How do I adjust DimPro controllers in PianoScroll View?

Author
Miasma
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2009/08/12 07:41:44 (permalink)

How do I adjust DimPro controllers in PianoScroll View?

I'm having a problem with adjusting DimPro's controllers in Sonar 6XLHS.  When I used to use my old external module (Roland JV-1010), I could go to the piano roll view and select "New Controller Type" and I'd be able to view a drop-down menu listing all the various controller types (expression, etc.) 

Now that I'm using DimPro instead of the old Roland, I no longer get that drop-down menu.  Well, technically, the drop-down menu is there, but there's nothing in it-- it's just a blank box.  I can manually type in the controller numbers to adjust them, but it's annoying not being able to select them the way I used to.  Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
Thanks as always for the help!  (sorry to come here always with questions and rarely with answers... I'm learning!)

4 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:How do I adjust DimPro controllers in PianoScroll View? 2009/08/13 11:28:14 (permalink)
    for the JV did you use an instrument definition file? just a thought?

I mean I was noticing this yesterday.. I'm messing about with synths to make presets for Kore 2.1.. so need to know the CC numbers.. dream station names the CC's in the event list... while DP just showed the number..

my guessing is that an instrument definition would help... maybe I'm along the right lines or not, and someone else can chime in.

Miasma
    Re:How do I adjust DimPro controllers in PianoScroll View? 2009/08/25 14:37:16 (permalink)
    I did use an instrument definition file for the JV... that's a good point.  I guess that's why the controller names showed up. 
    Hmmm... I wonder if there's a way to have an instrument definition file for DimPro?  If not, is there at least a comprehensive list of controllers for it?
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:How do I adjust DimPro controllers in PianoScroll View? 2009/08/25 22:01:19 (permalink)
    yep there is , in the manual..  some are hardwired.. like CC 10.. and errm 7...

and some are changeable

if you got it with sonar 8, it's a PDF file.

errm perhaps setup your controller to use ACT? and make it learn..

I thought the JV was just a rack unit, so what are you using keyboard / dial  / sliders wise..

I'm pretty sure you can send it a CC message, via the PRV.. but I use a nocturn.. maybe something that might interst you.. it'll control your VST's and it's good considering the cost
    post edited by Fog - 2009/08/25 22:05:33
    Miasma
    Re:How do I adjust DimPro controllers in PianoScroll View? 2009/08/26 11:58:17 (permalink)
    Oh, right-- I forgot about the DimPro manual!  I guess it would make sense for the controller list to be in there.... I'll check it out when I get home. 

And you're right, the JV is a rack unit.  I've been using M-Audio Oxygen 61 as my controller.  I have to read up on ACT and figure out how to use it.  I was looking at it the other day, actually, but didn't have time to really figure out how to make it work. 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1