Helpful ReplyHow many registry entries does NI have???

Author
burgerproduction
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 209
2018/05/30 08:58:18 (permalink)

How many registry entries does NI have???

So, I've been cleaning old music software off of my old laptop, but when it comes to Native Instruments the registry entries are endless. Uninstalling the program doesn't get rid of them automatically, so I'm doing it by hand, and they are never ending.
I haven't seen so many hidden reg entries since I cleaned some old Creative Zen bloatware from an XP laptop....that took days.
Why don't these companies give you the option to completely clean your system of all entries as a matter of policy? 

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum Lifetimer, Windows 10, HP Laptop, CPU i5, RAM 8GB. Audio interface: Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface with moded drivers. Microphones: Audio-Technica, M-Audio, Behringer, AKG. Pianos: Casio digital, Yamaha B1 upright.  Guitars: Dobro, Tanglewood, Danelectro, Fender. Hats: Fez
Check out my music :
https://53mph.bandcamp.com/album/like-water-to-the-sand

TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: How many registry entries does NI have??? 2018/05/30 21:27:32 (permalink)
>How many registry entries does NI have???
Billions...
Your grandchildren will be manually deleting entries...

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
bsantini99
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: How many registry entries does NI have??? 2018/05/31 15:27:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby burgerproduction 2018/06/01 11:19:45
burgerproduction
Why don't these companies give you the option to completely clean your system of all entries as a matter of policy?

Because they don't want you reinstalling and continuing to use it in the time limited demo mode that most companies offer. Also, if you uninstall and install later, it helps maintain your settings and file location pointers. It is ironic though since NI stuff is some of the most pirated stuff out there. So, all their registry entries do absolutely nothing to protect them in that regard.
TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: How many registry entries does NI have??? 2018/06/02 04:46:52 (permalink)
burgerproduction

Time / Money
Paying programmers to code modules & installers earns money.
Coding an intelligent uninstaller doesn't.
Most of the uninstallers out there just use canned technology that comes in the box with their installation packaging software.  These work fine if you've got a simple program or a small product line but not so well with a products (or suites of products)  that share lots modules, dlls, etc.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1