Input recording ALL output (how do I turn this off)

Author
telefelon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2005/08/10 02:20:40 (permalink)

Input recording ALL output (how do I turn this off)

Here's a sample of the situation.

-I record or insert sound on to track one
-I disarm track one, and arm track two to record input from the soundcard mic input.
-When I start recording, everything sounds and runs fine.
-When I stop recording, everything from track one, as well as what I just played through the input is recorded to track two.

I thought this a little strange, so I tested it's limits.

Instead of playing something through the mic input, I opened windows media player and opened an mp3.
It recorded it. :(

Seems like EVERYTHING that comes out of the speakers is being recorded on to my armed tracks no matter where it comes from or goes to...and I can't figure out how to turn this off. There has to be some way to control this feature, and I'm thinking it might have nothing to do with Cakewalk since it happens in Cubase, Acid Pro, GoldWave, and even Windows Recorder.

Please help.

2 Replies Related Threads

telefelon
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Input recording ALL output (how do I turn this off) 2005/08/10 02:38:32 (permalink)
    Thought I had figured it out by lowering the Stereo Mix in Recording Volume Controls, but I didn't.

The audio still records, but it gets louder if I turn up the Stereo Mix (duh)...but when I turn it all the way down, it still records.
    post edited by telefelon - 2005/08/10 03:01:31
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: Input recording ALL output (how do I turn this off) 2005/08/10 17:19:51 (permalink)
    You may need to unselect the stereo mix (by selecting something else that you aren't using). On my system "Stereo Mix" is equivalent to "Record what you hear". Setting the slider down all the way will not do it. You have to unselect it.

Larry
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1