Informal A/B/C tests

Author
Rick McNab
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1047
2006/02/21 06:06:53 (permalink)

Informal A/B/C tests

I've been going between the Rapture demos and the demos for some other softys I've been interested in: GMedia Minimonsta, GMedia ImpOscar, Fab Filter Twin, Arturia Arp 2600 and Prophet V (new). For some reason I decided not to pipe the audio through my M-Audo BX5s and instead went with my cheap JVC headphones.

No doubt the Minimonsta and ImpOscar are seriously fat sounding instruments. Maybe quite a bit fatter than Rapture. Same goes for Fab Filter Twin. The verdict is still out on the Prophet V, since there aren't enough demos available.

On the other hand when going back to the Rapture demos after listening to these other synths, I notice a real sense of detail in the Rapture sounds that appears to be missing from the others.

So either I will require Rapture along with one of the fatties, or will look forward to seeing how Rapture can hold its own against Minimonsta and ImpOscar. Whatever the outcome, there is no way that those will replace Rapture. The question is can Rapture replace or at least cover for them?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1