I’d like to be able to see outside the box (‘Move data within clip’-function)

Author
Loptec
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 948
2016/05/21 05:25:26 (permalink)
5 (1)

I’d like to be able to see outside the box (‘Move data within clip’-function)

I’d love to see the data that’s outside the audio clip (maybe as a different colored 'ghost version' of the clip) when using the ‘Move data within clip’-function (alt+shift + drag with mouse)

It would be especially useful if you’re doing sound design with audio clips containing many versions of a sound effect in a row. Then you wouldn’t have to search back and forth for the different version ‘in the dark’ but would immediately see where all the versions were and could quickly move to the next/previous sound.

Below is an idea of how this function could look like:
(The rest of the track, including other clips becomes darker to make it easier to see what you're doing)

I guess it would be hard to have this function draw a ghost-version to the left of a clip place at the beginning of a project.. I don't think that limitation would be a reason for dissing the function alltogether though.
post edited by Loptec - 2016/05/21 05:49:43

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

DAW: Sonar Platinum (64bit) with Melodyne Studio - Controllers: Roland VS-700C, Cakewalk A-500 Pro, Yamaha P90
Desktop Audio Interface: RME HDSPe RayDAT - Laptop Audio Interface: RME Babyface Pro

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1