I'm done posting here.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Ognis
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5129
2007/05/10 03:36:05 (permalink)

I'm done posting here.

I've been called a pedophile, an ****, a troll, an idiot, and that I've never made my own music before. Of all those, the first I mentioned is the only one that upset me.. Either way, I know I'm not wanted here, so I will leave.

Be happy,

-nay

40 Replies Related Threads

rewir3d
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 570
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 04:08:44 (permalink)
    If you are on your way out that is your choice, but if you stay, my only suggestion is to realize people on this forum have feelings to and the stuff you have said in the past may dig into them as well....just conduct your post in a manner to keep it constructive without intentionally bashing someone for no reason....who knows maybe you will make some friends.
    cb8rwh
    • Total Posts : 593
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 05:20:38 (permalink)
    Someone called you a paedophile? What did you say to get that response?

I guess you might have grown tired of this place? You have made loads of posts (2600+) so you must have enjoyed it at some point and the majority of those obviously didn't p*ss anyone off.

Just stay dude.

Rich
    Rosco
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 06:10:10 (permalink)
    To quote one of your fellow Americans…..

‘You Can Not Be Serious Man’

I love the humour in your posts, more so because a lot of people don’t get it, they think you’re being serious when you are not.

As to the list of ailments at the bottom of your post, have you tried 2 aspirin, a cup of cocoa and an early night? Always works for me.

Rosco
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 07:04:46 (permalink)

a pedophile,

Hey, I was just joking around.... it was just sarcasm. sorry if it came out the wrong way. I didnt mean anything by it.

I tend to have a sick sense of humor not shared by other's. so please except my apologies.

Milt
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 781
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 08:33:48 (permalink)
    Come on, Ognis. Don't let some of the children on this forum get to you, besides, I'm in Nashville, and we need as many Tennessee boys on here as we can get!! If Cakewalk would develope P5 beyond the toy stage, maybe we would get more mature attitudes.
    blipp
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7006
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 09:01:14 (permalink)
    Milt wrote:
    If Cakewalk would develope P5 beyond the toy stage, maybe we would get more mature attitudes.

Aha. Another troll.
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 09:08:26 (permalink)
    (Assuming people are referring to some of your previous avatars)

I think avatars cause more trouble than any other single device used on internet forums. They invite misunderstanding. Unless I'm wrong, aren't the females you've used all movie actresses? Maybe you should consider something a little more "generic". That's why I went with the synth rack avatar. Hard to stir up controversy with that.

I wish all forums had the ability to turn off avatars. Although they have their uses (quick scanning of a thread for a particular user), I hate being forced to have to have them included.

Anyway, I hope you stay.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    kaylen
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 336
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 09:12:41 (permalink)
    I have always liked having your perspective posted,,I hope you eccept the apology,

Music is as useless and unimportant as life itself
    Kaylen, 
    Win 7 Home pr,  6GB DDR3,  intel2120
    X2P, 
    Battery 4,   BFD2,    BFD Eco,   EZdrmr 
    Finale 2012

Digital Aura
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 09:39:04 (permalink)
    Different strokes. Most of us know how to handle you (..with a grain of salt) but some of your comments do border on trolling or being offensive in some manner to someone. For the most part, I can't say you've been treated unfairly...you need to be able to take it if you're dishing it out bro. I'm surprised you're as sensitive to snide remarks as you say you are.
    Anyways, I'm sorry to hear you feel this way Og. I was hoping you had been recently inspired to contribute some more music here.
    Cheers.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 10:46:33 (permalink)
    Ognis,

don't let em get to you, boy. You provide some interesting perspectives on this board and I know I've gotten some good info from them. And I think a lot of what you say is playful. Its not like anyone around here has the final word on opinions, except the moderator.

of course, that is just my opinion,

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    ecamburn
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1510
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 11:14:43 (permalink)
    A couple of thoughts...

*Even though I've gotten steamed at things you said, I have appreciated some of your posts.

*As DA says, if you dish it out, you should be ready to take it. Case in point - Sean's joke

*People above seem to be arguing that your comments are tongue in cheek, or sarcastic. That's really hard to communicate in a written forum like this, and I personally have interpreted many of your comments as negative, combative, and trolling. I'm not the only one who's interpreting your posts this way. Just a suggestion... if you are really just trying to be sarcastic, try to communicate that a little more clearly.

*It's a public forum, and as long as you abide by Cake's terms of use, you have a right to be here, even if you p*** people off.

eric

post edited by ecamburn - 2007/05/10 11:16:34
    ucacjbs
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 866
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 11:28:08 (permalink)
    It's been a long time since we had an official storm out. Maybe I'll do one too. Right, everybody! I'm leaving! For a while.
    judaman
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 36
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 12:00:17 (permalink)
    I have a vst that has a really tiny violin in it.

Poor me. I'm sorry I'm so tired of the childish posts like this. Ognis. Take a look at your 2609 (that's an average of about 10 posts a day!)some odd posts. Most of them are rude comments that an inconsiderate person with bad intentions would make. Obviously more than one person has noticed this. Maybe you should think about the possibility that it might be true. Shape up or ship out. I'm not sorry for you. YOu've crapped on alot of people's posts.

You said that you are upset because "people said i didnt make my own music" is that why you said that to eonic about his track. Grow up.

wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 12:02:31 (permalink)

I've seen this same behavior at a number of forums: posting mildly combative statements, the occcasional backpedalling and apology and smattering of useful information and perspective and the eventual 'I've had enough' publicly announced exit.

And that ususally triggers some sort of outpouring of 'don't go' maybe even a few 'gosh, we'll miss you, you added something unique and special'

I'm sure there's all sorts of psychological currents at work here just waiting to be analyzed, but it doesn't amount to much one way or another.
    This forum like dozens and dozens of others serves a certain community that has a dynamic ebb and flow of contributors and tone and infotainment.

It's rare that there's ever really a need to close the door on that from either side.

judaman
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 36
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 12:11:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: wrench45us

I've seen this same behavior at a number of forums: posting mildly combative statements, the occcasional backpedalling and apology and smattering of useful information and perspective and the eventual 'I've had enough' publicly announced exit.

And that ususally triggers some sort of outpouring of 'don't go' maybe even a few 'gosh, we'll miss you, you added something unique and special'

I'm sure there's all sorts of psychological currents at work here just waiting to be analyzed, but it doesn't amount to much one way or another.
    This forum like dozens and dozens of others serves a certain community that has a dynamic ebb and flow of contributors and tone and infotainment.

It's rare that there's ever really a need to close the door on that from either side.

Now that's a damn fine post. I agree. Well said wrench.
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 12:29:44 (permalink)
    I just read the infamous "pedophile" thread and I don't detect any animosity there, Ognis. Actually, it reads more like an open dialog about avatars with some comical banter between you and Sean:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=975700&mpage=1&key=avatar%2Cpedophile

Doesn't matter - we all know Rosco is right.

-FWIW, I think your avatars are pretty hilarious and I've already booked my flight for the October 4th convention.
    post edited by cryophonik - 2007/05/10 22:14:05

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

badbib
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 13:36:06 (permalink)
    yeah ognis, whatever.

Seriously, if you're really serious, well fine, I wouldn't blame other for you departure though, more yourself.

I don't see anything wrong with you staying here though. I think I got used to your humour after a while.
    VaporCom
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 14:52:24 (permalink)
    Wow, is there anyway we can get some cheezy soap opera music to play in the background as I read this?
    axe
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 733
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 21:34:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ognis

I've been called a pedophile, an ****, a troll, an idiot, and that I've never made my own music before. Of all those, the first I mentioned is the only one that upset me.. Either way, I know I'm not wanted here, so I will leave.

Be happy,

-nay

Listen, you post Avatars of young girls and I would say your purposely attempted to draw that comment. So change your Avatar to something that does not suggest your are some type of pervert and no one will hassle you.

:10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 21:52:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: axe

Be happy,

-nay

Listen, you post Avatars of young girls and I would say your purposely attempted to draw that comment. So change your Avatar to something that does not suggest your are some type of pervert and no one will hassle you.

you could always put a vagina in there,...thats always fun. nothing but positive gestures using that one...lol!...

ATS
    • Total Posts : 877
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 22:02:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: :10:

a pedophile,

Hey, I was just joking around.... it was just sarcasm. sorry if it came out the wrong way. I didnt mean anything by it.

I tend to have a sick sense of humor not shared by other's. so please except my apologies.

lol it shouldn't bother him if it isn't true
    Ognis
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 22:05:18 (permalink)
    I said I wasn't posting here again, but... I know you were joking 10, but you weren't really who I ment... Like I said, say whatever about me, I can care less, but with all that is happing to children in this world, that is not something to joke about. Child sex trade in most of the under developed countries, and thousands, and thousands of sex offenders right here in the US. Did you hear about the guy who raped a small girl from age 5 till age 8 or 9 ? He got probation, NO jail time, and her life is pretty much over - do you think she will ever have a normal relationship with anyone ? Of course not, and the guy who did it isn't even going to go to jail - the judge said, it's not really a crime WTF... I tell you what, look up the sex offender registery for where you live, there will be countless offenders right by you, regardless where you live. Call me whatever, but don't joke about something like that. Do you think you would ever be right again if someone held you down and rapped you ??? No.... And this is happing to children every minite of every day, I personally don't think it's very funny.
    ATS
    • Total Posts : 877
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 23:05:44 (permalink)

I said I wasn't posting here again, but... I know you were joking 10, but you weren't really who I ment... Like I said, say whatever about me, I can care less, but with all that is happing to children in this world, that is not something to joke about. Child sex trade in most of the under developed countries, and thousands, and thousands of sex offenders right here in the US. Did you hear about the guy who raped a small girl from age 5 till age 8 or 9 ? He got probation, NO jail time, and her life is pretty much over - do you think she will ever have a normal relationship with anyone ? Of course not, and the guy who did it isn't even going to go to jail - the judge said, it's not really a crime WTF... I tell you what, look up the sex offender registery for where you live, there will be countless offenders right by you, regardless where you live. Call me whatever, but don't joke about something like that. Do you think you would ever be right again if someone held you down and rapped you ??? No.... And this is happing to children every minite of every day, I personally don't think it's very funny.

Ognis you are right it is terrible but so many things in this world are terrible I don't think anything is wrong with keeping your sense of humour about it all. No matter what you do in life you are going to offend someone so I say do whatever and if people get offended that their problem.

I am not speaking for ten maybe he will think it is wrong now who knows.
    axe
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 733
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/10 23:41:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: :10:

ORIGINAL: axe

Be happy,

-nay

you could always put a vagina in there,...thats always fun. nothing but positive gestures using that one...lol!...

LOL, why did I know we were going there!

cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/11 00:19:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ATS

No matter what you do in life you are going to offend someone so I say do whatever and if people get offended that their problem.

Amen to that, especially in this case. If a person can see a photo of a girl (model, actress, or otherwise) in your avatar and automatically assume that you're a pedophile, I say that he/she is the one with the problem. BTW, I see that the thread I referred to in my earlier response was not the thread you were referring to - I found the actual infamous pedophile thread. Blow it off, man.

And change your avatar back to a chick before people start taking you seriously.

edit: typ0
    post edited by cryophonik - 2007/05/11 00:39:36

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

rewir3d
    • Total Posts : 570
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/11 01:06:50 (permalink)
    this thread really is bugging me, I thought this was a music forum. There are new tracks posted with barely any views and this allready has almost five hundred....starting to wonder if this is becoming a chat room?
    ggg
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 324
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/11 01:48:40 (permalink)
    Fade in...

Forum member hudled at computer, tears running down cheeks.

FM: "I's over. I'll never post again!"

cue organ music...

Fade to black...

ok, now that we're back to reality (or whaterver this is...) anyone writing any music?

ggg

It was all so different, before everything changed...

Sonar Platinum Lifetimer, CW Synths+++, HP Pavilion Laptop dv7t Quad i7 3610, 16g, .75t hybrid drive, W10 64bit

DayDrumFour
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1112
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/11 03:22:13 (permalink)
    This thread is just funny on so many levels.

I have authentic analog drum machine samples.
    naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: I'm done posting here. 2007/05/11 05:58:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cryophonik

ORIGINAL: ATS

No matter what you do in life you are going to offend someone so I say do whatever and if people get offended that their problem.

Amen to that, especially in this case. If a person can see a photo of a girl (model, actress, or otherwise) in your avatar and automatically assume that you're a pedophile, I say that he/she is the one with the problem. BTW, I see that the thread I referred to in my earlier response was not the thread you were referring to - I found the actual infamous pedophile thread. Blow it off, man.

And change your avatar back to a chick before people start taking you seriously.

edit: typ0

Same goes for vaginas. And who brought that up eh?
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1