LockedHow long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch???

Author
keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
2008/11/05 02:50:28 (permalink)

How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch???

<EOT>

6 Replies Related Threads

keith
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3882
    RE: How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch??? 2008/11/05 03:53:31 (permalink)
    After reading some of the charged political and sociological, uh, "discourse" in some other threads, I have decided rather than throwing my hat into that unsavory ring, I will respond to my own thread instead. I promise not to flame myself, but, indeed, you are free to flame me if the desire so arises.

In the debate of one candidate over another, or, as the case may be, "are we all doomed to the fire pits of hell now that Obama has been elected", I find it interesting that otherwise well-intentioned people can actually take sides. And by that I mean ask yourself: is situation A really better than situation B?

Along these lines I've established for myself a set of guidelines... or "rules of the thumb" you might say... by which I evaluate these times and situations. Feel free to accomodate these guidelines to your future purposes.

Guidelines for Election 2008

1.) Do not trust politicians, be they of the Democrat, Republican, or any other persuasion whatsoever.

2.) Politicians, in general, are self-serving, opportunistic individuals. They will tell you what you want to hear, and keep from you what they know you don't want to hear. Moral and ethical corruption is a refined art -- and a absolute requirement for any of the highest political offices of the land. (Also, see item #1)

3.) Powerful, self-serving, opportunistic, unethical, corrupt politicians have historically been "rich white guys".

4.) John McCain is a powerful, self-serving, corrupt politician that happens to be a "rich white guy". Per #s 1, 2, and 3: do not trust John McCain.

5.) Barack Obama is a powerful, self-serving, corrupt politician that just happens to be more "rich black guy" than "rich white guy". Per #s 1 & 2, and as an extension to #3: do not trust Barack Obama.

6.) Hillary Clinton is a powerful , self-serving, corrupt politician that just happens to be more "rich white girl" than "rich white guy". Per #s 1 & 2, and as an extension to #3: do not trust Hillary Clinton.

And so on and so forth...

So, in the year 2008 what have we learned? What have we accomplished in all this Red and Blue divisiveness?

I think it's clear: we've broken the "rich white guy" barrier of American politics. No longer must self-serving, powerful, corrupt, unethical politicians be "white" or even "guys"!

Ladies and gentlemen... a new horizon on the landscape that is the American Experience!

(p.s., I voted for Obama... so there )
    Tom F
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2749
    RE: How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch??? 2008/11/05 04:22:09 (permalink)
    thank god obama made it....
    while one could have various opinions about mc cain (good or bad) i am sure that sahra palin would have been one of the dumbest and most dangerous vicepresident ever - imo she wouldnt have been better than some fundamentalistic moron of the middle east...i have watched quite some interview with her and i am sure she has less competence than the average 20 year old i know....
    she just hasnt the the intellectual skills....in europe her dumbness is already a running gag...(i hope so in the us)
    so what a relief: no war criminal and a pseudo pageant dumby ruling the wolrd most powwerful country

...trying to be polite... quick temper...trying to be...
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch??? 2008/11/05 04:28:26 (permalink)
    He's not a patch on Bush

Which is great.
    altima_boy_2001
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2033
    RE: How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch??? 2008/11/05 04:40:50 (permalink)
    This election started 2 years ago today with my former governor being the first to enter the race and the first to leave. Longer election cycles seem to remove the ability "Swift Boat", but 2 years? Limit this circus to no more than a year. Taking your eye of the current president for 2 years to focus on who might be next is what's really scary to me....

Whoops...my identical thoughts on the election deserved a new thread or else my contribution may not be seen by everyone...

You can use me as your eSoundz referral (altima_boy_2001).
    Taylor_514C
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1215
    RE: How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch??? 2008/11/05 06:49:52 (permalink)
    Hey Keith - we need more like you in DC

Taylor_514CMy Music:

crash_3210
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 916
    RE: How long before we get Obama 1.0.1 patch??? 2008/11/05 07:52:18 (permalink)
    we'll see how that will outcome the problems of the Middle East...
    at least "I" will see...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1