I just randomly found a new C3 feature: Uninstall

Author
5MilesHigh
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
2015/01/30 19:04:10 (permalink)

I just randomly found a new C3 feature: Uninstall

I'm still looking for a Pause and/or Abort button once C3 starts a DL process, but today I randomly discovered that a right click on a file item in C3 does offer an option to 'uninstall' that item. Some items even offer a 'Rollback' feature which probably means it reverts to and re-installs that item (ie Sonar). I made a good effort to work through the 'Help' doc's for C3, but if there was less screen space devoted to the logos and more to the actual info, this might have gone smoother. I can only scroll through so many pages a day and the Sonar installation is being done on an as available basis anyway. Less graphics, more info!

A simple menu isn't too much to ask for in a DL/Installer tool!!!!!
I've seen the logo and it shouldn't use more than 3 lines of text space, if that. I'd much rather have a real window that I can move and minimize with more space for a larger font for Reg/SN info!!

Lack of legacy support means, the legacy lives on since I still need to access My Account for features and DL's and C3 doesn't/won't support it. 

Is the un-install feature offered as part of the re-install feature? Normally, I do an un-install prior to a re-install. Since I've had to resort to manual install's with the C3 installers anyway, I noticied that a new manual install doesn't remove the earlier C3 install and I had to delete the C: folder manually as well. I've always used the Win un-install to clean up the Reg etc prior to a new install, so this was a little disturbing. 

Why don't I see a Windows uninstall option in my Control Panel? Very strange.

I'm still doing manual installs anyway because I need/want both 32 and 64 bit installations as I migrate from one (that I like) to the other (which is problematic and needs to bridge most of my favorite stuff). 

I still haven't seen how to modify Instrument installations (install locations, etc). Dumping on the C: drive is unacceptable, but updates etc don't appear to be available unless C3 does the installation (and it only does so on the C: drive and with a 64b install). I sure hope I'm missing something, but I don't see any options in C3 to control these aspects of installation.

Apparently some folks are moving quite smoothly thru this migration, me not so much. Could be me, but in the last 2 weeks I've got a BiaB2015, JammerPro6 and different versions of FLS including the Beta's up and running with less effort. And that's just the music stuff, the system stuff (and even games) have been troublesome but not like this migration. 

It's gotten to the point where I'm even nervous trying things in C3. For instance, I'm looking at it right now. SonarPro is selected. A SN is shown but can't be copied out to be pasted elsewhere. The option says to launch it, but I've done a manual install of the 32b and 64 versions to my E: drive. I've deleted the SonarPro dir from C:/ProgramFiles where C3 dumped it. I have no idea what will happen if I use the launch button C3 shows me. Will it re-start some DL, auto install process? Will it even use the existing DL files? Will it just CTD? Will it hopefully just throw some useful error msg and let me point it at the version and installation I'd like to start? Who knows? Is any of this in the docs? I've looked and google searches are woefully short of references to SonarPro. SonarXx I can find links to, and the Sonar Doc pages come up with the google links that don't point at SonarPro doc pages. 

Well, I don't have time to find out today, so let it be.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1