I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor

Author
Janet
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8094
2010/08/10 09:19:05 (permalink)

I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor

The thing would be...if I ever recommend a stock, (or anything else) that's your signal NOT to buy it.

If I say 'wait it out and see what happens', then buy it all, cause it's gonna spike the next day. 

Seems like a plan to me anyway. 

9 Replies Related Threads

Soundtrapper
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/10 10:45:33 (permalink)
    LOL Janet!

Years ago I noticed the imaginary line on the football field and it wow'd me.
    So I found out it was Princeton Video, the best I remember and they had about
    a year of history and I noticed around Super Bowl time the stock doubled.
    So I buy a good load of it and wait...and wait...while it slowly sinks to a letter in the
    mail LOL. It was sure fun though.

I have more fun doing that than gambling. It seems I'm in the game a little longer
    before pow.

Sonar 8.5.3
    Win 7 64 bit

Soundtrapper at Mixposure 

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/10 13:10:00 (permalink)
    I'd be useful in that trade too.

Just give me the figures and I could tell you how much you have.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/10 13:37:22 (permalink)
    Well, my choices do seem to matter.  2 days ago someone recommended a stock that would probably spike soon.  So I decided to watch it the next day.  30 minutes after the market opened, it was up 25%.  Ended up 33% by the close. 

AND EWQL decided to be a doofus for me, which wasted 2 precious evenings in the studio.  So, those two things at once kinda made me grouchy for awhile.

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/10 16:11:49 (permalink)
    when someone recommeds a stock...they have a 50% chance of being right..... so what the charlatans do is, they call 100 people telling half the stock will go up, the other half the stock will go down..... they wait a few weeks for it to move in either direction, then they call the 50 to whom they made the correct prediction and ask them aren't they ready now to get in on the "next big move"........ sucker takes bait...... generally looses money.... broker walks away with 50 commissions.

Nice gig if you can sleep at night doing that to people.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/10 17:13:32 (permalink)
    Hi,

There are way too many variables involved in those things that have nothing to do with "chance" ... and is the reason why I do not participate in with them.

It's much safer to play a machine in Las Vegas than take a chance with any of those ideas -- ideas that already slant things so you don't have a chance anyway! Why would they put their investment in jeopardy?

At least if I have the cards in my hand, I can make a choice and take a chance ... whereas all the rest ... is gunk.

Worst of these? Lotteries! You and I would be in jail for life if we created a lottery ... but the state can do it legally! ... yeah!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

reader1
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 605
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/11 00:47:23 (permalink)
    hm, I like stock, I don't like risk.
    most of financial advisors are cheater.

here, there is also charlatan to pretend to be a skilled operators/

Where is Chinatowns?
    For sell: solar cell; led; sound level meters; glasses, stationery.
    Offer: chemical industry design; consultant.  dsp board.
    kinds of instruments.  Offer music services.
    look for cooperators in making movies, tv, art craft.
    Design web site, 3D, outsourcing and 3d sound.
    --
    Wonderful music made by Sonar. Sonar is one of good software to produce magnificent music. We are getting use to it
    Guitarhacker
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/11 08:47:16 (permalink)
    Moshkiae

Worst of these? Lotteries! You and I would be in jail for life if we created a lottery ... but the state can do it legally! ... yeah!

Yep.... I knew a guy here in NC... he ran a nightclub and booked my band in there quite often.... that was a "hobby" for him.... his real business was running a numbers racket in the Eastern part of NC. It turns out he was the top dog.  I went to his house one time... he really liked our band, and this guy had more guns and money laying around than I could believe. At any given moment, Lyman was carrying several thousand dollars of "walking around" money and several guns and knives on his person. Enough weaponry to supply a small street gang.  He actually financed a truck for us..... he bought it and we played a set number of "free" gigs at the club..... it was a win/win deal for us...and a nice truck BTW.  It seemed a friend of his owned the truck... and ran a recording studio, and owed him some money...... so we all won in the deal. Lyman got his money, Clark got his debt paid off, and we got a nice truck.

This group of guys...... were all involved in nefarious deeds....

Lyman eventually got busted for running the numbers racket... that was big news in NC when it happened, and he died in prison from cancer.

Clark, while appearing to run a recording studio, which he did, and did a really nice job..... was making way more money bootlegging tapes..... he bought a TEAC 4 track from me when I sold it, for that very purpose...... he had a few partners that were carrying the tapes to Texas and selling them there..... these guys made millions in this bootlegging operation... until the Feds paid a visit.... and they all spent many years in prison as well.  These guys tried to recruit our drummer at the time into their operation, he was good friends with one of them, lived in the same town...... they showed him foot lockers full of money and asked if he was interested..... to his credit, he declined, citing other responsibilities at the moment.... he is a car sales manager now with no criminal record.

BMI/NSAI

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/11 09:26:15 (permalink)
    he is a car sales manager now with no criminal record.

Heh-heh.

I thought 'car salesman' has always been a euphemism for 'crook'?

Oh, he's the manager.

Guitarhacker
    Re:I think I'm gonna be a financial advisor 2010/08/11 09:53:38 (permalink)
    bapu

he is a car sales manager now with no criminal record.

Heh-heh.

I thought 'car salesman' has always been a euphemism for 'crook'?

Oh, he's the manager.

yeah... I tend to agree..... I guess you could say he decided to stay on the sunny side of the law.....

he is a good friend, and we are in touch through FB now..... but he always had a salesman's personality...IYKWIM.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/08/11 09:55:00

BMI/NSAI

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1