I need to import CWK and WRK files into my Macbook Pro

Author
David Chester
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/07/25 02:23:56 (permalink)

I need to import CWK and WRK files into my Macbook Pro

Hello All:

Several years ago I created numerous song files in both Cakewalk and Pro Audio. The files have either a CWK or WRK extensions, created on a PC with Windows XP. I used a Midi keyboard and a Roland Sound Canvas to create the files. 

I now have a MacBook Pro. I was told I could import the above files into Logic, and I can, with great difficulty and huge amounts of time trying to reassign the instruments. 

I am willing to buy new Cakewalk software if I can use it on my Mac and if I can import the above files with relative ease. But I cannot seem to find anyone who knows anything about this. I cannot be the only person on earth who created CWK and WRK files on a PC and then later wanted to migrate them over to a Mac. 

Please advise. These were huge projects (pop music songs) that were shelved and now there is interest again and I need to bring the files up to date without having to buy another PC computer just so I can open them.

Your advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
-David

1 Reply Related Threads

larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    Re:I need to import CWK and WRK files into my Macbook Pro 2009/07/25 16:23:06 (permalink)
    I'm pretty amazed that you can get them into Logic at all since the CWK and WRK files are Cakewalk proprietary formats.

I'm guessing they are midi only files -- no audio?  If midi only then life would be easier if you could run the Cakewalk software on a PC and export the files as midi files (extension .mid or .midi).

Do you have the ability to run WinXP on the Mac?  There are ways to do it on an Intel based Mac.

Maybe you know someone else with a PC where you could do the conversions to midi files?

Sorry, I guess I'm not really being much help.....

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1