionable investment.

Would the linked program work within Cakewalk Music Creator 2, or does it function totally independent of any other program, or does it have to be used in a SONAR program?  You mentioned that it was a SONAR plug-in.

I do not know. I have failed to find any info about "Music Creator 2". Current "Music Creator 6/7" have common code base with Sonar. But many Cakewalk technologies are from early products.

My plug-ins is so called MIDI FX. That is MIDI variation of DirectX plug-ins, still used in Sonar. If in your Music Creator there are some MIDI processors, there is a big chance my plug-in will work. Sorry for the noise otherwise.

azslow3
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/27 11:57:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gamemastermb 2016/06/27 13:05:24
gamemastermb
     (Forgive if these are elementary questions; I am a longtime player, but a real noob in this area).  I only have the Cakewalk program (and now I have GNMIDI also.)

By the way, GNMIDI can do the conversion, at least that works with Sonar. I have just checked with demo.

* Open MIDI file in GNMIDI
* select "Convert/Karaoke to MIDI with lyrics", then "Cakewalk 4.0 ..." (you can try other, if not working with MC 2)
* save new MIDI file

Note that layout of resulting file can be different from original. Lyrics can be in other track (use "Event view" to find some "Lyrics" event and see its "Track"). Once you have that "MIDI clip with Lyrics", you can copy/paste it to the original file (better into the melody track).

If my plug-in can work in MC 2, you can probably achieve the same result faster. But the result is the same.

gamemastermb
Re: How can I convert TEXT events to readable LYRICS in MUsic Creator 2? 2016/06/27 12:04:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2016/07/04 12:11:29
AZ,
   You the man!  It worked perfectly.  Thank you very much for holding my hand through this dialog!

This is a very useful tool, and I appreciate you sharing it with me (and the world)

Mike

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1