Helpful ReplyIK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/14 11:59:27 (permalink)
For the record here is a link to a parallel thread http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3255485

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
jones082
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/14 19:59:54 (permalink)
Tried JBridge, followed the directions and assigned it in Plug in manager. It just crashes Sonar.
IK Support recommended trying to download and use Sample Tank 2, but I cannot even get that to work in stand alone, let alone as a VST inside Sonar.
jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/15 13:00:13 (permalink)
The only solution I have found so far, after a ton of searching, is to throw more money at the problem.
I am very unhappy with that solution, but for others, it might be an answer:
Sample Tank 3 SE is supposed to be able to load legacy sounds. It is $99.
I already spent too much for Miroslav, so I am hoping that there is another way around this, but it might be worth it for someone who picked up Philharmonik for $49.
Glyn Barnes
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/16 03:35:51 (permalink)
Its a bit cynical of IK to keep selling this obsolete software. The Miroslav samples are very good, the decent thing to do would be to port them into a Sampletank 3 based player.

One workaround would be to install the 32 bit version of Sonar and do the Miroslav work in that. Then render the tracks into wav and import them into your 64 bit project.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/16 07:15:11 (permalink)
I now for the most part run Miroslav's library in ST3. As others have mentioned in this and previous threads, Miroslav Philharmonic definitely DOES run perfectly well in Sonar X64 using Bit Bridge. It is by no means 'obselete' - just discounted:) I just walked down to my studio, ran it up and rendered a track just to check. Unfortunately, those of us who have it working are of little use to those that don't in finding the variable that is the problem:( Again, though, I can confirm it does work. Keep digging!
post edited by tenfoot - 2015/07/16 07:27:43

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
Glyn Barnes
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/16 08:24:39 (permalink)
tenfoot
I now for the most part run Miroslav's library in ST3. As others have mentioned in this and previous threads, Miroslav Philharmonic definitely DOES run perfectly well in Sonar X64 using Bit Bridge. It is by no means 'obselete' - just discounted:) I just walked down to my studio, ran it up and rendered a track just to check. Unfortunately, those of us who have it working are of little use to those that don't in finding the variable that is the problem:( Again, though, I can confirm it does work. Keep digging!

I have ST3 and use Miroslav in that. I always used to have it running in Sonar 64 using Bitbridge, but when these threads started again I checked and it had stopped working until I used JBridge, I did get some error messages using JBridge but it seemed to function OK. I suspect the error messages may go away if I run as administrator as they related to not being able to write to a folder but I have not checked.
I still say the old IK players are obsolete (or to be kind to IK obselecent). Its selling for $150 unless you get it in a fire sale, IK could easily provide a copy of the ST3 engine to regestered users of Miroslav and the other old synths.

tenfoot
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/16 08:34:32 (permalink)
Glyn Barnes
tenfoot

I have ST3 and use Miroslav in that. I always used to have it running in Sonar 64 using Bitbridge, but when these threads started again I checked and it had stopped working until I used JBridge, I did get some error messages using JBridge but it seemed to function OK. I suspect the error messages may go away if I run as administrator as they related to not being able to write to a folder but I have not checked.
I still say the old IK players are obsolete (or to be kind to IK obselecent). Its selling for $150 unless you get it in a fire sale, IK could easily provide a copy of the ST3 engine to regestered users of Miroslav and the other old synths.

Yeah - at that price you would think they could surely provide a 64bit player considering they most certainly already have one. Strange how the 32bit version still works for some but not others, though I guess not that suprising in the windows world of almost infinite variables!

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 09:51:46 (permalink)

Couple of things to pass on, and maybe someone can help me.

I am now always opening Platinum as Admin, and I changed the driver for my Scarlettt 6i6 from ASIO to MME (32 bit), and things almost work.

Also, Miroslav works in SampleTank 2.5, which is free.

I say 'almost work,' because, although Miroslav (and SampleTank containing Miroslav) will both now start up and run (without JBridge, btw) things are a little glitchy.

First and worst problem: the sound level from either module keeps reducing to almost inaudible.  I discovered that I have to double click on whatever patch I am using, and the sound comes back.  

I have no idea what is going on. It is still usable, but it is a stupid way to work.  You have to quick get your part in, and then freeze the synth before the sound disappears, and then go to another track.

Also, occasionally, if I have Platinum open and go to play a Groove 3 video, the sound will become temporarily garbled and I have to exit Sonar.

Any clues here??
jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 10:53:56 (permalink)

Crappy update.
Sonar is occasionally crashing.
I also seem to have lost all my audio tracks! Thankfully, everything was backed up to the cloud, except for the current song.  Vocal track lost!  I can't imagine what happened, or where they went. All my audio folders are empty.
ShellstaX
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 12:26:03 (permalink)
MME is not really sufficient. You won't be able to get you latencies down to 'acceptable' levels. Cracks, pops and gargles will likely mean you have to increase your MIDI playback buffers (to 512+).

Like ASIO, WASAPI is also a 'direct' driver mode. If that doesn't work you could try Virtual ASIO such as ASIO4ALL or Voicemeeter. I don't think WDM would 'cut it' either. Hardware native ASIO drivers should work best.
post edited by ShellstaX - 2015/07/17 12:33:06
tenfoot
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 13:52:42 (permalink)
jones082

Crappy update.
I also seem to have lost all my audio tracks! Thankfully, everything was backed up to the cloud, except for the current song.  Vocal track lost!  I can't imagine what happened, or where they went. All my audio folders are empty.

I would say it is incredibly unlikely that your Sonar update caused the loss of all of your audio files Jones082. I would be taking a good long look at the health of your hdd and running some error checks - it may well be on is way out.

Bruce.

jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 14:15:06 (permalink)
tenfoot
jones082

Crappy update.

I would say it is incredibly unlikely that your Sonar update caused the loss of all of your audio files Jones082. I would be taking a good long look at the health of your hdd and running some error checks - it may well be on is way out.

Misunderstanding...I had a crappy update to share regarding my progress, or lack thereof.
I do not understand why my vocal track disappeared. It was a comp track, with folders, flattened.
I added Melodyne as a regional effect and was in the process of vocal tuning over the course of a few days.

ShellstaX
MME is not really sufficient. You won't be able to get you latencies down to 'acceptable' levels. Cracks, pops and gargles will likely mean you have to increase your MIDI playback buffers (to 512+).

Like ASIO, WASAPI is also a 'direct' driver mode. If that doesn't work you could try Virtual ASIO such as ASIO4ALL or Voicemeeter. I don't think WDM would 'cut it' either. Hardware native ASIO drivers should work best.

I'm not actually getting any cracks or pops.  Aside from the sound of Miroslav disappearing, the quality seems fine.
I don't see ASIO4ALL under my preferences. Is that something that needs to be loaded into Sonar?
tenfoot
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 14:59:11 (permalink)
jones082
tenfoot
jones082

Crappy update.

Misunderstanding...I had a crappy update to share regarding my progress, or lack thereof.
I do not understand why my vocal track disappeared. It was a comp track, with folders, flattened.
I added Melodyne as a regional effect and was in the process of vocal tuning over the course of a few days.

ShellstaX

I'm not actually getting any cracks or pops.  Aside from the sound of Miroslav disappearing, the quality seems fine.
I don't see ASIO4ALL under my preferences. Is that something that needs to be loaded into Sonar?

Ahh - got it. Sorry mate. My bad. Ignore my idiotic advice:)

Bruce.

jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 16:42:18 (permalink)
Forget it.  MME is useless for vocals. At the lowest setting, there is too much delay.
Sidroe
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1954
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 18:06:27 (permalink)
I bought the upgrade for $199 to sampletank 3 full version. No more problems using Philharmonik! Sampletank imported Philharmoniks library right in and I am good to go in 64 bit. I could have just gotten the SE version and done the same thing but for just a little more I get the 33gb library, too. Now if Windows 10 doesn't eat my lunch I'll survive.

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 18:51:07 (permalink)
Sidroe
I bought the upgrade for $199 to sampletank 3 full version. No more problems using Philharmonik! Sampletank imported Philharmoniks library right in and I am good to go in 64 bit. I could have just gotten the SE version and done the same thing but for just a little more I get the 33gb library, too. Now if Windows 10 doesn't eat my lunch I'll survive.

I thought about it...but, if I was going to drop $200, I'd rather put it toward one of the economy versions of LASS.

jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 19:00:04 (permalink)

Ok, I am almost there, though I still need some help.

I loaded ASIO4ALL, figured out how to use it and am running it now.

There now seems to be no need for JBridge, and latency for vocals and instruments seems fine, and no crashes so far, fingers crossed.

Sounds are clear.  Miroslav instruments were all found instantly and loaded up without a problem by SampleTank 2.5, which is priced just about right for me.

I just have the problem where the patch randomly...like disappears, or almost totally loses its velocity!  It's still there, very faint in the distance, barely registering on the meters.  All the settings remain the same, the velocity is fine.  It's like it is partially losing the patch, or something. It's ridiculous.  If I call up SampleTank and double click on the patch, it is totally back to normal.  Very hard to work this way.

ShellstaX
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/17 21:21:19 (permalink)
jones082
I just have the problem where the patch randomly...like disappears, or almost totally loses its velocity!  It's still there, very faint in the distance, barely registering on the meters.  All the settings remain the same, the velocity is fine.  It's like it is partially losing the patch, or something. It's ridiculous.  If I call up SampleTank and double click on the patch, it is totally back to normal.  Very hard to work this way.

Is it random or regular?
Press a key/note, with the same velocity if repeated, and hold it - is there a 'release' the sound gets quieter?
Perhaps you need to incorporate a 'sustain' (cc64) to your track/performance(?)
tenfoot
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/18 08:38:51 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought about it...but, if I was going to drop $200, I'd rather put it toward one of the economy versions of LASS.

You mentioned in your last post that you are using asio4all. This is at best a fallback position and its own can of worms. In all honesty, if you are running a soundcard that does not have proper asio drivers, the absolute best thing you can spend your $200 on  to improve your Sonar audio production experience on is a soundcard that does have asio drivers.
post edited by tenfoot - 2015/07/18 08:47:02

Bruce.

jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/18 09:04:36 (permalink)

tenfoot

You mentioned in your last post that you are using asio4all. This is at best a fallback position and its own can of worms. In all honesty, if you are running a soundcard that does not have proper asio drivers, the absolute best thing you can spend your $200 on  to improve your Sonar audio production experience on is a soundcard that does have asio drivers.

I have a fairly new Focusrite Saffire 6i6, always worked great with Miroslav. I was using ASIO just fine on my old 64 bit computer. For some reason, Mirolsav stopped working when I changed computers and now ASIO4ALL seems to allow it to basically work.
post edited by jones082 - 2015/07/18 09:46:45
jones082
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2015/07/18 09:09:58 (permalink)
ShellstaX
jones082

Is it random or regular?
Press a key/note, with the same velocity if repeated, and hold it - is there a 'release' the sound gets quieter?
Perhaps you need to incorporate a 'sustain' (cc64) to your track/performance(?)

I'm pretty sure this is not an input problem.
The event inspector shows the data is there.
The patch seems to de-load, even though all the info is still there.  As soon as you double click on it, it recognizes it again and you have sound. This is random and it does it in both SampleTank and Miroslav, itself.
gilgovy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2016/02/15 22:31:48 (permalink)
hi guys, I recently upgraded to windows 10 and suddently I had this problem too, and I FIXED RUNNING SONAR AS ADMINISTRATOR.

here is how I solved this:

right click on sonar icon
click on properties
click on advanced
check the box "run as administrator"
ok, aply, etc

and... PROBLEM SOLVED. it solved as well another issues I had with another 32b plugin: Speakerphone from Audioease.

just one thing: you MUST open sonar by doble clicking the icon from the desktop (or wherever you have its shorcut) and once opened, you must open your project using sonar's menu. DON'T OPEN SONAR BY DOUBLE CLICKING ON YOUR PROJECT'S ICON, since it will open sonar not as administrator and it simply won't work. do this at least the times you are going to use Philarmonik.

hope it helps.

(if it doesn't work the first time), open plugin manager, under VST options check the 2 Re-scan boxes and do a scan of your VSTs. after this, it will work, an you may get back to plugin manager and uncheck the 2 Re-scan boxes again.

my equipment:
intel cuad processor Q95590
windows 10 pro
sonar platinum 64b
John6528
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 409
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2018/09/25 22:30:50 (permalink)
I know this is old BUT... Ik Multimedea is now telling me to install sampletank and run the philharmonik sounds through sampletank. I an half way through installing sampletank but have to give it a rest. I think I'm going to switch to Garitan even though I paid for philharmonik years ago. The time spent dealing with ik multimedia is just too much
John

Sonar 8.5 64, Win 7 64
Asrock X58 Extreme3, I7-950, 12G ram
OCZ Vertx3 120, Vertex2 90, WDM 1T
Focusrite Saffire
Yamaha P-70 Keyboard
M-Audio Midisport Uno
Miroslav Philharmonik , Nanosynth
Johnbee58
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 946
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2018/09/25 23:26:01 (permalink)
Shortly after I upgraded to Cakewalk by Bandlab (from X3 Studio) the DAW could no longer find Miroslav even though the .dll file was in the scanned folder which worked before the upgrade.  After the upgrade Miro wouldn't even open in X3.  So, I contacted IK Multimedia tech support and they told me to download the latest version of Sampletank.  That worked and it works fine now, but I like how the samples sounded better in the Miroslav interface.  It lost something in Sampletank.

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: IK Philharmonik Not Recognized in 64 bit X1. 2018/09/26 00:12:26 (permalink)
Apparently SampleTank 3 is the most up to date IKM sampler engine for compatibility with modern OS and DAWs.  It supports SampleTank, Syntronik, and Miroslav.

Since it can use the the older libraries, plus the current ones, it is probably the recommended way to go for support.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1