Helpful ReplyHow do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??!

Author
TrevorD
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/09/27 12:35:49 (permalink)

How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??!

I had Sonar X1 running well for the last few years and just purchesed Sonar Home Studio. I was going to purchase the Pro edition, But I already had the instruments it offered. So I only really needed the basic upgrade. After I installed the trial of both versions I have been un-able to use my Paid for version of Pentagon I. Not real impresses at the hi-jacking, but I am sure this can be fixed. Headed to forum after not getting any responses from my "support requests". Would appreciate a fix to this so I can get back to making some music. Am being polite in asking also :)
Thanks ppl.
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/27 14:37:35 (permalink)
It seems like the demo versions are messing with you.

The easiest thing to do at this point would be to uninstall all Sonar versions first. 

Then install Sonar X1 and all the instruments.  Or you could install only the X1 plugins at this point, by selecting advanced install and checking only the plugins, but not the program and content, etc.

Then when you install Home Studio, it should pick up all of the plugins from the X1 install.  Good to go!

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
abacab
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/27 14:42:49 (permalink)
Normally you can install more than one version of Sonar side by side and they co-exist peacefully. 

I have X3 and Platinum installed, as well as the plugins from 8.5, X1 and X2.  Cakewalk plugins sometimes come and go from version to version, so it is useful to keep the old installers handy for the plugs!

synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/30 01:34:14 (permalink)
I liked Pentagon but, when I upgraded my DAW Pentagon no longer worked for me. I tried a couple of fixes but still no joy.

I can't for the life of me remember what the problem was but there is definitely a problem with Pentagon. I think, at one point, one of the fixes was to run Sonar in Admin mode but I got fed up with that.

In the end I dropped it but I was left with some older projects that I had to find a replacement for Pentagon.

One excellent synth, which is free and sounds as good, if not better than Pentagon is a VSTi called Cobalt. Well worth a look into

http://www.lesliesanford.com/vst/plugins/

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/30 01:47:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby synkrotron 2017/09/30 02:01:21
Starting with Vista, Pentagon requires running SONAR as administrator
OR
modify the registry. Users need full control over HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\rgc:audio software\DXi\Pentagon I. Here is an image showing the process in regedit:

TrevorD
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/30 03:41:47 (permalink)
I will try this last one scook and see what happens.
Yup! It works! Awesome. Thank you scook. Great tip/fix. That needs to be posted somewhere!

At the end of the day The newer versions of Sonar are so good. Don't get me wrong. I love the new features etc. I am probably more annoyed that I could have just bought the Professional version outright at a rediculously low upgrade offer. It was Pro with plugins I had - V - Home Studio and the B3 Organ + Rapture plugins that I didn't have. It will be some time before I get to now.

That aside, I think I did okay though. Will look at that link and synth freebie.
Again, Thanks ppl (happy again) :)
abacab
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/30 13:42:11 (permalink)
Since it was Pentagon you were interested in, I assume you wanted virtual analog sound.

Here are a couple of other great freebies to get that sound with!

U-he TyrellN6 - Roland Juno 60 VA emulation with good presets
https://www.u-he.com/cms/tyrelln6
Download link:
https://www.amazona.de/fr...synth-tyrell-n6-v3-03/

OB-Xd - Emulation of famous OB-X, OB-Xa and OB-8 synths with huge preset banks - Updated from v1.31 to v1.4 on 9 Jan 2017 - Added bank and skin browser (right click GUI / Command click on Mac)
https://obxd.wordpress.com/
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ob-xd---virtual-analog-synthesizer-by-discodsp

TrevorD
Re: How do I get my Sonar X1 Pentagon I, to install correctly PLease!!??! 2017/09/30 22:04:39 (permalink)
Definately love vintage synth. Have downloaded and installed both of these. They are going in both Sonar X1 and Home Studio. They are pretty cool. Just made some Cakewalk track icons for both of them already. Wanted to share them with you but it won't paste them here. I do like the OB-Xd. Has some nice sounds. But getting very attached to the TyrellN6 atm. Nice plugins.
Cool, Thank you. Very nice share.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1