In the name of paradise

Author
munmun
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1319
2008/09/12 14:33:24 (permalink)

In the name of paradise

Hi there. Finally getting round to final tweaks on songs I have recorded over the last couple of years. Would be obliged if you could take a listen to In the name of paradise and let me know whether there is any room for improvement.

Link

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=405294

Thanks very much

8 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 16:54:19 (permalink)
    I find the vox a bit forward and bright I might want to filter some of the highs and perhaps bring them back a tad (depends on what happens with the filter).

Other than that it has a really nice sound.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    MannyNY
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 18:08:56 (permalink)
    Hi,

Has this been on your site for a while? I ask because I took a listen, immediately thought I have heard this before. Not in that “he ripped off another song” kind of way, I mean I must have heard your song before. If this has never been on your site until now, then I’ll be checking into the hospital tonight.

I remembered it because I thought it was good tune. I like the vocal – a bit of straining at the top of your range but it works. It’s upbeat and introspective at the same time – nice going. Can’t comment much on the mix other than to say it all sounds pretty good to me – again, the tune itself is real nice.
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 20:11:50 (permalink)
    Sunny,

I liked everything about this tune. Maybe 'warm up' the vox a teeny bit, but no big deal. Your voice really does fit the song very nicely. I like the 'na-na's too...

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 20:48:32 (permalink)
    Sunny

I always get a kick from seeing the 'Daft Vader' avatar because I know I'm gonna like the music.

I'm getting a little of The Stone's 'Angie' from this but not as a rip and in a good way.

It sounds nicely casual and not overworked, I can't see anything else to do here except kick back and put it on again. The electric rhythm guitar part sounds particularly phenomenal.

Luvverly Guvnor
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/09/12 20:53:23

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 21:02:53 (permalink)
    I gotta come back here again, this tune is giving me goosebumps all over I love it so much.

I do you a disservice by likening to one song listening again this has so many diverse influences distilled from all the best music I've heard all served up in one ball of a beautiful track. Just your voice is reminding me of everything from Joan Armatrading to Sting.

Why, in the name of paradise don't we get rock shows like this anymore?

Ahsan you've just turned me into mush...

Any chance of a download?
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/09/12 21:10:03

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    munmun
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 21:39:11 (permalink)
    It has been on my site for some time.

ORIGINAL: MannyNY

Hi,

Has this been on your site for a while? I ask because I took a listen, immediately thought I have heard this before. Not in that “he ripped off another song” kind of way, I mean I must have heard your song before. If this has never been on your site until now, then I’ll be checking into the hospital tonight.

I remembered it because I thought it was good tune. I like the vocal – a bit of straining at the top of your range but it works. It’s upbeat and introspective at the same time – nice going. Can’t comment much on the mix other than to say it all sounds pretty good to me – again, the tune itself is real nice.

munmun
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 21:40:22 (permalink)
    Wow! Thank you!

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

I gotta come back here again, this tune is giving me goosebumps all over I love it so much.

I do you a disservice by likening to one song listening again this has so many diverse influences distilled from all the best music I've heard all served up in one ball of a beautiful track. Just your voice is reminding me of everything from Joan Armatrading to Sting.

Why, in the name of paradise don't we get rock shows like this anymore?

Ahsan you've just turned me into mush...

Any chance of a download?

Taylor_514C
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1215
    RE: In the name of paradise 2008/09/12 22:23:16 (permalink)
    Hey, I enjoyed that one - I would bring up the guitar part in the mix starting at about 2:50 till the end with a longer fade - just my preference, because I liked that guitar part.

Excellent vox and arrangement. The song as a whole had a 70s rock vibe to it, which is alright by me - suits my taste well.

Taylor_514CMy Music:

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1