I Have Two Questions

Author
IDLERACER
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2005/06/11 04:04:58 (permalink)

I Have Two Questions

For the last five years, I have been a Cakewalk Express Gold user, and it has suited my purposes. I mainly step-record MIDIs, and it has just about everything a person needs to do that. There are only two reasons I can think of for upgrading to Music Creator. One of them is the fact that you can edit more than one track at a time in the piano roll view (I noticed all the different colored lines in the illustration on this website). The other reason, (and here's where my first question comes in), would be if I were able to manually set the amount of ticks per quarter note. Cakewalk Express Gold, has it permanently set at 120. I'd like to be able to adjust it down to 48. Can this be done with Music Creator? There's nothing on this website that would indicate a yes or no answer to this question.

My second question is: What exactly is the difference between Music Creator, and Home Studio? I've noticed that the latter is a good $60 more expensive than the former, and I'm curious to know what that extra money buys. Also, can the amount of ticks per note be adjusted in Home Studio?

4 Replies Related Threads

TGRANT
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: I Have Two Questions 2005/06/11 11:36:28 (permalink)
    Answer to first question: go into options, project, then select the tick per quarter note.
    I can't answer the second one.
    TGRANT
    RE: I Have Two Questions 2005/06/11 11:37:56 (permalink)
    Sorry I skipped a step. Select the clock tab after project.
    IDLERACER
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: I Have Two Questions 2005/06/11 11:56:50 (permalink)
    That's just it. With Cakewalk Express, there is no "Options>Project>Clock." There's only a button at the top that says "Tools," and when you click on it, you can either go to "Project Options" or "Global Options," neither of which displays any kind of device for setting the ticks-per-note properties. You have answered my question about Music Creator being able to do that, however.
    TGRANT
    RE: I Have Two Questions 2005/06/11 12:14:27 (permalink)
    Sorry - I didn't make myself cear. I'm not familiar with the express version, so I answered it based on CW. Glad I could be of help though. Cakewalk is a easy to use and relatively powerful little program. I think it's well worth the cost. It's not as powerful as some other programs, but it depends on what you want to do with the music.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1