I Love It

Author
Peter Morrison
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
2010/12/31 15:02:25 (permalink)

I Love It

I'm sorry about all you guys who have had problems, but I haven't had hardly any yet, only one and not a Cakewalk fault. I had to download Guitar Rig 4's upgrade  four times. Each one came with a bug and wouldn't install. The fourth one did.
Love everything about it so far.

Gear;-4 copper kettles-a large dustbin-a piece of string and a cotter pin. I keep a spring on standby 

10 Replies Related Threads

OldDog
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 15:16:11 (permalink)
    Man those folks over at Native Instruments are evil.  I upgraded to the full Guitar Rig, and then they sent me a $30 end of year gift certificate, so I had to buy the Rammstein expansion pack, but while I was on their site I downloaded the free Komplete 7 starter kit, then they sent me a $30 gift certificate for buying Guitar Rig, then that got me thinking I would really like the Evolve Mutations expansion pack.......

Sheesh where does this train let off!
    post edited by OldDog - 2010/12/31 15:17:56
    TStranger
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 83
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 15:22:54 (permalink)
    Overall I like X1 as well.

For some reason my recording clicks and pops are gone, and I fought that issue tooth and nail with 8.X versions.  Tried at least 50 techniques (basically every single thing mentioned by Sonar and in this forum) to get rid of recording clicks and pops...with 95% success.  But when you get a pop in the middle of a key 1 minute recording session, 95% is not good enough. 

....and X1 got rid of them 100% - not sure why???

....and my sound is dead silent clean now.  No trash noise.  I love it.

BUT, I am still like the guy with the $3000 TaylorMade golf clubs and Nike golf outfit....who shoots a 110.  LOL!!!  Still have a long way to go.  Lots of bugs to work through it looks like...

TS
    1970 Gibson L5  -  Taylor Custom GS - PRS Hollowbody II - Surh Strat and Tele - PRS 305 - 1968 Fender Tele

Positively Charged
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 15:26:59 (permalink)
    TStranger

...BUT, I am still like the guy with the $3000 TaylorMade golf clubs and Nike golf outfit....who shoots a 110... 
    Hahaha, yeah ME TOO, except that I'm worse off because I don't know golf.  So I don't even know if 110 is good or bad!  LOL

tfkeel
    • Total Posts : 92
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 15:57:43 (permalink)
    So far, I love it, too.  The improved workflow is sooooooo nice.  Don't have any problems, but I haven't gotten real serious with it yet.  Still using 8.5.3 for customer work.

Sonar 8.5 Producer Version 8.5.3.282 - Windows XP Home Edition w/all upgrades through SP3 - Windows Vista business SP2 - PreSonus FireBox interface - M-Audio UNO - Behringer UCA202 U-control - ADK ProAudio quad-core 3.2 Ghz overclocked, 8 Gb ram - been with Cakewalk since 3.0 in 1990 ( it was MIDI only...under MS/DOS - computer was 4 MHz :) )

http://www.keelsmusic.com
    Frank Haas
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2490
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 16:20:26 (permalink)
    hm..
    So far, I love it, too. 
    Still using 8.5.3 for customer work

that makes sense..

I wish I could become one of those believers too.. but,... just recorded 2 audio tracks:
    on the 2nd track I had some layers..
    started cutting/triming those layers..
    deleted unnecessary layers.. later I recognised that I have lost some necessary layers too while doing so..  because drawing a lasso around those certain layers would select all the other layers (underneath) as well)
    lost some audiomaterial between layers (don't ask me how that happened.. had to delete one half of the layer and trimed the other part to get the full layer again)

maybe I am just expecting too much.. 
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 16:31:56 (permalink)
    I'm loving X1 so far. I've only had it a few days but I've already almost completed a project using loops and I have never used loops in my life. I find it so easy with the loop browser. I even created my own loops for the first time!

I only had one weird thing happen. I froze an audio track with Guitar Rig 4 on it, then I cloned it. I unfroze the original track and the Interleave was changed from Stereo to Mono. I had a heck of a time finding the Interleave setting so I know I didn't hit it by accident. I set it back to Stereo and everything was fine and dandy.

I'm also noticing that my 8.5 projects are using significantly less CPU when opened in X1.

I'm having a blast with X1, but I'm not in to the midi side of it as much as some of the guys who are having trouble so I'm not going to say it's bug free and the end all be all.

On the audio side of X1, I'm still waiting for V-Vocal and Audio Snap, among other things, to get fixed.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Frank Haas
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2490
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 16:35:13 (permalink)
    that interleave button and gr don't work !
    each time you reopen a project the interleave button will switch back to mono...!!! I wonder how you would want to do mixes with that issue!
    TStranger
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 16:58:25 (permalink)
    OldDog

Man those folks over at Native Instruments are evil.  I upgraded to the full Guitar Rig, and then they sent me a $30 end of year gift certificate, so I had to buy the Rammstein expansion pack, but while I was on their site I downloaded the free Komplete 7 starter kit, then they sent me a $30 gift certificate for buying Guitar Rig, then that got me thinking I would really like the Evolve Mutations expansion pack.......

I saw this!!!  I almost stepped through that door, but their array of packages is just too complicated and confusing.  I love GR Pro 4, but I cannot tell what is what from the array of jargon in the product descriptions.

Tell me what you think about the Rammstein expansion pack and Komplete 7.

TS
    1970 Gibson L5  -  Taylor Custom GS - PRS Hollowbody II - Surh Strat and Tele - PRS 305 - 1968 Fender Tele

TStranger
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 17:03:44 (permalink)
    Bub

I'm also noticing that my 8.5 projects are using significantly less CPU when opened in X1.

I'm having a blast with X1, but I'm not in to the midi side of it as much as some of the guys who are having trouble so I'm not going to say it's bug free and the end all be all.
    This has to have been my issue.  Although I have a powerful system - I never got clean 8.5.3 performance.  I used loops years ago, then stepped into Reason and now Beatscape and Dim Pro.  I am pleased to not have to be chasing 8 different upgrade and technology pathways now.

TS

OldDog
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re:I Love It 2010/12/31 17:48:08 (permalink)
    TStranger

OldDog

I saw this!!!  I almost stepped through that door, but their array of packages is just too complicated and confusing.  I love GR Pro 4, but I cannot tell what is what from the array of jargon in the product descriptions.

Tell me what you think about the Rammstein expansion pack and Komplete 7.

Rammstein patch is not bad if you want that dead on full metal jacket type sound.  I like having it in my back pocket and for the price with the coupon I couldn't say no.

The free Komplete 7 players are interesting.  I will not really get into them for a while.  I am looking for a library that has some darker, industrial type sounds for move soundscapes which is why Evolve Mutations looks so interesting.  But I think I will wait for a while before jumping into that one.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1