I need some opinions on buying piano.

Author
marcus3
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 521
2014/04/15 03:12:23 (permalink)

I need some opinions on buying piano.

Hi I'm buying a new piano soon my budget is between 100-800.
I selected a few pianos I liked but needed some opinions.
I can't get to a music store because there all long distance from me.

Casio privia px 750
Yamaha np 31
Korg micro piano.

I'm going to be playing, composing classical on theses.

Thank you.

1 Reply Related Threads

Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: I need some opinions on buying piano. 2014/04/16 13:03:57 (permalink)
    I am not familiar with these models, but I would say if piano is strictly your pursuit weighted hammer action and 88 keys are very important. You want it to play as much like a real piano as it can.

If you are recording into a computer with DAW software, then the onboard sounds are not as important if you plan to invest in a software computer program.. I invested in a relatively inexpensive controller, a Privia 150 because I could care less about the internal sound engine...I simply wanted the piano keybed and feel. I could then take the money I saved on a high end rompler and buy piano software.

I have never really fell in love with the sounds in most romplers, even the high end ones.

If you go the route I did you will need a fairly robust computer and Ram.Preferably a seperate hard drive from the one  your OS is on. I'm not talking the best of the best...a middle of the road quad core with maybe 8gb of memory and tweaked for music.

Given a less than workable computer another option is to buy a modeled piano, not sampled, but modeled using data from real pianos. Uses less ram and memory and some of them sound pretty good. Pianoteq comes to mind.

The sounds in romplers are usually measured in mb not gb and it shows.I like the pianos on the Yamaha Motif best but they still fall short of sampled and modeled pianos. 

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1