How do I get act to map my M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard?

Author
Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
2008/07/13 11:31:00 (permalink)

How do I get act to map my M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard?

Hi everyone
I have been reading the Sonar 7 Power book oh how to get ACT to map my MIDI Triggering device...I think that this would be very useful.....However I am unable to make it happer....Here's the situation:
I have Sonar 7 Studio......I have an M-Audio Radium 49 Midi Triggering keyboard.....I am able to follow the instructions in the book (on page 562) under the paragraph "Set up the ACT Midi Controller"......then the next section "Create an ACT Preset" I get stumped right on the first step....this is due to the fact that the Radium is just a triggering device and has no factory presets......I have scanned the installation disk that came with the keyboard but do not see presets..... I am under the impression that this paticular keyboard HAS no presets because there are no internal sounds.......I can get the Act Midi controller dialog box to open and I can get the drop down box to open as well.....now there are M-Audio keyboards listed like the "oxagen" the "Axium" etc...but no Radium.....I have tried selecting these keyboards as well as others in hopes that they will map similar......but no luck.........I have tried the default option but it only lists 4 knobs and 4 sliders (the radium has 8 knobs and 8 sliders and three buttons as well as a mod and pitch wheel).....I have tried to select (on the dialog box) the open knobs and sliders and do a midi learn but no luck..............so...I am asking for help.......does any one know how to map my keyboard or do I need to go buy a different one?

thank you in advance for any and all help...
Cliff

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2

3 Replies Related Threads

Rothchild
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1479
    RE: How do I get act to map my M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard? 2008/07/13 12:18:44 (permalink)
    It's slightly more complicated than hitting the 'map' button, unfortunately, but there's a mine of good info in this thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=869336&mpage=1&key=Axiom%F3%94%8F%98

I think Mod Bod and Conley are the resident experts .

Child
    Truckermusic
    RE: How do I get act to map my M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard? 2008/07/13 12:59:51 (permalink)
    It's slightly more complicated than hitting the 'map' button, unfortunately

It always is!!! ....If something was that simple then tere would be somethig wrong..........However it gives us a chance to learn...

Thanks for the link ....I am going now...

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    RE: How do I get act to map my M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard? 2008/07/13 13:46:23 (permalink)
    After reading that thread I thik I'm just going to forget it for now..........my mind hurts from just reading
    Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob