I have music creator, need help!!

Author
Bronzee
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2006/11/27 13:06:11 (permalink)

Iam new here. I don't know anything about software. I went out and got the MUSIC CREATOR3, By cakewalk. I don't know if i purchase the correct one for what I want to do. This is what I want to do. Do a video, listen to music and look at sheet music, and try to convert some of the songs in sheet music audios and midies, mp3 into sheet music also., play my keyboard and make music, and do introductions like fruity loops. Put extra soundings in my recording. I can use some help. Put give me an easy one to start off with using. Thanks

I like learning.

24 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/27 14:32:04 (permalink)
    I'm not really following exactly what you're trying to accomplish with the software. You're wanting to convert sheet music into music and sync it to video?

1. I don't think MC3 will sync to video - I might be wrong, but I think you have to have SHS4 or higher (in the CW series) to do that. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

2. in order to convert sheet music to MIDI, you have to either enter it by hand in MC3, or you can purchase a separate piece of software that allows you to scan sheet music and convert it to MIDI and then import the MIDI into MC3. From my experience, doing it by hand is actually quicker. Use the Piano Roll or Staff view to enter MIDI by hand.

3. I don't know what introductions like fruity loops you're talking about

4. add extra sounds in the recording. yes, depending on your hardware or what other sounds you're talking about.

5. do the "getting started guide" and the tutorials and if you bought the boxed version of MC3, then watch the videos that came with it as well. the getting started guide and the tutorials are in the help files. press F1.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/27 21:02:25 (permalink)
    And MC will not convert audio, mp3, wave, sound, etc. into sheet music. That is a MIDI-only function. You can possibly download MIDI files of your favorite songs and print that out. If you want to print notation of your own songs, you'll have to enter the notes via MIDI or with a mouse in the staff or piano-roll view.
    Greg

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Bronzee
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/27 23:06:18 (permalink)
    I guess I should ask the question , what does the music creator do?

Thanks

I like learning.
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/27 23:51:35 (permalink)
    I like learning.

If you really mean this, you will be a happy camper. You have plenty to learn, and you want to do a lot. That's not a bad thing, it's a long road, and with the right attitude, you can go far.
    I'll let Gregy tell you what MC does.
    Do you have any video editing software? Ideally, you will want to build the video action around the music, and that is best done on the video side of things. You can build your audio tracks in programs like MC, and import them into the video program.
    I don't have anything to offer for the sheet music thing. I suppose someday I should learn to read it. See there, we all have plenty to learn.
    post edited by RobertB - 2006/11/28 00:09:18

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 00:16:15 (permalink)

We need a twelve step program for twelve tone problems!

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    RobertB
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 00:23:03 (permalink)
    Rats. Mine only goes to eleven.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    CakeMaker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 08:16:58 (permalink)
    Bronzee
    its a multi-track recording and editing software. MC definitely has its limitations, but if you are just starting out, its a great place to start. I don't know of anything else like it. If you are not familiar with digital audio and how it works, you should defnitely read all you can, esp. in the forums here. You'll learn alot.

It sounds like you may be jumping too far ahead too quickly. You may want to start building your song [music] one track at a time and experimenting from there. There is no converting anything to sheet music- for that you'll need a full-function notation software. The notation capabilities in MC are limited but that is because it's more of a recording program. I'm not sure bout the video capabilities either, as I've never done that. But I would imagine just using the Help Index would help in that instance. Go to Help, and find the 'Index' feature. From there you can type in your term and it will find all the info on that subject.

You can certainly record and edit all your audio / MIDI files. If you want to export and burn your recordings in an MP3 format you'll need an additional encoder for that. MC comes with 30-day trial of the encoder and then you can either find a free one online somewhere or purchase the Cake one... It defintely takes some time to get used to working in and using digital audio, and mastering it will be very rewarding if you can just stick with it. It takes patience and and stick-to-it-ness. We are all still learning here. Hope this helps Bronzee- take one thing at a time.
    Best,
    CakeMaker
    Beagle
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 13:22:09 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: RobertB

Rats. Mine only goes to eleven.

Do your amps go to 11, too, man?

RobertB
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 13:58:45 (permalink)
    Well...yeah.
    By the way, I'm also looking for a new drummer.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Beagle
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 14:53:42 (permalink)
    LOL!

Bronzee
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 16:32:43 (permalink)
    I appreciate the repond u guys. Robert..where is the video site at that i can learn at. What I mainly want to do right now is concentrate on doing a video. I have a keyboard s90 and I want to be able to video myself playing on it. I have one other software its by PG music 6 {pro tracks} http://pgmusic.com/..I stop using it..I understand how to use this. This is all the software experience i have. So, do u think that MUSIC CREATOR, is over my head...if so I can return it back to the store and get something else easier. Just tell me what software to work on lst.

For example, like at these sites they do videos:http://www.hearandplay.com/gkorgan.html if u go to the bottom of the page u will see some videos..well this is what i want to do..people want to see me play and i don't know the lst thing about recording me or a video. This is another site:http://www.showmethat.com/ look for video clips on this page..

So this is what i mainly want to do..

Should i keep this music creator or not for this type of videos i want to do????

Thanks much ,,I appeciate u all.

Be blessed.

I like learning.
    Beagle
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 16:56:34 (permalink)
    So, do u think that MUSIC CREATOR, is over my head...if so I can return it back to the store and get something else easier. Just tell me what software to work on lst.
    No, I do not think that MC is over your head, just as long as you realize that it's not something that you can just install and it will start doing things immediately for you - there will be a learning curve, but I think it will be a learning curve for anything you buy for what you want to do.

No, you cannot return it, at least not in the US. Other countries have different laws, I'm not sure where you are, so I can only answer that for US purchases.

And since no one has stated that I was wrong above, I'll again say that I don't think that MC is capable of syncing with video. Again, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it can. I believe you need a program like Sonar Home Studio 4 for syncing with video.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/default.asp
    OR
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/XL.asp

the only difference between the two are the extra synths and loops that come with the more expensive one.

Robomusic
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 17:25:38 (permalink)
    That is about right, and I also have PG Musics Protracks 10 and while it is nice it is harder to learn for me. MC is a great place to start, and will help you develop the tools to move on in time, it has a very decent starting skillset. Just jump in and ask questions as you go.

Music Town
    Bronzee
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 22:40:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Beagle

So, do u think that MUSIC CREATOR, is over my head...if so I can return it back to the store and get something else easier. Just tell me what software to work on lst.
    No, I do not think that MC is over your head, just as long as you realize that it's not something that you can just install and it will start doing things immediately for you - there will be a learning curve, but I think it will be a learning curve for anything you buy for what you want to do.

No, you cannot return it, at least not in the US. Other countries have different laws, I'm not sure where you are, so I can only answer that for US purchases.

And since no one has stated that I was wrong above, I'll again say that I don't think that MC is capable of syncing with video. Again, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it can. I believe you need a program like Sonar Home Studio 4 for syncing with video.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/default.asp
    OR
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/XL.asp

the only difference between the two are the extra synths and loops that come with the more expensive one.

I haven't opened the music creation up yet. Thats ok about the video..then will i be able to do a midi.. just play the piano and record and then be able to send it out to my freinds to hear how i play?

Thanks again.

I like learning.
    Bronzee
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 22:42:14 (permalink)
    Well i haven't opened it up yet, its still brand new. Ok, will i be able to record and make a midi and be able to send it to my friends so they can hear me play?

I like learning.
    Bronzee
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 22:45:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Robomusic

That is about right, and I also have PG Musics Protracks 10 and while it is nice it is harder to learn for me. MC is a great place to start, and will help you develop the tools to move on in time, it has a very decent starting skillset. Just jump in and ask questions as you go.

I agree rob, pro tracks is hard to learn..and u have to keep resetting your options all the time. Sometimes u click things accidently and u my change your setup and be wondering what happen..it was a pain in the butt..i hope music creator is much better.

I like learning.
    RobertB
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/28 23:18:26 (permalink)
    For me, at least, Cakewalk programs make sense, and like the other guys have said MC is a great place to start. This gives you a place to create and fine tune the music part of your video.
    For the video itself, you really need another program. That is the nature of this, and you need different programs for different aspects.
    I use Pinnacle Studio 9, which is very powerful. For what you want to do Sony Vegas is a very good program. You can import your audio track that you have built in MC, and mark scene changes or whatever in time with the music, and adjust your video clips to fit, with transition effects and all kinds of fun stuff.
    You can't really do it in one program. As Beagle stated, you can't sync video in MC, or even in SHS4.
    I don't know of any sites that will help(I'm sure there are some, try some google searches), but bookstores have some excellent information.
    What you want to do is admirable, but it does take a fair amount of work. Stick it out, and you will do fine.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Beagle
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/29 08:17:26 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Bronzee

Well i haven't opened it up yet, its still brand new. Ok, will i be able to record and make a midi and be able to send it to my friends so they can hear me play?

OK, in that case, you can probably take it back if you want - as long as it's still sealed up.

Yes, with MC3 you can create MIDI tracks and trigger sounds with it to let your friends hear you play.

Robert:
    You can't really do it in one program. As Beagle stated, you can't sync video in MC, or even in SHS4.

You're confusing me! I know that you know a lot more about video than I do because I've never dealt with it at all. But I thought that SHS4 WILL sync video, and I thought that you were one of the ones who told me it would. did I misunderstand? I know that for video it's probably better to have something like pinacle or vegas, but I thought SHS4 would work for entry level stuff. Here's why I thought that:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=825164
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=811097

RobertB
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/29 10:43:05 (permalink)
    Beagle,
    I can see how that could be confusing, and I should have phrased that better.
    In SHS4, you can import video and edit the audio track(s) to follow the action, scene changes, etc. But you can't edit the video track, it is only for reference. It's great for doing a soundtrack. And, yes, you can save the video with your audio synced to it.
    In the case of a music video, the audio would be the primary track, and you would want to be able to edit the video to fit the music.
    That's where the other programs come into play.
    I'll check when I get home tonight, to make sure I haven't overlooked something.
    post edited by RobertB - 2006/11/29 11:23:18

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Beagle
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/29 11:26:04 (permalink)
    OK! That makes sense and that's really what I THOUGHT was right anyway. You can import and sync in SHS4, but you can't edit video, you have to have something like VEGAS or PINNACLE or other video editing S/W for that.

So the OP could create a video with a digital camcorder, edit it with some proprietary software (very likely a lite version of something will come bundled with a digital camcorder when purchasing it) or with something like those mentioned above, then import it into SHS4 and create/edit/sync music to the video.

Just not with MC3. AFAIK MC won't import the video.

Everybody clear? I think I am finally!

Bronzee
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/11/29 17:23:16 (permalink)
    Thanks guys, I really do appreciate u all helpers. I think i have learn some from this page already all the programs have different specialies in them..its like getting a car or tv,,, each name brands can do different things there aren't one that does it all. LOL>>

I like learning.
    Robomusic
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/12/03 02:07:03 (permalink)
    Sometimes i feel like a software collector. I have tryed and used them all it seems. I have Acid Pro 3.0 (the best loop based program hands down), Vegas, rock solid no midi, cakewalk music creator 2003 and MC3, great midi and decent all around, N-tracks 4.01 nice but unstable, Reaper, close but no cigar, Power tracks Pro Audio 10, solid and powerful, but confusing, Multitrack studios, simple the best, tracktion, powerful but very confusing, magix nice but limited, fruity loops, cool but not for me, Goldwave, excellent wave editor, Sound forge, solid but expensive. They all have great features, , it alll boils down to what works for you, and does the job.

Music Town
    sav
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/12/03 16:43:16 (permalink)
    hey i need some help wit my mc3 i can't seem to export my music in to a mp3 flie when i try they say i have to unlock my encorder i'm really new to this how do i go about this
    Beagle
    RE: I have music creator, need help!! 2006/12/03 19:13:41 (permalink)
    There are a lot of posts about this; you can find a lot of information by using the search feature at the top left of the screen.

Here's a post for you that will explain about the mp3 encoder:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=897175

do a search if that's not enough info and there are other threads that will point you to other free encoders.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1