How to make Dimension and Rapture Banks available in Rapture Session?

Author
Aksuaho
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 68
2017/06/03 10:03:06 (permalink)

How to make Dimension and Rapture Banks available in Rapture Session?

Hi!
Does anyone know why at my computer at home in Rapture Session the two Dimension and Rapture Sounds are available in the bank section, but at the computer at the studio I work there is only the Rapture Session Content available. Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

Aksuaho
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 68
    Re: How to make Dimension and Rapture Banks available in Rapture Session? 2017/06/03 10:07:33 (permalink)
    I answer myself because I found out. In case anyone else has the same problem. You have to install both Dimension and Rapture, then re-install Rapture Pro / Rapture Session. Then you have access to both libraries. I also work with Pro Tools, and in case I need some Dimension or Rapture Sounds I can use them by hosting Rapture Session, thanks Cakewalk provided it with AAX, nice move ;)
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: How to make Dimension and Rapture Banks available in Rapture Session? 2017/06/03 23:00:44 (permalink)
    Rapture Session sure makes a nice patch browser for the classic Dimension Pro and Rapture presets!

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: How to make Dimension and Rapture Banks available in Rapture Session? 2017/06/04 03:56:21 (permalink)
    Aksuaho
    You have to install both Dimension and Rapture, then re-install Rapture Pro / Rapture Session.

It is possible to get DPro or Rapture programs into Rapture Pro/Session regardless of the installation order. All the RPro/Session installer does is copy
    C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs to C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Dimension Pro (legacy)
    and
    C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs to C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)

Note: ProgramData is a hidden folder. If RPro/Session are installed before DPro or Rapture, manually copying the program folders works too.

The copy process is a one-time event that happens during installation. There is no automatic process to sync the program folders. Any programs created in the legacy synths after the RPro/Session install will not appear in the RPro/Session until their are manually copied from ProgramData.

IIRC, this is why all the new installers for DPro and Rapture seem not to work. Instead of placing their programs in the legacy paths or both legacy and RPro/Session paths, the installers place programs in the RPro/Session path only. To get the programs in the legacy paths requires copying them from the RPro/Session path.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1