How do I quantize Dimension Pro tracks?

Author
Miasma
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2008/12/02 08:55:29 (permalink)

How do I quantize Dimension Pro tracks?

I've been having an odd problem with DimPro. With my external modules, and even with other softsynths, I can use the regular Quantize feature in Home Studio without any problems. I simply record a track, highlight the section I want to quantize, and select the quantize option from the MIDI FX drop down menu. Works every time.

BUT, with Dimension Pro tracks, the quantize feature causes the notes to get cut off. Say, for example, I play a piano part using Dimension Pro. It sounds fine when I first record it. Then I try to quantize it, and suddenly it sounds very staccato, with each note getting chopped off. I've tried selecting and deselecting options like "Note Duration" from the quantize menu, but it makes no difference-- regardless of what I do, the notes get cut short. This makes it impossible to use Drum/Music Grooves (since they shut off after a beat or two), and impossible to play anything that's supposed to sound remotely smooth.

The only way I can get a quantized DimPro track to sound right is if I first record the part using another synth, quantize it, and then cut and paste it into a DimPro track. But surely there's a better way to do this! Anyone have any suggestions on how to properly quantize a DimPro track?
Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: How do I quantize Dimension Pro tracks? 2008/12/02 18:13:56 (permalink)
    does sound bizarre, I haven't had that problem. I don't have HS either.. you have the latest updates for that

remember it's a VST... the input from the sequencer is midi > vst plug... and the sound < sequencer (sonar HS in your case) . so it should work regardless of the plugin.. what about latency on your soundcard? if it's asio mode and say higher than hhm 26-28 then maybe thats the issue, not sure. just an idea.

are you running the latest updates also for DP? as for the short notes.. is it like at the end of a sequence? it might be to do with the clip and when that ends the audio stops. I just loop things so it doesn't stop abruptly when arranging, building a tune.

bmdaustin
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1114
    RE: How do I quantize Dimension Pro tracks? 2008/12/14 18:13:25 (permalink)
    What does the PRV look like? Are the notes overlapping? If so, use Process/Length to shorten them by a percentage.

Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    http://www.bakersjazzandmore.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1