Helpful ReplyHow many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
billshontz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2016/08/10 09:06:19 (permalink)
5 (1)

How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system?

I just missed 2 recording sessions in one day, because my updated Platinum program crashed and disappeared.  No phone to call for help (it said it was all booked up, try later) and there was no response to my email.  What do you think?
RSMCGUITAR
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1318
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/24 20:05:38 (permalink)
+3 (3)
I would never use it. I would always ask here first.
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/24 20:19:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I always called tech support as they are the closest to the people in the know. They were always very kind and helpful and could get me fixed right.

Some of the things I see suggested on the forum ranges from Great to Dangerous. While it is a nice pear-to-pear resource serious Sonar issues are best left to those in the Bakery.

I Do miss the Phone support and find myself using Sonar less these days because of it. I refuse to be stranded because I can't get the right support when/if issues arise.

It has been 5 months now and I would have expected better from Cakewalk in getting this support issue fixed.

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/24 20:49:50 (permalink)
+3 (3)
billshontz
I just missed 2 recording sessions in one day, because my updated Platinum program crashed and disappeared.  No phone to call for help (it said it was all booked up, try later) and there was no response to my email.  What do you think?

I think you should have posted in the SONAR forum, fully describing the situation so others could attempt to help.   That happens each and every day around these parts, so if help is what you need(ed) you should do what you can to get there. 

I completely understand why some are frustrated by the current situation, particularly when it's something that their peers can't help with (like registration).

Anyhow, since you asked...  personally, no, I'm not disappointed.  That's because I just haven't needed support so I just go by whatever I read in these forums.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/24 22:00:27 (permalink)
The only time I recall using support was during the change to SSO accounts.  I needed them to fix my licensing records as displayed in my account.  Every other problem I've had was resolved via the newsgroups or more recently the forums. 

I do empathize with those that really need direct support from Cake.  And I do feel grateful that my experience with PA and then Sonar has been so good.

Hopefully they will get ramped back up before too much down time accumulates.

In the mean time, give us a shot at helping to work through technical problems.  The collective knowledge and troubleshooting ability present in these forums is huge.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/25 10:38:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cakewalk Support has quite a load right now, from what I've read, but I can understand the frustration of the OP. When you're on a session and the problem is hitting you at 2AM (many times the case with me), even forum support might not readily be handy. However, it's still free to any customer that wants to call and chat.

But generally, that seems to be the problem. It's free to any request from licensed users. That's has it's ups and downs. One case on the phone might be dealing with a simple "How do I..?" when another caller is seeking support for a specific error message and crash. There seems to be no solution for priority in place. I've suggested in another post that it's probably time that CW deploy a pay-support solution, and a weighted interleaving case handling method for online and phone support.

Personally, I;d love to see 24/7 paid priority support. 8x5 Support might still be free, but paid cases get priority. Online cases to be handled 1 for every 3 calls, for example.

My understanding is they really are great. 'Great' comes in small numbers, and they routinely don't stick around once they realize they're winners. Support is a tough biz.

Cakewalk has responded to another thread apologizing for the lack of presence and the sheer workload they're under right now. So, rest assured, they are aware of this complaint.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/25 10:55:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm not for paying for support I've already paid for.

Cakewalk is aware there is an issue but all we are getting are excuses and promises. I sincerely believe if they wanted to get the phone support systems fixed, they could...

People that call for non-technical reasons should be directed to the online manual. The support page use to say for technical support only.

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
brconflict
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/25 11:40:59 (permalink)
rtucker55
I'm not for paying for support I've already paid for.

Cakewalk is aware there is an issue but all we are getting are excuses and promises. I sincerely believe if they wanted to get the phone support systems fixed, they could...

People that call for non-technical reasons should be directed to the online manual. The support page use to say for technical support only.

And you wouldn't have to. But you are now getting the "free" support you paid for, and it doesn't seem to satisfy. They could fix it, but then perhaps they couldn't offer Lifetime updates, or be able to implement the fixes and new features we also heavily demand. It's a balance with any company. But, I'm proposing a paid priority support to get ahead of the line, so that real problems by professional users can be dealt with faster. I'm also proposing that for every 3 phone calls, Support handles 1 online case, to at least keep them going.

I do agree that Support should certainly point out manual references or online videos to explain the RTFM issues. :)

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 337
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/25 11:47:00 (permalink)
Hey Folks,

I'm very sorry to hear that you all are having problems getting through to support. Our volume over the last few months has been staggering but we are committed to getting through all the cases that have been submitted and we are hoping to have this rectified as soon as possible. Please be patient with us as we work though this issue. In the mean time you may be able to find help through the SONAR forum.  

We appreciate your patience and hope to better serve you in the future.

Lance Riley
Product Manager
Pete Iverson
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/25 14:52:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby rtucker55 2016/08/25 16:29:17
+2 (2)
Let's be clear about what is happening here.  Cakewalk promises technical support.  Here is what they say:

"Our support team is here to help!  We provide a number of different resources to help you address support concerns but sometimes a real-life human is what you need.  We got (sic) you covered."

Also this:

"What is the Technical Support policy?

Cakewalk provides Technical Support to registered owners of selected products and products with an active membership."

Want more?

"Phone Support
Waiting on hold sucks. Now you don't have to. Cakewalk phone support is scheduled at your convenience. Simply pick an available time, tell us about the problem you're having and we'll give you a call to help you work it out."

One more example:

"Our support team is here to help! Please send us an email if there is something we can assist you with further."

Cakewalk does not deliver what it promises.  Now Cakewalk claims it has a business problem.  It's sold do darn much product that it can't keep up with the questions.  Some of us whose issues with timely technical support go back literally for years may be skeptical of this explanation but let's give Cakewalk the benefit of the doubt.   Here's the thing: it doesn't matter.  If Cakewalk is moving this much software then it can afford to adequately staff its support team.  The solution is not to turn its problem into my problem.

I view the representation made by Cakewalk regarding delivery of meaningful and timely technical support to induce to me purchase its software as part of the purchase contract between myself and Cakewalk.  If I were a PO'd user in the Boston area, I would be tempted to hire an attorney to bring a class action to require Cakewalk to provide it.

Pete Iverson
brconflict
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/26 20:50:21 (permalink)
Pete Iverson
Let's be clear about what is happening here.  Cakewalk promises technical support.  Here is what they say:

"Our support team is here to help!  We provide a number of different resources to help you address support concerns but sometimes a real-life human is what you need.  We got (sic) you covered."

Also this:

"What is the Technical Support policy?

Cakewalk provides Technical Support to registered owners of selected products and products with an active membership."

Want more?

"Phone Support
Waiting on hold sucks. Now you don't have to. Cakewalk phone support is scheduled at your convenience. Simply pick an available time, tell us about the problem you're having and we'll give you a call to help you work it out."

One more example:

"Our support team is here to help! Please send us an email if there is something we can assist you with further."

Cakewalk does not deliver what it promises.  Now Cakewalk claims it has a business problem.  It's sold do darn much product that it can't keep up with the questions.  Some of us whose issues with timely technical support go back literally for years may be skeptical of this explanation but let's give Cakewalk the benefit of the doubt.   Here's the thing: it doesn't matter.  If Cakewalk is moving this much software then it can afford to adequately staff its support team.  The solution is not to turn its problem into my problem.

I view the representation made by Cakewalk regarding delivery of meaningful and timely technical support to induce to me purchase its software as part of the purchase contract between myself and Cakewalk.  If I were a PO'd user in the Boston area, I would be tempted to hire an attorney to bring a class action to require Cakewalk to provide it.

Pete Iverson

I know this doesn't help your situation, but honestly, I don't believe Cakewalk would hope anyone calls. They've been working hard to hopefully minimize the issues we have so that they only need to help those with knowledge more than bugs or problems.

What's real, is that CW is not alone. And Sonar, Windows, PC hardware, and all of the disparate hardware/drivers are complex. More, with rolling the dice on making a Mac version, there's lots of work to be done, and they're likely training their Support staff to support that OS.

You get what you pay for, obviously, and I'd dare say Sonar is no exception. But if you compare what Sonar does today that it didn't do 10-15 years ago, for the price, they're doing pretty well.

If everyone called in to open/schedule a case, this would just wreck the process. Perhaps this is one of those times when there's a new issue causing lots of calls. Like insurance, they have to count on not everyone will have problems all at once. They don't even have enough phone lines for that. Nobody does, really. However, when they're swamped, they have to weather it, good or bad, and learn from it through feedback in all forms.

If you legitimately have a case open and are not getting Support as you'd expected, that's something of concern and perhaps your complaint of promise is legitimate. If only your perception is that CW has awful support based on what others are saying, you may not have a clear picture of the number of cases being handled this week. You may not even know if others complaining have been helped already, even as late as today.

I don't disagree that the Support will need review on how to improve. But when it's free or baked into the product, to me that's no different than a bug in the software that was unexpected, and the company will work to improve or correct those problems so that you get the performance and support you were promised. If you paid extra for priority support (if it were offered) and the SLA's weren't met, you'd have a real complaint with some credits to be dealt.

Long story short. Promised are kept until they are unfortunately not able to be kept. Growing pains. Rest assured, Cakewalk likely won't just leave that as unfulfilled very long.

Brian

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/27 02:41:14 (permalink)
-1 (1)
To the OP - couldn't you have rolled back to the prior version, which only takes a few minutes?

Further, why didn't/don't you post the specifics of whatever the issue(s) were, in the off-chance there is an easy resolution that the folks in the forums could help you with?

I am not taking sides with the support issue, and I also fervently hope Cakewalk is able to ramp up and catch up on the massive backlog.  Additionally, I feel for your frustration with the support backlog.

The other side of that is that you could have posted details and asked for help from the forum, but did not, and you could have yourself performed a rollback to the July version, but you did not.  Is it also possible that whatever occurred to cause a crash for you be related to Windows maintenance, or drivers, or interference from some other application?  Perhaps a 32-bit plugin going belly up in a 64-bit Sonar?  Without posting your details, who knows what actually caused your crash?

I recomend you DO post your details on the crash, and that you see if the forum folks can hep figure out what happened, and also recommend that you consider doing a roll back to the prior version of Platinum, for now, so that you can continue to run your recording sessions.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/27 07:10:25 (permalink)
-2 (2)
There is no question this is going to be taken wrong by the "I'm not getting what I paid for" folks, but like many who have tuned in here, I have rarely needed technical support- and have been fortunate to have been helped effectively on those (1 or 2) occasions. I've got a lot of help on these forums. There are some extremely talented, knowledgeable and generous users right here in our midst who don't always get the thanks, respect and recognition they deserve.
I suspect there are a great many callers who are not entitled to support (old products, demo versions, product inquiries) attempting to get it, along with those with problems which could easily and effectively be better resolved on the forum. Also I am sure the problem is magnified by the inevitable pot stirrers who just seem to want to create controversy by joining and creating new threads about the problem. 
All this is just to recommend and encourage patience while Cake gets their support infrastructure in place, and to encourage those with problems to reach out to the forum-ites for help - provide as much information as you can, be as clear as you can. 
I honestly think this is temporary and Cake will get this resolved.
(BTW I second Brconflict's recommendation for a two tier (paid and free) solution to service both needs. But opinions are like.... well.... ya...)

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/28 19:34:30 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Pete Iverson

Pete Iverson

I checked your cases and you have exactly one case which I just replied to. Step record being open causes the num pad keys to be captured by that view. In the big scheme its a small bug that nobody else has reported yet.
Irrespective of the current situation in the past a bug like that might take months or even years to get looked at just because the severity is so low and there is a super simple workaround (close the step record window). This would apply to any other software company not just Cakewalk.

The way we work today this issue is actually much more likely to get fixed faster since we do monthly updates.
Anyway your case has been logged and will be reviewed.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Pete Iverson
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/29 12:53:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi Noel:

Thanks for your response. 

I would like to impose on your time for just one more thought.  I get the sense that you feel I am nitpicking the product or complaining about trivialities.  I don't have time for that and I'm sure you don't either.  Perhaps these features are not a big deal to you but they are to your marketing department.  If I were to summarize the main thrust of the Sonar sales campaign it would be this: "The software gets out of the way of the creative process."  Or, even better, to quote the source: "The creative experience only SONAR offers: advanced technology, effortless workflow, and an interface that amplifies inspiration."

Perspective: I have used Sonar to write music almost every day since 2004.  The bugs that I have complained about disrupt functionalities that have been present in Sonar since at least 2004 and that I have used almost every time I have used Sonar.  In other words, I have 12 years of habitual workflow behavior that I now have to change, at least until the issue is resolved.  Habits being what they are, I still find myself - two months after upgrading to Platinum - trying to edit data the way I always have only to have to go back and redo the edits.  (And please don't discount the hour or so of workflow and creativity lost the first time I encountered the issue: am I doing something wrong? has Platinum changed? is my file corrupt?  do I just need to restart the software? reboot the computer?  is it a bug?  is there a workaround?)  Now multiply all that by 3 for the two other issues of lost functionality that I've encountered (one acknowledged by Seth as a bug, the other I'll be posting on the forum later today).

I know how easy it is to lose perspective - I know were thinking that I had probably lost mine; if so, I hope these remarks give some insight (and weight!) to my concerns.  I also hope - and I know this is going to sound like I'm lecturing; I don't intend it to; I just need to get it off my chest - that you will be more circumspect about substituting your perspective regarding the severity of a bug or the convenience of a work around for that of the user.  

Ok, I am now off my high horse.

//p

Kev999
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3922
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/29 21:18:00 (permalink)
-3 (3)
Support via telephone is the worst option, for the following reasons:
  • Solving a problem usually takes longer than the time you would want to spend on the phone.
  • Sonar users can be anywhere in the world. Phoning the USA might not be convenient or affordable.
  • A support person can only deal with one caller at a time on the phone, whereas he/she could juggle several enquirers over the web.
I don't see why CW even needs to provide telephone support. Online support is far superior (assuming that it is provided 24/7 and fast response).

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
Having fun at work lately
Cakewalk Staff
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/29 23:24:37 (permalink)
Pete Iverson
Hi Noel:

I would like to impose on your time for just one more thought.  I get the sense that you feel I am nitpicking the product or complaining about trivialities.  I don't have time for that and I'm sure you don't either.  Perhaps these features are not a big deal to you but they are to your marketing department.  If I were to summarize the main thrust of the Sonar sales campaign it would be this: "The software gets out of the way of the creative process."  Or, even better, to quote the source: "The creative experience only SONAR offers: advanced technology, effortless workflow, and an interface that amplifies inspiration."

//p

I didn't mean to imply it was trivial - just that the severity is lower than another bug that might lead to data loss or a broken feature. Talking about attorneys and such in the context of this seemed a bit over the top however <g>

Workflow is all the more important to us these days and we take regressions in the software seriously. Its been logged and will be investigated soon.
post edited by Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] - 2016/08/29 23:47:43

Noel Borthwick
Pete Iverson
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/30 16:41:40 (permalink)
Hi Noel:  I totally agree.

thx

//p
Roblaze
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/30 21:37:17 (permalink)
I just got the new Lifetime Updates and installed the new 2016.08 update. After installation, Sonar Platinum crashes to Window's 10 Fault Reporter (what a joke). I contacted Cakewalk tech support, which no longer exists.

If I was in the middle of a project, I'd be screwed. The band would probably be walking out the door and I'd be discredited. 

It's not the lack of tech support. It's the software engineers racing to launch the rolling updates out without performing enough testing. Pure and simple. This is the same thing that's going on with Microsoft. And who's to say...maybe Microsoft's "automatic updates" are conflicting with Cakewalk's updates. 

Someone HELP get this issue straight!!!
Korgman
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/08/31 13:43:34 (permalink)
I emailed support in July and have had no response.  I used the new convenient phone call back last week and still nothing.  There is no support anymore.
brconflict
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/09/07 11:42:45 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
Hey Folks,

I'm very sorry to hear that you all are having problems getting through to support. Our volume over the last few months has been staggering but we are committed to getting through all the cases that have been submitted and we are hoping to have this rectified as soon as possible. Please be patient with us as we work though this issue. In the mean time you may be able to find help through the SONAR forum.  

Lance, is there any news on this issue? Once you've addressed the issue with an explanation, anyone watching this would be curious as to an expected escalation or temperature of the situation.  Thanks in advance!!

Brian

GSonarPro
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/09/08 14:58:15 (permalink)
Hi Cakewalk Support. I am struggling with Sonar Platinum freezes up mainly, and other oddities, after the most recent update for Sonar Platinum. I am at the beginning of a project so I hope my request for support will be addressed very soon. I opened a ticket on 9/4 still no response. I have tried the forums, knowledge and update ever driver in the books... still not functioning with the same rock solid performance I have been accustom to with Cakewalk. User since Cakewalk 3.0 (not Sonar) 
post edited by GSonarPro - 2016/09/08 15:20:36
Music Blues
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/09/16 09:17:41 (permalink)
I have not had any issues with Sonar Platinum working as of yet.  I am having issues with command center downloads.  I have gotten about half the downloads done.  They usually start and freeze anywhere from 29 to 89%.  I have no other issues downloading from other sites or vendors.  I assume this is their servers being overloaded.  This has been going on with me for about a month.  Anyone else having this type of issue?
brconflict
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/09/16 09:42:34 (permalink)
Music Blues
I have not had any issues with Sonar Platinum working as of yet.  I am having issues with command center downloads.  I have gotten about half the downloads done.  They usually start and freeze anywhere from 29 to 89%.  I have no other issues downloading from other sites or vendors.  I assume this is their servers being overloaded.  This has been going on with me for about a month.  Anyone else having this type of issue?

For the freezes, try closing everything else on your machine and leave the Command Center as the active window until the download completes. I find that going to other windows while downloading in Command Center causes it to freeze, or at least puts it at more risk of freezing. Command Center seems to lack keep-alive and/or recovery technology.

Brian

Mosvalve
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/09/16 16:30:34 (permalink)
I recently had an issue where none of my projects would open. I opened a case with support hoping I would hear from them. Luckily I figured out what was causing the issue and the help I received from forum members was great as usual. Having fixed the problem I sent support an email telling them the issue was fixed and to close the case. I wasn't expecting a reply but low and behold I received one saying glad you resolved it. I thought to my self interesting that someone from support responded so fast when I resolve my issue but never responded while I had my issue. Not even to say you in the queue. I hope they get support back on track for their sake.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
brconflict
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/09/19 12:48:59 (permalink)
Mosvalve
I recently had an issue where none of my projects would open. I opened a case with support hoping I would hear from them. Luckily I figured out what was causing the issue and the help I received from forum members was great as usual. Having fixed the problem I sent support an email telling them the issue was fixed and to close the case. I wasn't expecting a reply but low and behold I received one saying glad you resolved it. I thought to my self interesting that someone from support responded so fast when I resolve my issue but never responded while I had my issue. Not even to say you in the queue. I hope they get support back on track for their sake.

It could be they have someone simply monitoring the ticket system and performing some initial communications, or followups only.

Brian

kickstart
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/10/01 10:36:45 (permalink)
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
Hey Folks,

I'm very sorry to hear that you all are having problems getting through to support. Our volume over the last few months has been staggering but we are committed to getting through all the cases that have been submitted and we are hoping to have this rectified as soon as possible. Please be patient with us as we work though this issue. In the mean time you may be able to find help through the  forum.  

Hi Lance
Sadly I need to add my voice to the growing number of folks who are not getting tech support within a reasonable period.  I raised an issue by e-mail and it was eventually picked up by Willy Jones.  That was way back at the beginning of June.  We exchanged a couple of e-mails to clarify the problem, then it went quiet.  Mid August I e-mailed Jimmy Landry and he was able to replicate the problem but had to pass it back to the tech support guys again.  Now it's into October and I'm still waiting.

Just for the record my case number is 319050.

I can only hope that support gets going again soon.  If an issue raised at the beginning of June is still waiting, I hate to think how many more folks are also waiting for support.

Robert
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/10/01 12:44:28 (permalink)
I recall pointing at, Update plan, and support policy posted before the yearly pay program was proposed to us, of their wanting to do.

It was empolyed...And I asked about Support..and remote control help through internet  for that now employed fee...to setup, and or correct issues that have arisen, and will seeming continue to do so.

We are not all Coders...and we rely on MS and the Apps we buy and pay for to do their homework to gain our support also...in buying to use.

If it is not possible to use, on system specified by the seller, it works under, in terms of its function, or functions stated it does do..if that system complies to the specified system spec...Then something is wrong with that policy!

Again what are we agreed to...as Policy..is also on the outside of the boxed Product!!! to use, you need this basic, or above for it to work, as it states it does do, if paid for.

Now if it does not do as said....Is it the people who use it, to fix it?...no!..not by policy!

And as a industry or production house needs it, if it buys it, to produce Products for sale...The terms and policies of employing it, to make it work as said Must be forthcoming, if it does not work as stated outside the box we see first, or as to the agreement when installing it....It has to comply both.

Now...Do they have phone lines to help?...Yes!
Do they do the fixing if hanging on hold?...No.
Do they bring to the user a way, for a higher up who knows systems and setting up the product properly, to address the users who do sign that agreement?.

That is where we are left in the dust.....eh?...and people and work put on hold..until some bright kid, comes out with tweaks no one wants you to do...And it can help...but , do we have to undo those tweaks once done, when updating?.

So many variables...on off...yes no...service on, services off...and then those which cannot be either..and such hidden.

So, to go into the codex and change things...is fiddling if USER does recode the App.
Thus it is up to the bakers to find out what is causing the issues with it's supporters whom are the USERS.

Why is it up to users to fix, what is not their problems to fix....Is it nature of the Good swill in some coming out to save Face and Grace...trying to make it work for them.

I hope, some of that is a blessing...But sometimes, it has not shown to always be able to solve for...As not all machines have the same Products put on...as third party...and not all of the same things are flawless in the designed run of manufacturing of Products, in electronics...So a + and - % of voltages and resistance, of variances seems to apply also. 

Not sure what would make a program just vanish...perhaps a virus?.

Yet, I am sure...with the access to the system by a pro tech, via remote viewing said systems of trouble, would help many get up and running...with proper setups and tweaks by such a support method...or help them see, what is the cause of some, yet not others...and find solutions for...specific and or odd occurrence  of flaws in said specs or agreements or use there of...paid for!

Here we see he cannot use...so..how can he use what he paid for?..is not up to other users persay!...it is policy!

Right?...But we do thank all who help us...who are not so smart to know, what works, and what does not work...and what can be used...via trial and error, and what cannot be used with, or on, or installed along side.

Now that is some data base!

We all have to understand...is here!...but, it does not all apply to all users differing setups....and so cracks to befall some, sometimes makes worse instead of better...in some cases because of those very small variables!, and constant updates that sabotage em or make them better, yet cause the tweaks to go astray!.

Frustration is the face of many!

But, thanks to the users, we do find it employed fun..to solve for x!

Now I tried to say to the Cake Bakers...They need some people to develop a OS that is only for...Work.

Korg has something in their line of Keyboard Kronos....Limited only by...and only for one thing!....And it works..eh?...Tie the cake to the custard!...or use whipped cream....and That all would find a better Environment to do, employ, and make good things...and it to work....Poperly....Ah...now how many tried the Avid idea...But they did not finish the development of a full system, with its own OS.....it was pondered by Atari...and Lunix type was BeOS...who crapped that?

Exclusivity for one or two or more setups.via boot choice and setup for....of the OS was XP...That is where many will find the bliss they seek in stability or closer towards.
And turn off the auto ...leave that up to the User and with help from those involved to setup....RIGHT.

post edited by Sir Les - 2016/10/01 14:17:18

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/10/01 14:29:17 (permalink)
Here are more ponderings to those users of DAWs.

Make a exclusive Boot drive for one DAW, and the os, set up, and access to IRQ assignments again, Lock it down to, and or unlock, to move or change, and one setup for the device managements......and a backup of, or clone, when setup fully with all plugs and device drivers and DAW working.

Make another boot drive for another internet and audio...main all , for plain use with...another setup of just the onboard, and such..or ..even another...and just boot into the desired setup.

This should resolve over writings of codex and drivers or registry of....the working setup!

No more auto update services, that cannot be defeated in boot up, because it was defeated settings in Bois, who/how does one send reports?....
And sharing error codes...not just sent auto, but by incidence ...to..X...If one defeats Internet, because it is unsafe to use..if hacking and cracking is tied to a system, or is in the system because of Internet hackers...or trogen, or spy ware spooling and sending....Best to find another way to send those reports out of...THAT KIND OF SYSTEM SETUP!

Are we listening?

post edited by Sir Les - 2016/10/01 15:03:51

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Cakewalk Staff
Re: How many out there are REALLY disappointed with the new (no) support system? 2016/10/01 15:36:59 (permalink)
kickstart
Hi Lance
Sadly I need to add my voice to the growing number of folks who are not getting tech support within a reasonable period.  I raised an issue by e-mail and it was eventually picked up by Willy Jones.  That was way back at the beginning of June.  We exchanged a couple of e-mails to clarify the problem, then it went quiet.  Mid August I e-mailed Jimmy Landry and he was able to replicate the problem but had to pass it back to the tech support guys again.  Now it's into October and I'm still waiting.

Just for the record my case number is 319050.

I can only hope that support gets going again soon.  If an issue raised at the beginning of June is still waiting, I hate to think how many more folks are also waiting for support.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Technically your case isn't a bug but its really closer to a change request. So it isn't something support would have been able to resolve for you anyway. This issue has to do with "always on top" behavior in Windows. Pinning plugins has nothing to do with the topmost behavior of windows - all pinning does is mark a plugin window so that it is NOT recycled. i.e it is left open when you click on other plugins in the rack.

The Console View is a floating window and marked to be topmost in the z-order. The same applies to Plugin Windows. The problem is when you have two windows marked as topmost, the behavior is undefined. We have plans to enhance this behavior in a future update by special casing plugin windows to take precedence in our Skylight UI, but this is not necessarily a trivial change. We need to define and design the behavior of such windows in skylight so that this doesn't expose other unwanted problems. Anyway it is scheduled for review for a future update...

Noel Borthwick
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1