In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ?

Author
Djipy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2006/12/22 08:30:07 (permalink)

In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ?

Will Sfz+ be updated for the bugs reported before ?

Among those bugs : bank & program change with MIDI not handled properly (when selecting the last bank), default fxp file does not load automatically at startup (it's meant to work in the user's manual).

Furthermore, a support for the Sfz format would be useful in Sfz+. It's obvious !

Please tell us exactly what you intend to do with Sfz+ in the near future !!

15 Replies Related Threads

spyro
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2006/12/28 18:53:30 (permalink)
    Yes this is incredible... I should start calling Sfz+ "Abandonware".
    Djipy
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2006/12/30 04:16:27 (permalink)
    I guess nobody cares about Sfz+ at Cakewalk.
    Customers are not important, just money is...
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2006/12/31 18:32:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Djipy

I guess nobody cares about Sfz+ at Cakewalk.
    Customers are not important, just money is...

I doubt any of us have the answer on this one, but you might try asking Cakewalk directly about the issue. Perhaps it could give you an explanation that you could then share with the rest of us forum users here. I doubt any of us have the answer. Here is a page on Cakewalk's website that will give you its contact information:

http://www.cakewalk.com/About/contact.asp

I speculate that SFZ+ is a pretty old product when compared to the feature set of Rapture and Dimension Pro. And Dimension Pro does read the SFZ format for its multisample playback information, so perhaps the real answer is to use Dimension Pro instead of SFZ+ unless there is a compelling feature set within SFZ+ that cannot be found in Dimension Pro. I don't know since I've never used SFZ+.
    Djipy
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 03:58:29 (permalink)
    Nobody cares and answers at Cakewalk ???
    Cakewalk, if you don't intend to update Sfz+, just say "fück you" and we're gone...
    But please say something !!!
    post edited by Djipy - 2007/01/04 04:27:18
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 09:42:36 (permalink)
    <er> I know that sometimes one can get frustrated, but don't you think a more
    appropriate response might be one that's a bit less confrontational?

I find that when one uses such language - one is often shown the door.

And to be honest, I'd like to see sfz+ updated...

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 10:38:24 (permalink)
    Djipy, I think I have answered this question like ten times to you at the kvraudio forum. Do you recall it? Here is how the story goes: you ask many questions in the forum pretending to be 'pre-sales', I answer and give you support, you have several bugs, you confess to have used a warezed version, I tell you I can't help you by sending you a test version in pre-release/stealth mode because of that, like we do with many users to help with particular problems, you say you'll protest your purchase, I say you're welcome to get the refund, you say you won't do it, etc. etc. For those who want to check the dated-yet-full novel, here it is:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109050&start=0

FWIW, some of the bugs you report are most likely because traces of the warezed version still in your system. Try reinstalling windows.

Now and again, a few words about sfz+:

sfz+ is old, but still the best software soundfont player available. It plays with better quality and fidelity to the standard than samplers costing 10x.
    sfz+ WILL be updated at some point, but it has not been and is not currently top priority.
    Cakewalk will not reveal about the future of our products until it's a good time for it. So there's no answer for 'when' or 'will it happen soon?'.
    We have no immediate plans to give sfz+ support for the sfz format. We simply don't think that is a 'bug'.

-René
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 13:56:53 (permalink)
    Funny, but, I am saddened. This whole time I thought I was rude, but, René, you may be great at what you do, but you just proved I am nowhere near as rude as I thought I was.
    Djipy
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 14:05:06 (permalink)
    René, thanks for your answer.
    I know that I'm repeating the same questions again and again... Maybe I'm getting old...

FWIW, some of the bugs you report are most likely because traces of the warezed version still in your system.

Not at all ! My Windows XP has just been completely refreshed from the official restore CD and the hard disk has been reformatted. It's clean, with the Sfz+ installer that I purchased at rgc:audio.

sfz+ is old, but still the best software soundfont player available.

Yes, I agree. That's why it's worth updating. It only needs some tweaking to be 100% perfect (see my bugs list).

sfz+ WILL be updated at some point, but it has not been and is not currently top priority.

Glad to read that ! I'm sure that fixes are rather easy to do. It should not take weeks of work, IMO.

We have no immediate plans to give sfz+ support for the sfz format.

Sad to read that. As the coding already exists for the free Sfz, the implementation in Sfz+ should not be too difficult, IMO.

However, thanks again, René, for taking the time to answer my message. Be sure that I'm not mad about yourself : I just can't understand the "freezed period" of Sfz+. I'm mad about facts, not about people...

By the way, best wishes for 2007 !

post edited by Djipy - 2007/01/04 14:25:06
    Markus Copol
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 691
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 14:52:43 (permalink)
    serious Djipay , I think Rene was far more polite with you ! I am out of words here.

Come on dude I cant believe that after all of that you came back to him and asked him about the update again ?

People here might not appreciate that at all specially when we have so much gratitude for Rene's genuine work. I have most of his work and ZERO problem and am waiting for next projects.

The best thing to do is to let it go and turn the page !

Markus

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 15:46:55 (permalink)
    Funny, but, I am saddened. This whole time I thought I was rude, but, René, you may be great at what you do, but you just proved I am nowhere near as rude as I thought I was.

Sorry about that. Don´t take it too seriously though, it´s a grain of truth in a dish of trolling

Not at all ! My Windows XP has just been completely refreshed from the official restore CD and the hard disk has been reformatted. It's clean, with the Sfz+ installer that I purchased at rgc:audio.

The sfz+ crackers" actually labeled 1.0 a version which was an old beta, but their installer writes a registry key which the true 1.0 installer fails to overwrite. Please save a system info file and email it to rene at rgcaudio. I can tell you easily what`s going on.

Glad to read that ! I'm sure that fixes are rather easy to do. It should not take weeks of work, IMO.

The changes proposed can probably take a day. The testing stage, a week. The complete unknown is how long before we can schedule an sfz+ update. Many customers want updates for their products, and even when it might sound harsh, the number of customers plays a fundamental role in the priority selection.

Sad to read that. As the coding already exists for the free Sfz, the implementation in Sfz+ should not be too difficult, IMO.

Certainly not, it isn't about difficulty. There's an important issue to solve in sfz+ (it doesn't support dual-processor machines in multiple instances) which will most likely force a big rewrite, and it will impact more customers.

However, thanks again, René, for taking the time to answer my message. Be sure that I'm not mad about yourself : I just can't understand the "freezed period" of Sfz+. I'm mad about facts, not about people...

By the way, best wishes for 2007 !

Thanks. I´m glad to hear that instead of the ¨Cakewalk, if you don't intend to update Sfz+, just say "fück you" and we're gone... ¨.

-René
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 16:34:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ognis

lol.....you are rude ognis.......

and wow.....what a thread. almost had to stop and make some popcorn there for a moment....

Mycranium
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 152
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 17:40:09 (permalink)
    I thought the book was better.

Win8.1 x64
    Intel I7 4770K
    32GB RAM
    Asus Maximus VI Formula mobo
    Asus GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 video card
    MOTU Ultralite
    E-MU Xboard 49
    M-Audio Studiophile BX5 Monitors
    Sonar X3 Platinum, Dim Pro, Rapture, GPO, JABB, Z3TA+ 2
    Logitech T630 touch mouse
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 19:04:28 (permalink)
    but the extras on the dvd are so worth it.
    Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/04 22:32:06 (permalink)
    Yeah, I liked "The Making Of" and the Directors Commentary". The Out-Takes were hilarious, too!
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: In the end, will Sfz+ be updated ? 2007/01/05 01:09:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

Sorry about that. Don´t take it too seriously though, it´s a grain of truth in a dish of trolling

lol. Dont take me too seriously either I'd of been alot more rude than you

(scarcasim hardly works with text )

But, if I were Djipy.... I'd just contact support, or you, with my serial (or whatever you use with this, I dont have it), to prove I own it... If he does that, then he bought it, give him a break. If not, rip him to peices for all I care What makes this whole thing so funny, is, he's doing a damn good job of showong he never did
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1