I think i fixed it...Signs of Weakness

Author
7-string_guy
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
2011/02/01 19:08:36 (permalink)

I think i fixed it...Signs of Weakness

After much feedback about vocal / guitar frequency duplication, and a lot of your help...i think i got a decent mix going....I moved it to Reverbnation for a tad better bit rate..

well....any input is appreciated....

www.reverbnation.com/enemyofearth

signs of weakness - 3rd attempt

the next step is to re-record the vocal for pitchiness, and a couple slurs, but at least i have the hardware settings saved and plug-ins ready to rock for that, so it shouldn't change the mix...

I7 2600k 3.4g on a ASUS MB with 16 gb of ram
FireFace 400 AI / Sonar 8.5 Producer / ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2
Alesis M1 Active MKII / Ibanez 7 string / Fender Super-Sonic
Schecter studio 5 bass / Boss Dr. Rhythm 880 , also Yamaha DTX full rack drum pad trigger system

3 Replies Related Threads

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:I think i fixed it...Signs of Weakness 2011/02/01 19:31:30 (permalink)
    Sounds pretty good...guitars sound good except for the one in my right ear, which was a little annoying...maybe tone that one down a bit.Can't hear the kick drumwhen the bass is playing.

String Jammer
    7-string_guy
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 430
    Re:I think i fixed it...Signs of Weakness 2011/02/01 20:14:34 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Sounds pretty good...guitars sound good except for the one in my right ear, which was a little annoying...maybe tone that one down a bit.Can't hear the kick drumwhen the bass is playing.

really? the guitars are dead even on all systems i have listened to, including a set of headphones i have on right now... ...i dunno...

the kick, well.. id rather have bass shine through than kick....i feel the kick, not really hear it...many bands tone their kick drum like this...thanks though..

edit :  i just took this mix to my buddies house and he has a great stereo.. my preliminary findings were that the bass is hot as mike said, the vocals and guitars seem to mix well now, but i noticed a gainy, high end sound to the guitars, (too crisp) especially the right in one section as the previous poster suggested.... so i need to remedy that now....

try and try again....

i have a commercial use for this track so i have to get the mix right. I am licensing it to a german company to go over a car show video. so he gets a non-exclusive sync license..all for exposure. he wont make money on it, and i have read the license thoroughly . it's legit....wish me luck...

i will be crediting you fellas on my album thanks page.....

post edited by 7-string_guy - 2011/02/01 23:04:09

I7 2600k 3.4g on a ASUS MB with 16 gb of ram
    FireFace 400 AI / Sonar 8.5 Producer / ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2
    Alesis M1 Active MKII / Ibanez 7 string / Fender Super-Sonic
    Schecter studio 5 bass / Boss Dr. Rhythm 880 , also Yamaha DTX full rack drum pad trigger system
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:I think i fixed it...Signs of Weakness 2011/02/04 05:03:56 (permalink)
    good luck with the German car video. Sounds pretty good to me. Nice guitar work, bass is great. Nothing i would tweak, any little fizziness is likely the mp3 conversion.

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1