Humatic TouchDAW mnet / MIDIHub prevents Cakewalk/Sonar from loading

Author
zvsmedia
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2018/06/07 01:52:41 (permalink)

Humatic TouchDAW mnet / MIDIHub prevents Cakewalk/Sonar from loading

Today I've been using the TouchDAW controller surface app which connects to Cakewalk/Sonar through a third program that turns network traffic into MIDI. I have rtpMIDI working at the moment, but had been using mnet/MIDIHub () which was really slick in that it only needed to be configured once.

However, after a few hours I got a little crazy with tapping on the time display (on my phone) a bit too vigorously which caused something in the Sonar engine to hang for a second (BUZZ) then crash along with the rest of the program. Now Sonar won't load at all with mnet/MIDIhub installed. It's working fine with rtpMIDI though (if it set itself up automatically I wouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot; I'd prefer not to add another step to my workload).

Troubleshooting so far: I've uninstalled and reinstalled mnet. I've also finally installed the BandLab version of Cakewalk; same issue. I've poured through .ini files with no references to mnet. (Sonar/Cakewalk work fine when mnet is uninstalled.)

Is there a log I can open to see why Sonar gives up on loading? It's like there's a config entry somewhere that's telling Cakewalk not to load while mnet is present.

I know mnet is old but it made for a much faster workload. Any suggestions or alternatives to rtpMIDI that would give similar unattended functionality?

Thanks!
post edited by zvsmedia - 2018/06/07 07:21:33

1 Reply Related Threads

msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: Humatic TouchDAW mnet / MIDIHub prevents Cakewalk/Sonar from loading 2018/06/07 18:07:24 (permalink)
    I suspect a MIDI feedback loop is occurring in mnet somehow, which is what is causing the crash.

I'm not familiar with mnet though, but that's my suspicion.

Just scanned through the mnet docs, and there's a "mDNS Loopback" setting. It refers to other rtp hosts running - is it possible rtpMidi could be interfering with it?

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1