I'm considering Kore and Komplete what do you think?

Author
myconsumerclub
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 410
2007/08/12 20:44:06 (permalink)

I'm considering Kore and Komplete what do you think?

The audio interface (not available in kore 2 hardware I hear) and free upgrade to Kore 2 (with 500 sounds ) and Kore being only $279 now plus the ability to buy Komplete 4 at a special price ($650) has me wanting to seriously consider getting this gear.

I will be adding Sonar as soon as Sonar 7 is released to take advantage of the added features (boost11 and dimpro le w/Garitan orch) in 7 (unless I can get sonar 6 now and get an upgrade to 7 free? hint hint nudge nudge) but I need to take advantage of the deal on Kore now if I'm going to (limited number of old units available), so what I need to know from you guys is if anyone has core and what experiences you have had either positive or negative?

The problems I've read about on their forum seem to indicate it was released early with a lot of bugs and I think they should have those problems addressed in the next version which will be free to me if I take advantage of the deal I'm looking at doing. But if its really garbage or redundant in Sonar I would like to know. How do you guys use sonar to assist you in performing material live?

Question? Will sonar be adding Kore compatibility to take advantage of the meta data in NI's products and possibly come out with features that allow us to use sonar as a host for playing out live with all our plug ins and set ups like Kore claims to do?

Idea for a new product would be a controller / browser ala Kore but incorporate it into a master keyboard with drum pads like the Edirol pcr800 and bundle it with the ultimate synth bundle including Z3ta. An attachment that would suspend a laptop above a keyboard would be cool as well maybe a frame that sits on top of the keyboard that screws into the board. You guys should work to create a standard with NI on the concept that Kore is trying to address.

I probbably do this deal just because I want Guitar Rig2, B4II, ABSynth, Reaktor, Kontact2, Spectral Delay, Battery, Akoustic Piano, Pro 53, etc at that special price ($650) instead of having to pay $1350 for Komplete 4 plus I also need a usb audio interface for my laptop but it would be a clincher if you guys see any value in Kore's ability to work with sonar since I plan on switching to sonar from cubase.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1