I miss my Revalver:)! [solved, thanx!]

Author
Vallhagen
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 405
2017/07/19 12:07:31 (permalink)

I miss my Revalver:)! [solved, thanx!]

Hi All. Not sure when i was logged on here last time, must've been at least 5 years ago... I found an old PM from feb -16 when logging on...

Anyway, i havent produced a thing since... 2011 i think, but now i think i'll be back, and have just "re-installed everything" on a new HDD on my DAW. "Everything" means basically Sonar X3 (producer/expanded) and loads of plugings, some of them 15 years old. 

Now, one of the plugs was Peavey Revalver HPSE, which was - if i remember and read up right - bundled way back then with Sonar X1. Now i miss it, and (for reasonable ageing reasons) X1 is not available as download on my "products page" anymore. Is there any chance than anyone here has the plugin and is willing to share? Or maybe shall i ask; will the mentioned plugin work with Sonar X3 (i vaguely remember it was a dxi plug, not vsti?).

Or - is Sonar X1 available somewhere else for me to download? It's funny, i hardly remember, but X1 was the first Sonar release to be a full download (i mean not a physical CD/DVD), right? I have the old patches here, but not the full installation stuff...

Cheers all!
Bengt
Sweden
post edited by Vallhagen - 2017/07/19 14:20:38

7 Replies Related Threads

karhide
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 13:00:35 (permalink)
    Go check out the Revalver site because there is a free version as well as the option to buy the bits you want or the full product:
    https://peavey.com/products/revalver/

Studio: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 32GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace UFX - Focusrite OctoPre MK II - Audient Mico

Mobile: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace 400

Mobile2: Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM 256 GB System Drive Windows 10 64 bit

http://www.karhide.co.uk/
    https://karhide.bandcamp.com
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 13:01:56 (permalink)
    You can log in to your account and download it.
    It should be with all your purchased/registered products in your on line account with Cakewalk.

It was Guitar rig that was bundled with Sonar X1 (pretty decent guitar sim)
    Peavey Revalver wasn't one of my favorites. it had massive potential with the schematic layouts, being able to change resistors, caps, exc but the part they failed on was the amp sims themselves :-)
    They just didn't sound that great to me. But we each have our tastes.

I have the 6505+ (bottom left) and I can honestly say.. Revalver sounds nothing like it

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 13:25:14 (permalink)
    I have an older Peavey Revalver but I haven't reinstalled it in my new PC.  It may be OK if you want distorted guitar but the modeling did not include the Peavey "Parametric EQ" system that is on all their Steel Guitar Amps.

Talking to a friend at Peavey, the programming group appears to be in England for this app (probably why its named "revalver" since the British call a Tube a Valve).

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 13:39:29 (permalink)
    A lite version of the original ReValver was bundled with SONAR 1 XL (~2001). This was years before Peavey bought ReValver. I do not recall SONAR bundling a newer version from Alien Connections or Peavey. XLN Audio gave away Peavey ReValver 3 HPSE to AD users. IIRC, it was around X3 so all SONAR X3 Producer users qualified for the give away. The plug-in is in my XLN account.
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 13:59:21 (permalink)
    IIRC, there was a promo from XLN during the X3 days which could be redeemed from owning Addictive Drums. If that was the source, the info should still be in your XLN account.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Vallhagen
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 14:07:19 (permalink)
    karhide
    Go check out the Revalver site because there is a free version as well as the option to buy the bits you want or the full product:
    https://peavey.com/products/revalver/

Hey karhide. Thanx! That one was easy, i maybe shall say "sorry" for not checking the obvious (Peavey) out before asking. I just downloaded the HPse free (your link, the file is from 2011), installed it and tried it out in an old Sonar project. Works like a charm, perfectly compatible. Problems solved, thanx again:)
    Vallhagen
    Re: I miss my Revalver:)! 2017/07/19 14:18:31 (permalink)
    Ah, many responses, thanx guys. 

Yea, maybe it wasnt with X1 at all(?), and i'm confusing it with the old xln audio (addictive drums) giveaway... 

And about the quality of the simulator itself... I guess i wouldnt pay up money for an upgrade of this one - its not THAT good or important - but as i have used it in a few projects with a sound that i liked, i like to have it among my options. And its always a good thing to go back to my own older stuff and check out how i did it... 

Its funny to go back and do something for the first time in years. Parts of it is directly in the fingers, others is like completely new stuff. I just struggled with a drum map for AD2 too, and it was frustrating for a while. Working now though:) 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1