I want a small USB midi XY Pad controller - any Korg NanoPad alternatives?

Author
benstat
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 972
2010/09/30 05:24:27 (permalink)

I want a small USB midi XY Pad controller - any Korg NanoPad alternatives?

Hi,
I have an Edirol PCR-500 which I'm very happy with. However, it lacks one of those handy XY pads which I want to control several plugins. I'm not mad on its pitch/vibrato wheel/joystick thing either.
I want a very small, USB, XY pad controller, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives to the Korg NanoPad? There's nothing wrong with the NanoPad as far as I can tell, but I don't need any more pads - my PCR-500 has plenty. If there's one that has normal pitch bend and vibrato wheels as well then that would be great! Any ideas or recommendations greatfully received.
Many thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:I want a small USB midi XY Pad controller - any Korg NanoPad alternatives? 2010/09/30 12:35:50 (permalink)
    I dont'think the nano pad can control much other than flams for the drum pads, from what I've read.  Look for a Novation LE.  Pretty nice touch pad and joystick.  They don't make them, but you might find a used one.  Be careful, I bought one when they were blowing them out for $50 and had to return the first unit since the keys were faulty.  But it is great xy pad/stick combo.  Some of the other Novation offerings have a pad and pad, but they are more expensive.  Still worth a look, tho.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    benstat
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:I want a small USB midi XY Pad controller - any Korg NanoPad alternatives? 2010/10/01 05:48:51 (permalink)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do some Googling...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1