Inputs Outputs ................

Author
leekit1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2014/08/14 22:07:38 (permalink)

Inputs Outputs ................

Hey I'm new here and very new to DAW's.........so please excuse my ignorance.  I just received my Sonar Studio in the mail and got everything downloaded okay today.  I'm using a MOTU Microbook II interface with it.  What I can't seem to figure out is how to set the inputs and outputs so I can record guitar straight into the interface....not using a mic.  This may be a question for MOTU....not sure.  I'm sure I'm missing something really simple and its bugging the crap out of me.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  This thing is awesome and I can't wait to really get into it.

2 Replies Related Threads

sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Inputs Outputs ................ 2014/08/14 22:46:26 (permalink)
    First off this forum is for the old version of Sonar... post in the X series for more people to help. 
    You also need to give more info about what it is your doing. Your problem could involve a zillion different things you haven't done yet. 

Basic stuf: 

Download and install the latest drivers and everything for your system. 

Check in windows that the Motu is the default sound device.

Check in Sonar that the Motu is running in ASIO mode and the checked device. That it is the defualt timing master and the in/ outs show on the list in preferences. 

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

leekit1
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Inputs Outputs ................ 2014/08/15 11:26:42 (permalink)
    Sorry about this guys.......I didn't realize this was the wrong section until after I posted.  Thanks for the help anyway...I'll move over there.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1