IK iLoud opinions?

Author
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
2014/04/03 20:09:10 (permalink)

IK iLoud opinions?

I am thinking of getting one mostly for playing Spotify from my phone using Bluetooth... and as a portable sound solution for sound when on vacation. I was also looking at this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_580CS355R/Onkyo-CS-355-Colibrino-Red.html

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!

2 Replies Related Threads

Jay Tee 4303
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 246
    Re: IK iLoud opinions? 2014/04/05 16:38:49 (permalink)
    I haven't used the iLoud, so I can't help there, but I have a Soundfreaq SFQ-01 that sounds very good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004E0ZLZQ/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

The downside for me is that the unit has no line or phones out jacks, so I can't feed it into the mixer on my practice rig. It had a lesser tablet I use for mp3, Youtube, and drum machine playback that is tethered (via headphone cable), which prompted me to run a Tab 3 and the Soundfreaq in parallel, so I can dispense w the cable and still mix or control playback from any position in the room.

The lack of output jacks led me to search for an alternative and I found quite a few. Some feed an analig stereo signal from Bluetooth input and run on batteries, others use a wallwart.

I haven't tested any of them yet, but at least two are widely available at Best Buy, the prices I remember are $20 and $50. Do a search and you should find many options that expand the possibilities.

IBM PC/XT
    1 MB RAM
    8087 Math Co-Processor
    5 Megabyte Seagate Hard Drive
    Twelvetone Cakewalk Version 2.0
    jbow
    Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7601
    Re: IK iLoud opinions? 2014/04/12 13:58:29 (permalink)
    Thanks JT... I am also looking at this: http://www.amphony.com/products/bluetooth-audio-receiver.htm
    It is the model 300 from Amphony. At 79 bucks it looks like a steal.
    From the site: "This Bluetooth wireless amplifier delivers 2 x 40 Watts of RMS power to a pair of speakers. The built-in power amplifier delivers the energy efficiency of today's best digital class-D audio amplifiers while at the same time offering far lower audio distortion at only 0.04 %"

I already have speakers and can easily pick up others. I will likely still get the iLoud to play with IK stuff, play guitar and because it is so portable.

Thanks for the reply!

Julien

Sonar Platinum
    Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
    HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1