I don't drink coffee...but are hipsters coming back to roost?

Author
mixmkr
Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3169
2018/04/07 18:56:30 (permalink)

I don't drink coffee...but are hipsters coming back to roost?

Drinking out of a Meng Mug?

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

2 Replies Related Threads

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: I don't drink coffee...but are hipsters coming back to roost? 2018/04/07 21:15:03 (permalink)
    I admit to some confusion about the term hipster. My recollection is that this is an old term from the beat generation that at the time meant someone who was hip, by which they meant into beat  culture...think grey sweatshirts and turtlenecks coupled with a loose commitment to reciting poetry to the accompaniment of live jazz. The term was supplanted in the sixties by hippie, which meant someone into the hallucinogenic culture...think naked fat girls covered with body painted daisies dancing in the park to folk music badly played on the flute. Apparently it now means someone who has a commitment to following the latest trends and adopting the next normal culture before it has actually arrived. So almost the opposite of the drop-out goals of abandoning adherence to fashion of its original use. 
    Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: I don't drink coffee...but are hipsters coming back to roost? 2018/04/07 22:52:24 (permalink)
    I'll simplify it for ya there, slarta.

Today it is essentially just a pejorative to describe somebody who puts slightly more than zero effort into being into modern bands, culture, general arts/tech, etc...

10 years ago it was a little more specific and seemed to focus on "Indie" scene types.

By today's standards I would be considered a hipster. Hell, you probably would too.

I just ignore the word entirely now because it has no meaning aside from demeaning.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1